ADVERTISEMENT

We need millions more of people like this

I'm a big time alcoholic. I've never been a racist piece of shit. Just sayin
Again, not the point. Point is glorified cabbies trying to turn themselves into a hero for antagonizing drunk people.

Defending wasn’t my intention. Simply bringing up the fact that we all do stupid shit when we’re drunk, and rely on Uber. The loser driver posting the video is not a hero. I bet everyone who has drank heavily before has done something that could end up being used to cancel them by the mob. I already condemned their comments.
The driver isn't a hero. He's what everyone should be, all the time: willing to immediately and directly call out racist fvcks.

I've been well beyond drunk many, many times and it never made me racist. Happy and goofy and maybe telling everyone I love them, sure, but not racist.

The driver isn't a hero. He's what everyone should be, all the time: willing to immediately and directly call out racist fvcks.

I've been well beyond drunk many, many times and it never made me racist. Happy and goofy and maybe telling everyone I love them, sure, but not racist.
Sure. And that’s something I stand up to if I see it. I also don’t record it and then post it online along with info of who said it. This kind of shit is like playing with fire.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Sure. And that’s something I stand up to if I see it. I also don’t record it and then post it online along with info of who said it. This kind of shit is like playing with fire.
I differentiate this from someone doxxing a female gamer, or secretly recording and then posting a video of someone picking their nose or something. If these people own a local business, I think knowing/seeing this about them is important informarion for people to consider when deciding if they want to visit their business.

In this case they were very willing to let that side of themselves be seen, so they shouldn't be upset that it was.

I get what you're saying about everyone wanting to be an insta-fame-whore, but I don't get the impression that was this guy's primary motivation.

I differentiate this from someone doxxing a female gamer, or secretly recording and then posting a video of someone picking their nose or something. If these people own a local business, I think knowing/seeing this about them is important informarion for people to consider when deciding if they want to visit their business.

In this case they were very willing to let that side of themselves be seen, so they shouldn't be upset that it was.

I get what you're saying about everyone wanting to be an insta-fame-whore, but I don't get the impression that was this guy's primary motivation.
And like I said, I get the reasoning for seeking some form of justice through public outrage. I just think it’s an incredibly dangerous thing to promote.

It turns into a contest to see who’s the most righteous. You could easily bait someone into making a dumbass comment (not necessarily race related), edit the video to only include their response, then send internet freaks after them.

Did he? He moved on? How’s the video spread around the internet now? Good Lord. They’re probably shit faced in the video. Help us all if our drunk nonsense makes its way around the intent. A bit dare I day… ironic 😉
I'm just glad that intoxicated people choose to use ride services instead of getting behind the wheel. You see some people make that mistake over and over and over.

And like I said, I get the reasoning for seeking some form of justice through public outrage. I just think it’s an incredibly dangerous thing to promote.

It turns into a contest to see who’s the most righteous. You could easily bait someone into making a dumbass comment (not necessarily race related), edit the video to only include their response, then send internet freaks after them.
I certainly agree that "anything that can be used, can be abused", but I also think we can draw a line beyond which it's okay, and that often space could include business owners that, unprompted, drop the "n" word and other racist commentary.

My own personal line would also include people openly making fun of the physically and mentally challenged.

But not making fun of gingers. And the Danish. Those should be fair game.

I certainly agree that "anything that can be used, can be abused", but I also think we can draw a line beyond which it's okay, and that often space could include business owners that, unprompted, drop the "n" word and other racist commentary.

My own personal line would also include people openly making fun of the physically and mentally challenged.

But not making fun of gingers. And the Danish. Those should be fair game.
You really trust people to properly draw the line? I don’t. It is what it is and I don’t agree with silencing things like this (and that won’t happen) so I guess we’ll just see what happens.

IMO, eventually they’ll start outraging themselves when they run out of issues and it’ll eat itself. Similar to the trans issue where they’ve hit a wall by encroaching on one victim group (women) with biological males. Circular process that no longer is based in reality or reasoning.

I commend the driver for staying in the car. Even though he was heated, and had every right to be, he was wise by not engaging those morons physically. Nothing good could have come from that. Racism is utter crap. And so is being physically threatened. He dealt with both perfectly.

You haven't condemned them, you've only said they made inappropriate comments. And then called the driver a loser.

He's too busy defending racists.

And claiming how they are the victims for someone publicly pointing out their racism.

Reactions: Torg
He's too busy defending racists.

And claiming how they are the victims for someone publicly pointing out their racism.
Judge, jury, and executioner by twitter coming to a person near you. Careful what you wish for. Simply pointing out that this is dangerous.

First of all, racism is wrong (obviously) and I like his original response to tell them to get out. I’m just amazed how anecdotal the world has become, due to instant video and Twitter. I question whether reality gets skewed and whether that’s a good thing. Literally, there are billions or trillions of events occurring daily, so someone out there can always find an event to confirm a worldview and make it political, not this guy necessarily. Personally, I’ve seen or met maybe two overtly racist people my entire life. I know other people’s experiences are different and not to say it’s not a problem but I question whether reality becomes skewed. I always thought things were getting slowly better regarding racism for the last say 60 years or so.

Last edited:
First of all, racism is wrong (obviously) and I like his original response to tell them to get out. I’m just amazed how sort of anecdotal the world has become, due to instant video and Twitter. I question whether reality gets skewed and whether that’s a good thing. Literally, there are billions or trillions of events occurring daily, so someone out there can always find an event to confirm a worldview and make it political, not this guy necessarily. Personally, I’ve seen or met maybe two people my entire life that were overtly racist. I know other people’s experiences are different and not to say it’s not a problem but I question whether reality becomes skewed. I always thought things were getting slowly better regarding racism for the last say 60 years or so.
Obama became President and the White Supremacists are enraged

ADVERTISEMENT