ADVERTISEMENT

We Didn’t start the Fire-Billy Joel

Is there anyone else like Billy Joel? To quit making music when he had a lot of years left? His last studio album was released in 93? I don’t believe he really had a drop off, he seemed to be consistently good throughout his entire career. I guess music wasn’t really his passion?

Be sure and include Sarah Palin, Dick Cheney, Osama Bin Laden, Tiger and Elin Nordegren, Tiger and Rachael Uchitel, Paris Hilton, Charlie Sheen, Daniel Pearl, Vladimir Putin, Harry of Wales, Anita Hill, Jeffrey Epstein, El Chapo, Hugo Chavez, Princess Diana, Kato Kaelin, Chesley Sullenberger, Caitlyn Jenner, Stormy Daniels, Kevin Bacon, Bernie Madoff ...

All for now; I am sure a few more will come to me.

Last edited:
Is there anyone else like Billy Joel? To quit making music when he had a lot of years left? His last studio album was released in 93? I don’t believe he really had a drop off, he seemed to be consistently good throughout his entire career. I guess music wasn’t really his passion?
Not going to lie. 93 seems about the right time for him to quit.

He’s not hip but I love me some Billy Joel.

Schools close, Tom Hanks, trouble in the big banks, no vaccine, quarantine, no more toilet paper seen. Travel ban, Weinstein, panic COVID-19, NBA, gone away, what else do I have to sayyyyyy

We didn’t stop the virus/Could have been prevented/But our leader’s demented...

I wish I could take credit for this, but I jacked it.

I think he stopped making pop/rock albums because he has a passion for classical music and he wanted to focus on that. He ended up releasing an album of classical music in 2001. He eventually started touring and playing his old hits again not too long after that. My family and I saw him at Kauffman Stadium in KC a couple years ago and it was an extremely enjoyable evening. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but dude's an American treasure.

Fantasies & Delusions - Wikipedia

Gordon Ramsey and umami
George Costanza eats pastrami
Kobiyashi, Joey Chestnut
New Kids on the Block

He lost his muse in 1994. Every hetero male on HROT would have eaten a bullet after losing that hot POA. I give him credit for not drinking himself to death yet.

Just recently re-read this 2014 New Yorker feature story on him, it's pretty good. Apparently he is very happy just performing a few times a year and entertaining his fans with his older catalog. Kind of respected him more.

As a kid through my 20s, I cringed every time I heard Piano Man. Hated that song. Now, in my 40s, I think I know what he was singing about… and I actually like it.

"Son can you play me a memory?
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes"

Life moves fast.

Reactions: TheonGreyJoy
As a kid through my 20s, I cringed every time I heard Piano Man. Hated that song. Now, in my 40s, I think I know what he was singing about… and I actually like it.

"Son can you play me a memory?
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes"

Life moves fast.

Oh ladadadada ladadadaaaa sing us a song you’re the piano man, sing us a sing tonighttt

ADVERTISEMENT