ADVERTISEMENT

We Rank 115th.....

kcgolfer

HR Legend
Sep 23, 2003
out of 129 teams in total offense in FBS football! I knew it was bad but this is beyond ridiculous.

The time for excuses is over. This is totally unacceptable. Kirk's experiment with Brian is a miserable failure. No other way to say it. Where is the accountability?

We can laugh and make fun of Nebraska but at least, they are trying to get better.

One of two things will happen with Brian. 1) he will get it figured out Withen the next couple years and we will be in good shape moving forward. Or 2) he will continue at the level we are currently at and Gary will have no option but to fire him. If this happens it will be the start of the end for the Ferentz regime. Win win for the fans really. As mentioned in another thread. You cannot perform worse than your predecessor, in a performance orientated job, and expect to keep your job. FWIW, I don't think Brian is going to sleep alot this off season and will get it figured out.

One of two things will happen with Brian. 1) he will get it figured out Withen the next couple years and we will be in good shape moving forward. Or 2) he will continue at the level we are currently at and Gary will have no option but to fire him. If this happens it will be the start of the end for the Ferentz regime. Win win for the fans really. As mentioned in another thread. You cannot perform worse than your predecessor, in a performance orientated job, and expect to keep your job. FWIW, I don't think Brian is going to sleep alot this off season and will get it figured out.
I hope you are right but I'm afraid this is more than growing pains.

Let's go back to KOK years as OC. We consistently ranked in the bottom half to bottom third in FBS total offense. Exit KOK and enter GD. We were statistically worse than KOK years. Exit GD and enter BF. We are at a new low in offensive rankings. I do not like the trend.

In the last decade our Hawkeye defense usually ranks
among the top 30 or 40. This has allowed Iowa to
have a lousy stat for its offense. So we have a 7 or
8 win season in a normal year. For some reason we
have not recruited any difference makers at the
receiver positions.

out of 129 teams in total offense in FBS football! I knew it was bad but this is beyond ridiculous.

The time for excuses is over. This is totally unacceptable. Kirk's experiment with Brian is a miserable failure. No other way to say it. Where is the accountability?

We can laugh and make fun of Nebraska but at least, they are trying to get better.

LOL...ranked #20 in CFP last week.....yep, fire coach.

U blow hards need to get outta mom and dads basement, and growtf up.

Y, cause trying to get better means fire your coach...unreal how factless and moronic some posts on here can be...ask NE, TN, FL...and others how thats going?

...also did u notice MI, FSU, UNC, FL, KST, TN and others r down there on the list?

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Bottom line... there is absolutely no reason that our offense can't be more effective year in year out. It's absolutely not fair to our defense to have to save this team 80% of the time. I get we have a certain football philosophy, but so does WI and MSU and their offenses typically aren't something for the defense to overcome. It's like giving a pitcher one run a game and expecting him to throw a shutout every time.

LOL...ranked #20 in CFP last week.....yep, fire coach.

U blow hards need to get outta mom and dads basement, and growtf up.
So you are ok with a horrific offense as long as Iowa can win one important game a year? There won't be many Ohio States that get beat by an offense like ours. If you are satisfied with being ranked 115th on offense, then it is people like you who are the problem.

So you are ok with a horrific offense as long as Iowa can win one important game a year? There won't be many Ohio States that get beat by an offense like ours. If you are satisfied with being ranked 115th on offense, then it is people like you who are the problem.
He's busy right now sitting in the back of the trailer rubbin one out.

KF is the OC so quit wasting your time complaining cause GB isn't going to do a thing to force him to do anything different. In GB's eyes, 7-5 is a successful season.

Therein lies your problem, we have an AD that won't force anything to happen except let KF run the ship his way. And that ship is headed for an iceberg with BF taking over as HBC in four to five years regardless of how well he does as OC.

Might as well find something else to bitch about in your life because nothing will change with the way Iowa Football is currently being run.

Reactions: DewHawk
In the last decade our Hawkeye defense usually ranks
among the top 30 or 40. This has allowed Iowa to
have a lousy stat for its offense. So we have a 7 or
8 win season in a normal year. For some reason we
have not recruited any difference makers at the
receiver positions.

The reason Iowa does not get difference makers
on offense is that nobody who is an offensive threat
wants to play for an offense that is always rated in
the bottom third of offenses.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
This schedule was way tougher than last 6-7 years and bf is in his 1st year with very little talent at wide receiver position. Unfortunately that position looks pretty anemic going forward. His play calling is more dynamic than we have seen recently. Guarantee you hawks would never clobber osu like that in last 10 years. I still think he has a good shot at being good.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
The reason Iowa does not get difference makers
on offense is that nobody who is an offensive threat
wants to play for an offense that is always rated in
the bottom third of offenses.

I think someone in the weekly presser should ask KF how he plans to fix the offensive performance going forward (go ahead and bring up the current ranking). I for one do NOT think it has anything to do with the receivers, TE, linemen, backs, QB, etc......they have plenty of talent not to finish this low. The scheme and game planning are pretty inconsistent. It's a good, solid and valid question to be asked.

This schedule was way tougher than last 6-7 years and bf is in his 1st year with very little talent at wide receiver position. Unfortunately that position looks pretty anemic going forward. His play calling is more dynamic than we have seen recently. Guarantee you hawks would never clobber osu like that in last 10 years. I still think he has a good shot at being good.

Brian is the OC now and his wide receiver recruiting isn't anywhere close to where it needs to be. I say go hire the dude in Lincoln that gets four star talent to that place once that coaching regime is fired on 11/24 at 7:30 pm.

I don't think Brian is the blame. I don't know, you have young players at key positions, is that still an excuse? I don't know. The biggest problem this season with the offense has been execution, not so much with the play calling. I do think that Brian tried to run to much the first few ballgames when teams were stacking the box, but that was probably because of Nate's youth and wanting to bring him along at a certain pace. However, when he showed success, I think they should have passed more to set up the run, like the tOSU game. The way they played against UW, I don't think it mattered what plays Brian called, nothing was going to work. Execution? Great UW D? Both.........I don't think we can truly judge Brian as an OC from one season, especially with a young 1st year QB and two freshman tackles, a freshman WR ect. That should be reserved for the next two seasons as the youth grow. Now, if they play games like UW this pathetic and are severely up and down next year, then yeah, sharp critizcism is in order. But no play is going to work if the team doesn't execute it.

No, im smart enough to know when u have a 1st yr QB and 2 first Yr tackles, along w a Young WR core u most likely will be seeing 8+ in the box and thus struggle a bit.
But im also smart enough to know KF realizes this and isnt going to ruin their confidence for future years by making them try to do things they r not ready for, AND, i know the future is bright because we have some great young talent. Carry on blow hard....

No, im smart enough to know when u have a 1st yr QB and 2 first Yr tackles, along w a Young WR core u most likely will be seeing 8+ in the box and thus struggle a bit.
But im also smart enough to know KF realizes this and isnt going to ruin their confidence for future years by making them try to do things they r not ready for, AND, i know the future is bright because we have some great young talent. Carry on blow hard....
so if we go single back and four wide, we are seeing 8+ in the box? We should have some uncovered receivers then but we're not throwing to them? I'm confused.

Reactions: iahawks10

If realizes this EVERY year. It is why nothing ever changes or gets better. Let the damn kids play.

Look. Plain and simple, Kirk deserves some criticism for that shit show last weekend. What is wrong with us airing those grievances on this board. Don’t like it, get lost.

Bottom line... there is absolutely no reason that our offense can't be more effective year in year out. It's absolutely not fair to our defense to have to save this team 80% of the time. I get we have a certain football philosophy, but so does WI and MSU and their offenses typically aren't something for the defense to overcome. It's like giving a pitcher one run a game and expecting him to throw a shutout every time.
I think the defensive players should get 80% of the scholarship money and the offensive players should get 20%. That's what is fair. For 19 years the defense has kept the ship afloat.

Get a clue...
Just keep repeating the same tired rhetoric when you have very little idea what it means or when it happens. I've explained it to you numerous times, but you are apparently incapable of rational thought. You are truly a Legend....for all the wrong reasons. I look forward to your next post with great anticipation.

Brian is the OC now and his wide receiver recruiting isn't anywhere close to where it needs to be. I say go hire the dude in Lincoln that gets four star talent to that place once that coaching regime is fired on 11/24 at 7:30 pm.

Good idea, bad example. I do think the "special teams guru" needs to be shown the door and a full time recruiter needs to be brought In. We have had decent enough Special teams in the past without an extra coach. Getting a higher level athlete in the system would help all coaches.

One thing that does not appear to have been discussed is Stanley progressing the Offense himself. If that guy turns into a film room rat and can pick apart defenses pre-snap next year we will be much improved. I also think there is alot said for the young wr' s increasing hand strength and reducing drops.

If realizes this EVERY year. It is why nothing ever changes or gets better. Let the damn kids play.

Look. Plain and simple, Kirk deserves some criticism for that shit show last weekend. What is wrong with us airing those grievances on this board. Don’t like it, get lost.

I agree the staff should take a little heat for it...but morons who want him fired have no clue what it takes to be as successful as he has been w this program, its pretty amazing considering all the obstacles and what is taking place in programs with alot more history on their side.

Just keep repeating the same tired rhetoric when you have very little idea what it means or when it happens. I've explained it to you numerous times, but you are apparently incapable of rational thought. You are truly a Legend....for all the wrong reasons. I look forward to your next post with great anticipation.

Ive explained several times that we r struggling and inconsistent due to a 1st yr QB, and 2 Frosh tackles due to injuries, as well as the tougest schedule weve seen in a while.

If u think there is some special playbook out there that would change that, well then, u r clueless, incompetent, and without any playing, coaching, or even cheerleading experience of what it takes at the D1 level to compete.

Now if ud like, we can do the whole ill show u mine if u show me yours....but im pretty certain u would lose, again.

Get back to something youre good at, like Madden.

Insert 1 of 4 excuses:
1) lack of execution
2) injuries
3) poor recruiting
4) new coordinator

Then remember that one man is getting paid to be responsible for all of this. Wisconsin has shown that you don’t have to be in a powerhouse recruiting state to be consistently very good.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
I will admit I don't follow the Oline like some of you but are the 2 starting tackles like 3 on depth chart I didn't realize so many of the backups were injured.If that's the case it all makes sense to me.

Reactions: LegendKF
ADVERTISEMENT