ADVERTISEMENT

We Hate Iowa (MN) vs Iowa

SchwartzUndGold

Team MVP
Nov 20, 2019
First I hope the euphoria of beating the Badgers has subsided and the team can move on to the Gophers.

The most recent common opponent was Northwestern. Minnesota won 31 to 3 and Iowa won 33 to 13. Iowa ran 65 plays to NW's 67. Iowa vs NW was 21 of 30 passing for 220 yards and ran 35 times for 178 yards or a total of 398 yards. NW was 23/30 passing for 159 yards and had 37 rushes for 18 yards or 177 yards of total offense.

By comparison NW was 15/32 passing for 206 yards and rushed for 72 yards on 22 carries for total yardage of 278. Minnesota was 7/13 passing for 64 yards and rushed 58 times for 302 yards or 366 yards of offense. The NW QB left the game because of injury and had a good completion % . After that 3 other QBs did nothing. Minnesota was playing a backup QB because Tanner Morgen was injured. Obviously Ibrahim was the Minnesota offense.

Minnesota's scoring defense is 14.22 while Iowa's 14.33 according to NCAA before Saturday's game. The big difference is Iowa drew Michigan and Ohio State and Minnesota drew Penn State in the east division. Minnesota has had the softer schedule up until now.

This game, as is normal, comes down to defense and corralling Ibrahim and the Iowa offense not screwing up. I haven't seen the odds but pretty much a pick'em.

Last edited:
First I hope the euphoria of beating the Badgers has subsided and the team can move on to the Gophers.

The most recent common opponent was Northwestern. Minnesota won 31 to 3 and Iowa won 33 to 13. Iowa ran 65 plays to NW's 67. Iowa vs NW was 21 of 30 passing for 220 yards and ran 35 times for 178 yards or a total of 398 yards. NW was 23/30 passing for 159 yards and had 37 rushes for 18 yards or 177 yards of total offense.

By comparison NW was 15/32 passing for 206 yards and rushed for 72 yards on 22 carries for total yardage of 278. Minnesota was 7/13 passing for 64 yards and rushed 58 times for 302 yards or 366 yards of offense. The NW QB left the game because of injury and had a good completion % . After that 3 other QBs did nothing. Minnesota was playing a backup QB because Tanner Morgen was injured. Obviously Ibrahim was the Minnesota offense.

Minnesota's scoring defense is 14.22 while Iowa's 14.33 according to NCAA before Saturday's game. The big difference is Iowa drew Michigan and Ohio State and Minnesota drew Penn State in the east division. Minnesota has had the softer schedule up until now.

This game as is normal this years comes down to defense and corralling Ibrahim and the Iowa offense not screwing up. I haven't seen the odds but pretty much a pick'em.
Exactly. You throw out the 2nd half against OSU and Iowa's defense is at a historically different place.....

As a Iowa native and six year Minnesota resident. I understand the hate for Iowa and Wisconsin. I still feel them spelling Minnesota and then repeating it 3 times aloud is a form of reminding themselves and others that hey this is Minnesota. And we are better than Wisconsin and iowa. Which is mostly true…. So eat a dick you Iowa residents. LOL

As a Iowa native and six year Minnesota resident. I understand the hate for Iowa and Wisconsin. I still feel them spelling Minnesota and then repeating it 3 times aloud is a form of reminding themselves and others that hey this is Minnesota. And we are better than Wisconsin and iowa. Which is mostly true…. So eat a dick you Iowa residents. LOL
Not sure if you are providing a Minnesota opinion or your own. I've lived in Iowa 19 years, Texas 14 & Minnesota for 8 years. I don't believe I'm better than anyone. Nor do I believe anyone should "eat a dick".

This game, as is normal, comes down to defense and corralling Ibrahim and the Iowa offense not screwing up. I haven't seen the odds but pretty much a pick'em.
What you said. When you throw in home field it is a pick-em.

This game has all the making of another awful snooze fest. Good news, with all the run plays, it should be over quickly. The lack of talent, especially at qb, in the Big 10 west, is embarrassing.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
This game has all the making of another awful snooze fest. Good news, with all the run plays, it should be over quickly. The lack of talent, especially at qb, in the Big 10 west, is embarrassing.
Well, chalk me up as that weird fan that thinks the most compelling part of college football is the defensive side of the ball. I don't find a defensive battle snooze worthy at all. You couldn't make me watch most B12, AAC or C-USA and certain Pac12 games. They're all essentially a track meet where the team with the last possession likely wins and the clock just expires. That's boring football to me.

So if Iowa State is the little brother… is Minnesota the weird cousin that surprises you every year they make it without going to prison?

So if Iowa State is the little brother… is Minnesota the weird cousin that surprises you every year they make it without going to prison?

christmas-vacation-eddie.gif

ADVERTISEMENT