ADVERTISEMENT

We might be getting some Bison Bridge news this week!

I've answered your questions and you won't answer mine or give any evidence to support your asinine take. It's obvious your completely ignorant on the matter. No reason to engage with your idiocy on this topic any longer.
You have done no such thing. Yes or no.

How about something easier for you- I’ve given examples showing that it’s very similar to a zoo. Please provide an example of another “habitat restoration of endangered species” project that includes permanently in wild animals in an urban environment.

If we don't have to pay to tear down a massive bridge at taxpayer expense, this should be an idea that everyone should get behind. When I was on school board, it cost a lot to tear down two small elementary schools. I can't imagine what the cost would end up tearing down a bridge that long.
What about the bridge upkeep, and who pays for that? It was shut down for a reason, correct? How long will it hold all that extra weight?

I'm all in. I"ll volunteer once per month and drive 3 hours down to QC, stay at Torbs, eat his edibles, clean up some bison shit, and make one with the world.
Hey Jimmy, c'mon down and show your support in person! I'll buy you a large Billy Burner from Uncle Bills and a six pack of Wake Brewing beers.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
What about the bridge upkeep, and who pays for that? It was shut down for a reason, correct? How long will it hold all that extra weight?
It's not shut down, it is functioning but is being replaced. That bridge is often down to one lane with lines of semis crawling over it (I-80 is one of the busiest transnational highways in the U.S.). It's new use will never have that type of weight on it.

Reactions: RileyHawk
It's not shut down, it is functioning but is being replaced. That bridge is often down to one lane with lines of semis crawling over it (I-80 is one of the busiest transnational highways in the U.S.). It's new use will never have that type of weight on it.
So, OPs mom won’t be on it?

The city of Hills, ( ha,ha 800 people ) just landed a 50K grant to build a songbird sanctuary on a vacant lot on main street across from the Hills Bank. Streets on two sides, concrete on the third and low income apartment on the fourth side. Coincidentally this property is a long block away from the abandoned stockyards, which has been identified as home to dozens of feral cats. Cat people wanted to neuter and release them back for 65.00 each. The city said no. Cletus volunteered to shoot the cats but the city said no as well....

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
The city of Hills, ( ha,ha 800 people ) just landed a 50K grant to build a songbird sanctuary on a vacant lot on main street across from the Hills Bank. Streets on two sides, concrete on the third and low income apartment on the fourth side. Coincidentally this property is a long block away from the abandoned stockyards, which has been identified as home to dozens of feral cats. Cat people wanted to neuter and release them back for 65.00 each. The city said no. Cletus volunteered to shoot the cats but the city said no as well....

You are telling us they got a $50,000 grant for a feral cat feeding grounds?

Its too bad energies cant be focused on getting Iowa a National Park instead of a gimmick thing like this.
There was actually some work going at making some of the Driftless area a national park.

The problem is, there just isn't much non-privately owned, public land in this part of the country.

Reactions: billanole
There was actually some work going at making some of the Driftless area a national park.

The problem is, there just isn't much non-privately owned, public land in this part of the country.

Yeah. Jasper County should buy land around Neal Smith and make that into a tallgrass prairie National Park. It would be worth millions a year to them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT