ADVERTISEMENT

We have been spoiled

Think about the level of individual talent and performance we have seen on both the mens and womens side over the past 4 years!

2019 M. Gustafson National Player of the Year
2020 L. Garza Runner Up National Player of the Year (should have won)
2021 L. Garza National Player of the Year
2022 Caitlin Clark 1st Team All American/Final 2-3 players for NPOY award
2022 Keg. Murray 1st Team All American/Final 3-4 players for NPOY

Unbelievable.

Think about the level of individual talent and performance we have seen on both the mens and womens side over the past 4 years!

Unbelievable.
100%, now operation sweet 16 for the love of God!!

Unbelievable.
We'll be spoiled when we win 9 straight national championships in football and basketball.

Until then..........

We'll be spoiled when we win 9 straight national championships in football and basketball.

Until then..........
9 is such an odd number. Might as well make it 10.
Wrestling is on a whole other level of spoiled.
Their expectations are litetally title or bust. We are the Alabama of wrestling.
We are doing quite well in most sports at Iowa.

Unbelievable.
I'll throw in Spencer Lee for wrestling too the last few years. Without the injury would be going for his 4th NCAA title next weekend

Unbelievable.
Wait til Kris blows up!

Golden era of iowa sports- field hockey, wrestling,track, MBB, wbb, and baseball , gymnastics, soccer revived
Of all the sports, track has surprised me the most. To have a track team in the Midwest that competes with the coasts is saying something.

Say what you want about Barta, but our level of competitiveness across the board is something to be proud of as Hawk fans.

Golden era of iowa sports- field hockey, wrestling,track, MBB, wbb, and baseball , gymnastics, soccer revived
You must be wrong. A month ago every third post was to fire just about ever other coach and Barta.
Those trolls have been quiet lately but will pick up again as soon as these teams are knocked out of their big dances...

Most thought I was crazy when I said I wanted 25 wins, when most were predicting 20 or less. Now I will be disappointed with 25. No I am not counting chickens against IU.. It will be a war in a hostile environment.
After the first couple of rounds. All the games I've seen so far tells me the B1G tourney is Iowa's for the taking. I think we will be surprised Sunday afternoon how easily Iowa rolled through this B1G tourney. I'll say it right now...today's game is the closest it will be. This team is on fire at the perfect time of the year.

How in the actual F is that kid from Wiscy the B1G player of the year over Keegan? What did I miss?
You didn't miss anything. Iowa has had the POY two straight years. Wisconsin lucked into a shared title. That was enough for most voters to go with the Badger boy, but I'd take Keegan over that kid in every aspect of the game. Mainly because Keegan is a helluva lot better than the fella from Madison.

But as I've mentioned in other posts, when it comes to awards--in sports and any other field--you might do well to remember this: In 2007, Todd Lickliter was named National Coach of the Year.

How in the actual F is that kid from Wiscy the B1G player of the year over Keegan? What did I miss?
Unfortunately Wisconsin won( tied) B1G regular season title and he was far and away their best player. You might bring up Luka ,but he likely could have won it the year before, so he had lots of publicity from that to carry over. Yes you need the numbers but it’s also a popularity contest. Keegan will be more coveted in NBA draft I suspect or then I missed something

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
ADVERTISEMENT