ADVERTISEMENT

We need a complete uniform makeover

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Have you guys been watching Iowa baseball lately? They have so many cool uniform combinations its unreal. See examples at the end of this thread.

Iowa men's basketball?

* First off, look at our black jersey top (see image below). The "O" is filled in with white; I always thought that looked cheap. .

* And there are weird arrows pointing up and down along the side. Those arrows look like a desperate attempt to be creative.

Iowa baseball?

* You will see "IOWA" in cursive; sometimes it is block lettering, but with different fonts!!!

* There are cool logo's on the sleeves; on one side is the Tigerhawk; on the other is Herky standing, up to bat.

* The letters (see images below) on the black jersey are not cheaply filled in with white.

* There is simple classic striping down the sides of the uniform. No desperate looks on this uniform at all.

How does a non revenue sport (baseball) completely out style (in terms of uniforms) a revenue sport like men's basketball?

Here are some examples of the classic look of the baseball uniform. No weird arrows; just simple black and gold striping. And note: the "A," or any letter for that matter, is never cheaply filled in with white (or any color).

CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR A LARGER VIEW

Db1syr3UQAAkr4D.jpg

DbuvsyWVMAA7Xyx.jpg

Dbrm_i7V4AA0-Aq.jpg

DbpDEjUV0AEqzaL.jpg

DbZ1pGoV0AArGFM.jpg

Last edited:
I believe they changed it after the Woodbury, Gesell class. I think they vote as a team.

I believe they changed it after the Woodbury, Gesell class. I think they vote as a team.
That is to say, they could only vote on the least-bad option that was given to them. Somehow I doubt they would have said, "I dunno, I think our unis need more side arrows!"

Have you guys been watching Iowa baseball lately? They have so many cool uniform combinations its unreal. See examples at the end of this thread.

Iowa men's basketball?

* First off, look at our black jersey top (see image below). The "O" is filled in with white; I always thought that looked cheap. .

* And there are weird arrows pointing up and down along the side. Those arrows look like a desperate attempt to be creative.

Iowa baseball?

* You will see "IOWA" in cursive; sometimes it is block lettering, but with different fonts!!!

* There are cool logo's on the sleeves; on one side is the Tigerhawk; on the other is Herky standing, up to bat.

* The letters (see images below) on the black jersey are not cheaply filled in with white.

* There is simple classic striping down the sides of the uniform. No desperate looks on this uniform at all.

How does a non revenue sport (baseball) completely out style (in terms of uniforms) a revenue sport like men's basketball?

Here are some examples of the classic look of the baseball uniform. No weird arrows; just simple black and gold striping. And note: the "A," or any letter for that matter, is never cheaply filled in with white (or any color).

CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR A LARGER VIEW

Db1syr3UQAAkr4D.jpg

DbuvsyWVMAA7Xyx.jpg

Dbrm_i7V4AA0-Aq.jpg

DbpDEjUV0AEqzaL.jpg

DbZ1pGoV0AArGFM.jpg
In all honesty Franman, I don't care if they show up in practice unis with plain black shorts and yellow pini's as long as I don't see the kind of unispired basketball that we witnessed for a good portion of last season. Hell year before last when Michigan's plane went off the runway they went out and played in their practice gear and got to the finals. Just WIN BABY! And it starts with learning to value the game on the defensive end.

Reactions: goodbyebobby
I only focus on the team and coach's in game performance. I couldn't care if they play in plain white t's and black shorts. Unfortunately their play indicates they should be playing in pink.

We need two alternates for each color - white, black and gold. And we should utilize these fonts:

UIH3356CRBK-2T.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

There's one other font I like where the letters are all connected (not cursive), but I can never find it on an image search.

Reactions: tigerhawkfan2
I only focus on the team and coach's in game performance. I couldn't care if they play in plain white t's and black shorts. Unfortunately their play indicates they should be playing in pink.
Do you think the kids that play at Iowa feel the same

Because I always preferred playing in uniforms I felt looked good. Not saying they like or dislike their current uniforms , as I have no idea
But the current uniforms are abysmal

No, we should never ever use the IOIVA font. Go simple, but cool, would be best. Google Michigan’s Fab Five era uniforms, but picture those bleach and gold with our official font that football uses, plus that trendy textured pattern everyone puts on the back now. Oh, and not as baggy as the actual fab five ones

Or similar to the Lakers version of NBA City uni
https://news.nike.com/news/nike-nba-city-edition-uniform

Or modern take on these from 1970 or 79
https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-...-1969-70-six-pack-big-ten-championship-update

https://www.talktometechnologies.com/blogs/buzz/kennyarnold

Speaking of 79, this season will mark 40 years since last b10 reg season title. Recognize #23 on that team?

Last edited:
Boys, boys, boys, we could have the greatest looking uniforms ever but we would still have a shitty performing team at this time.
I've never said or heard anyone say after a game of any kind : " man we played terribly but boy did those uniforms look great" .

Reactions: goodbyebobby
If they could recruit a big-time PG and he wanted to wear Hickory's unis, I would say go for it.

Boys, boys, boys, we could have the greatest looking uniforms ever but we would still have a shitty performing team at this time.
I've never said or heard anyone say after a game of any kind : " man we played terribly but boy did those uniforms look great" .
If OSU would have curb stomped us in football this season, I would have said this

Reactions: Stephen Hawk King
I think it was the late '90s that had the best-formatted block style lettering and jersey combo.

Just take that, modernize it, get Dean Oliver and Luke Recker to play for us, and we'll be playing for national championships in no time....

Reactions: TRHawkeye145

I hear you but all season I was saying this:

* Our defense is awful

* Our black uniforms with the "O" filled in with white are awful

I wonder what the average age is of those who are concerned with the style of the uniforms ? I'll set the age over/under at 19, +- 3 .

Take those god awful gray seats out of Carver, and replace them with more comfortable black ones.

Those jerseys are all fine. Just some slight updates or tweaking.

Two major problems with the shorts. First, make them longer. Second, that stripe on the pic of BJ was and still is horrid. That would need to go.

What color are they?
Some shade of beige. Sorta. We couldn’t afford the box of 64 crayons when I wasn’t a kid so I don’t know the exact word for that color.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT