ADVERTISEMENT

We need a coach this week!

Jun 4, 2013
Some major showcases in the Midwest next two weeks. What is taking so long? I am starting to think our new coach is still in NCAA tournament.

Originally posted by eyesonahawk:

Some major showcases in the Midwest next two weeks. What is taking so long? I am starting to think our new coach is still in NCAA tournament.
I wouldn't expect a coach to be named this week. Kendall Rogers tweeted late last week there had been no interviews yet, leading me to believe the candidates participated in the NCAA Tournament.

Originally posted by eyesonahawk:

Seeing that interviews start next week(Monday, June 17), don't expect anything to move fast. This is the normal process for the University. They put together a search committee, go through the proper HR channels to advertise for the position, collect initial interest, narrow the candidate pool down to a group of 3-5 for interviews, and go from there. Then if you have a situation like they did during the volleyball coach search a few years back where the entire list of interview candidates turned dow the job offer, you go through the entire process all over. A coach will not be in place within the next two weeks and frankly missing major showcases in the Midwest over that time period is a concern that is so far down the list of concerns with the baseball program that it doesn't even make the list.

The fact that we have inferior facilities to many programs in Division II and that there will fundamentally not be any improvements made to those faciltiies for at least 7-10 years is a concern far higher on the list.

ADVERTISEMENT