ADVERTISEMENT

We are a basketball school now, I hope.

soybean

HR King
Sep 30, 2001
All I can do now is hope that somehow this season's BIG10 basketball season can be conducted safely...maybe not until January, or even February, but I hope it can somehow happen. This Fall is gonna suck, but maybe the Winter will be a little brighter?

If the basketball season is completely cancelled, there will be a violent revolt in the streets. Okay, that won't happen but the disappointment of losing both football and basketball, (and probably wrestling) would be unbearable!

All I can do now is hope that somehow this season's BIG10 basketball season can be conducted safely...maybe not until January, or even February, but I hope it can somehow happen. This Fall is gonna suck, but maybe the Winter will be a little brighter?
No way. No fb, no bb. Winter is flu season as well. CV hysteria is way past the point of no return. Using only positive 'testing' as THE benchmark has doomed the prospect of sports.

No way. No fb, no bb. Winter is flu season as well. CV hysteria is way past the point of no return. Using only positive 'testing' as THE benchmark has doomed the prospect of sports.
Idiots like you have doomed the prospect of sports. Own it

You trippin? Sweden laughed at your politicized 'science' and blue state extermination enlightenment. Took their medicine early instead of elongating the inevitable herd immunity infection necessity. Like them,
You seem like a reasonable sort of fellow. Congrats.

Reactions: IowaNiceHawk
The title to this thread is idiotic, to put it mildly.

The Hawkeyes went 10-3, last season, beat a major program in the Bowl game and was ranked in Top 20 this season, as well.

The University of Iowa is a Football, Basketball, Wrestling and Women's hoops school for those in Rio Linda. #gohawks

You are right. Plus70% of deaths are people that would be dead within 12 months.

Sweden has not achieved herd immunity and their death rate currently exceeds that of the United States.

Herd immunity AND a vaccine could take years ... so if people don’t want to “return to normal” (and I’d say to do so fully would be foolish), then THEY need to articulate a plan for getting some form of normal back - not just critique plans they hear. And a “plan” is not delay until some magical future moment when things will be better because they would just get worse again, and a “plan” is not staying effectively shut down for months and months. A plan is socially distanced restaurant tables, games with no fans or requiring fans to wear masks until seated.

We can’t cancel and delay everything until there is a vaccine (IF there is a vaccine) and we can’t pretend the virus isn’t active ... so why is there so much outrage about plans that incorporate as much safety measures as is feasible??

Herd immunity AND a vaccine could take years ... so if people don’t want to “return to normal” (and I’d say to do so fully would be foolish), then THEY need to articulate a plan for getting some form of normal back - not just critique plans they hear. And a “plan” is not delay until some magical future moment when things will be better because they would just get worse again, and a “plan” is not staying effectively shut down for months and months. A plan is socially distanced restaurant tables, games with no fans or requiring fans to wear masks until seated.

We can’t cancel and delay everything until there is a vaccine (IF there is a vaccine) and we can’t pretend the virus isn’t active ... so why is there so much outrage about plans that incorporate as much safety measures as is feasible??
This. If fans want sports, they have to be willing to be flexible for safety measures. Players, coaches, officials, and other fans should all have measures in place to protect each other. As long as some fans refuse to do this, game off.

My wish is that all sports are canceled indefinitely, catalyzing a violent revolt by people with common sense, resulting in the wholesale slaughter of mendacious technocrats and the craven mid-wit enforcer/hall monitor class.

The world world be a better, brighter place in a few short months.

A guy can dream....

Last edited:

Yes, if there had been a coordinated federal response by the government with testing and contract tracing AND states would have followed the CDC guidelines for opening up then the coronavirus might have been mitigated to a point where having fall sports was feasible. But, we don't have the leadership of Europe, Japan, South Korea, Canada, etc. We're a third world country.

My wish is that all sports are canceled indefinitely, catalyzing a violent revolt by people with common sense, resulting in the wholesale slaughter of mendacious technocrats and the craven mid-wit enforcer/hall monitor class.

The world world be a better, brighter place in a few short months.

A guy can dream....

Hey everybody, look, I can use big words! :rolleyes:

Reactions: squeezebox
sesquipedalian-2.jpg

The basketball board at least is still somewhat worthwhile for conversation about basketball. Unlike football which has become a sh!thole for individuals political grievances.

Here's to hoping there's D1 basketball coming in late 2020 or early 2021.

Is there still any real talk of a BIG10 only schedule beginning in January, or are we all screwed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT