ADVERTISEMENT

We got a turkey yesterday.

West end Davenporters are always on the look out for free wildlife. How soon you forget!

5ca7c9cedeb69.image.jpg

Yeah, probably no catfish either...

Reactions: GOHOX69
I gotta admit, it's been almost 20 years now that I've been a member of this site. Seen a lot of crazy stuff through the years.

But seeing a poster post about a genuine live turkey he captured, put inside his vehicle, etc...and not only got pics of it but posted them here - just about top that list of craziness.

I mean, seriously, "pics of gtfo"...and we got pics. You sir, win the internet - and win HORT - for the day. And as your prize, I suggest getting Moral to create an avatar, for you - to celebrate such a worthy event.

Got a little nervous this morning when I couldn't find Sara and she didn't sleep in the make shift roost I built for her last night but I found her picking gravel out of the driveway this morning. I'm going to head to TSC over lunch and get her cracked corn/sunflower/meal worms.

20220929-084448.jpg

I don't think it's wild.
I've hunted wild turkeys many times and trust me I NEVER got that close or got them to get into my truck :>(
I've been chased by wild turkeys before. I told my wife that once, but she evidently didn't believe me as she got out of the car to take a picture of a gaggle. But she learned.

Reactions: seminole97
Forgot about this.

How's the turkey???????

@Whiskeydeltadeltatango
She's an ass, and shits alot, other than that she is pretty cool. She has her roost and she eats "scratch grains" I throw out for her in the driveway and drinks out of the dog bowl. She chases the cats and figured out she could pick on our puppy before we got him an electric fence and now he can chase her back. I can whistle at her and she responds and comes walking to me.

Don't get a bird, they are super messy. I'm fairly particular about my stuff and her shitting all over my driveway/hot tub area is no Bueno. One of these days I'm going to turn her into a club sandwich.

She's an ass, and shits alot, other than that she is pretty cool. She has her roost and she eats "scratch grains" I throw out for her in the driveway and drinks out of the dog bowl. She chases the cats and figured out she could pick on our puppy before we got him an electric fence and now he can chase her back. I can whistle at her and she responds and comes walking to me.

Don't get a bird, they are super messy. I'm fairly particular about my stuff and her shitting all over my driveway/hot tub area is no Bueno. One of these days I'm going to turn her into a club sandwich.

Turkey day is only a month away.... hope she's fattening up!

• Angry
Reactions: HawkMachine
Here are a couple of things: turkeys are very social animals and can become depressed if they don't socialize. You can tell if they are depressed because they will lose coloring in the head/neck. In addition to the dog that chases her around I also got her this shitty old mirror so she has a "friend". The other photos are her up in her roost.

20221026-172031.jpg

20221026-172108.jpg

20221026-172117.jpg

Reactions: torbee
Got a little nervous this morning when I couldn't find Sara and she didn't sleep in the make shift roost I built for her last night but I found her picking gravel out of the driveway this morning. I'm going to head to TSC over lunch and get her cracked corn/sunflower/meal worms.

20220929-084448.jpg
Crazy story here. This is the last known photo of that cat. It got hit by a car 2(ish) days after this.

RIP Gary.

ADVERTISEMENT