ADVERTISEMENT

We Will Rock You: Spencer Lee

JonesHawk125

HR All-State
Dec 9, 2011
Saw this on the Twitter (retweeted by Coach M*)

"PSA: If you’re attending the Iowa-Okie State wrestling meet today, it sounds like lots of Hawk fans will be stomping and clapping to “We Will Rock You” when Spencer comes out. Sounds like the beginning of a cool tradition! #GoHawks"

Last edited:
No offense, but it reminds me of the thread where a poster attempts to shame fans for not wearing the correct color to the dual today.

If you don't wear black to the meet today today you're a special kind of db.

I heard another song under consideration for the Spencer Lee thing was "When the Going Gets Tough" by Billy Ocean.

Reactions: Dagboi
This is great, college sports are so much about emotion... this should help with that

Reactions: HKI
That would be corny AF... Cringeworthy.
More like...

366ca9c76a7d4997e60d23be0df8a53e.jpg

Reactions: WDuck5217
Spencer needs a few tips from Turk and Sorensen on choosing a walk out song... Boggles my mind if he truly took time and actually thought We Will Rock You was a good idea.
Turks theme song with with Lee starting off the dual would be money.

Reactions: Gobblin
Isn't that our famous mr WDM?

seems a bit harsh for a guy who does his best to keep the enthusiasm up for the team.
No big deal, pump. Just saw it posted on the Iowa Wrestling Fans Facebook page and figured I'd help them promote the idea.

Turns out the music is so loud by itself that I don't know how much difference it would make if the fans joined in, actually -- especially with the concrete floor in Carver. Now, in the old Fieldhouse, it would have been phenomenal! That place would have been deafening, because the stomps would have made a massive rumble on those metal bleachers.

Anyway, no biggie. Nobody's obligated to think it's a good idea. I do think it would be very cool if most of the fans in a packed Carver did it, as a show of support for Spencer and the guys, but I won't be losing any sleep over it.

As for Spencer's choice, one thing I like about it is the "WE" -- he's making it about the team and not himself, and he wants to set the tone for the TEAM. I find that pretty cool. Kid is mature way beyond his years.

I thought it was "Forty Six and 2". I could be wrong.
Could be he used both. I remember the walk out music going quite long waiting for TV one day and “Jesus, won’t you f***** whistle” playing over the sound system at Carver. An ear muff moment for some.

Reactions: Exo
Love Spencer, this is a bit cliche, though. There are better Queen songs he could go with if he loves the band....

F*** one for the Hawks.Of course it has to be dark with one light fading in and out moving around Carver in the long intro. Then hit the tunnel when the base come in. Long and grandiose? Yes. Lyrics are nice though, as if they were about wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT