ADVERTISEMENT

We should impose these requirements for presidential candidates

CarolinaHawkeye

HR Legend
Feb 5, 2003
Iowa
37360755_677946919256764_2780645411788947456_n.jpg

Don’t see point about tax returns.

Did Obama release everything associated with his birth?

Security clearance and being able to pass a comprehensive government knowledge test should be an absolute minimum.

That would be the trouble with a psychological evaluation. It can be somewhat subjective right?
I don't think a pyschological test would be doable. But tax returns are absolutely impartial. Security clearance is impartial. And while a government knowledge test can be subjective, we still require every new citizen to pass one, so that is fair game.

The IRS, just have them automatically released for anyone filing to run for office.

They're currently trying to track me down. They've reviewed my tax return and if I don't send some Wal Mart gift cards in the mail I'm probably going to prison. You think $200 in WM gift cards is enough?

Reactions: Chuck C and IACub
The 20 years of tax returns seems a bit excessive and who keeps 20 years of tax returns anyway? All the rest seems fair.

20 years is way too much. IRS only requires you to keep 7, so what's the point? Psych eval is also pretty dicey.

Hmmm... so Trump, who is the ultimate authority on who does or does not get a security clearance, could simply refuse to give one to any challenging candidate.

You guys don't look too far ahead, do you?

Hmmm... so Trump, who is the ultimate authority on who does or does not get a security clearance, could simply refuse to give one to any challenging candidate.

You guys don't look too far ahead, do you?

This is really the only way you can defend Trump anymore, isn't it? You look for loopholes and typos and grammatical errors because it's all you have.

IRS will provide transcripts for 3 years, and hard copies of the actual return for at least 6 years. But I can't believe they don't have 20+ years scanned somewhere, even going back to microfiche.
Yeah, I think they can go back a long way if they suspect fraud

Under these rules, Trump would have never been allowed to become President in the first place.

It's a tradition on here for right wingers to not to look too far ahead.

For the other right winger who questioned Obama's birth, I didn't realize there were still people out there that weren't aware that you either have a birth certificate or you don't. If as he suggests there may be more proof needed, then it looks like I'm screwed too.

I don't understand what you are trying to say..

President Smith is running for re-election. Candidate Jones appears to be a strong candidate. When Jones applies for a security clearance, President Smith ensures that the clearance is denied. Jones is now ineligible to run against Smith.

It could be any president who wanted to use the security apparatus to get rid of a challenger.
I don't know if you get this, but you just admitted that this new rule would backfire because Trump would use it to prevent anyone else from becoming President.

To me, this shows that you really do understand what kind of man Trump is. Your natural instinct is to assume that Trump would undo the Constitutional limits to declare himself ruler for life. Nobody else brought up this point. It is where your mind naturally drifted. That Trump would effectively use the rule to become a dictator.

I guess, at this point, I am left wondering why you continue to support Trump when this is your assumption of how he works?

President Smith is running for re-election. Candidate Jones appears to be a strong candidate. When Jones applies for a security clearance, President Smith ensures that the clearance is denied. Jones is now ineligible to run against Smith.
Exactly. Your argument is that Trump would stop our election process in its tracks. That he would literally prevent anyone from challenging him so that elections are not allowed to take place at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT