ADVERTISEMENT

We need everyone to come back next year

Get Garza and Bohannon back definitely top 10-15 at worst I would think with top 5 not out of the question. I was a wrestler though so what do I know :)

Well, college basketball is so hard to predict because of all the 1 and done guys and then the future 1 and done guys that start playing.

Well, college basketball is so hard to predict because of all the 1 and done guys and then the future 1 and done guys that start playing.
Yep. Always a few teams that come out of nowhere too. Can’t say I’m a fan of the 1 and done rule but it is what it is.

I think the thing with this team compared to recent teams over the last 20 plus years is that they won't rely on just one guy.....or a hot streak to get them into the top 15. If everyone returns and is healthy, this is a consistent, week in and week out...top 15 program.

Next year's team, on paper, could be very special.

Who knows where they'd be given how much the teams that get superstar one year guys can change from season to season. But, there's an awful lot to like if you add back a healthy Bohannon to this bunch. Nunge will need to return and at least fill the role that RK is providing this season. Hopefully the new big coming in will be ready to give some supporting minutes as well.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
This Team can compete for a B1G title next year if Garza returns. If he leaves early, then the Inside-Outside game disappears. I doubt Nunge is going to develop a great low post game.

I'd hire Garza's dad as assistant coach and setup some type of long-term fertility clinic. .
It would be nice if Nunge would be as good as in inside-outside player like Kriener. Kriener is having his best season yet and we will miss his production after this season is over. Nunge needs to come back and play with a lot more confidence and determination. If Luka's father could help in some sort of capacity he could be brought aboard to work in developing bigs!

If everyone comes back, the team will be more talented than the final four team. Not saying we get the same result but the team would be 10 or more deep with agreat center and many great shooters. How would teams defend that?

Garzas dad should be hired as an off season big man consultant. I have been less than impressed with Nunge and doubt he can ever be the player that Kreiner is.

If everyone comes back, the team will be more talented than the final four team. Not saying we get the same result but the team would be 10 or more deep with agreat center and many great shooters. How would teams defend that?

My opinion is that this years team is the most talented since the 1986-87 team.

My opinion is that this years team is the most talented since the 1986-87 team.

You think the final four team was more talented? Cant argue it if you think differently. Actually i think 86-87 team was more talented than the final four team too.

The final four team had Lester and a lot of magic to get there

Reactions: cleotishaywood
Isn't that the team that was ranked 1st for short while. That team was stacked.. If we can reach a #1 ranking.I'll agree.

yes they were ranked 1st preseason. I think that was the year they started 17-0 before losing to a stacked Illinois team, but not sure.

I still have a sport mag with BJ on cover and a number 1 foam hand

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
It would be nice if Nunge would be as good as in inside-outside player like Kriener. Kriener is having his best season yet and we will miss his production after this season is over. Nunge needs to come back and play with a lot more confidence and determination. If Luka's father could help in some sort of capacity he could be brought aboard to work in developing bigs!
I told my nephew we need to bring on Mr Garza as an assistant and wasn't really kidding

yes they were ranked 1st preseason. I think that was the year they started 17-0 before losing to a stacked Illinois team, but not sure.

I thought it was Dennis Hopsons OSU team but not sure

Edit: yeah OSU and weren't ranked 1 til January. Bten was absolutely loaded back then

2010 was a great season but it was minus Shonn Greene who left a year early. 2016 maybe.
2010 was a great season? What the hell are you talking about? Shonn Greene left after 08. Clayborn came back in 10 when he was projected first rounder. You should try Google if memory is that bad....it's a neat thing

Last edited:
Garzas dad should be hired as an off season big man consultant. I have been less than impressed with Nunge and doubt he can ever be the player that Kreiner is.

You’re comparing Junior/Senior RK to Freshman/and barely played Sophomore JN. Go back and watch RK during his first two years and look at his advanced stats.

Reactions: EBL#7
You’re comparing Junior/Senior RK to Freshman/and barely played Sophomore JN. Go back and watch RK during his first two years and look at his advanced stats.
This would be Nunge Jr year had he not redshirted..he looked as lost in his short time as he did as a FR.. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't know if Garza's talents transfer to the NBA at this time but I don't think Wiezze's do. If they want to play in Europe,G league or just try and make a roster I guess they could jump.I'm no expert and just my opinion.

Basketball is different than football. :) Having established that fact, I think it's possible, maybe even probable, that Luka and JW return next season. JW could use it, and Luka could be in line for all kinds of great things as a senior, including leading the Hawkeyes back to the Final Four.

The likelihood of a career-ending injury isn't there like it is in football. Adding JBo and the others to this group would make for a tremendous opportunity to win a rare Big Ten title and take center stage across the country.

I'm not waving good-bye to any underclassmen until they actually say they're leaving.

And as someone who has often wondered about Fran, give the man credit. He has brought in under-the-radar guys and put together one talented, hard-working, gritty bunch of Hawkeyes. And next year should be even better.

Pemsl too? Team player, but hopefully playing another year wont further hurt him physically in the future

QUOTE="General Tso, post: 7301347, member: 6146"]A solid year this year and a stellar year next year could really propel the program. Someone give Garza a Humvee[/QUOTE]

My bad but being off 1 year really triggered you which was fun to see.
Triggered? Weak, dude. Its fine that you don't know jack about Iowa sports, just don't pretend like you do. It's fake news

Iowa was not pre-season #1 the season they started 18-0 and got to #1. 86-87.

88-89 was the Sporting News preseason #1 team. Had Marble, Armstrong, Horton and then had strong recruiting class including xfr eligible Matt Bullard and Michael Ingram. Now had Matt and Michael not blown their knees out and Thompson and Garner not have some academic issues who knows what might have been.

ADVERTISEMENT