ADVERTISEMENT

We wish Joe T well

drh1150

HR MVP
Jan 11, 2003
Let's hope he has a solid year.
Had he stayed, he would have ended up a role player again. Can't see him getting minutes ahead of Tony and even Ahron.
Is Ahron faster than Joe? Under control?
And it will be important going forward getting Bowen some time, even if limited.

Loved you Joe. All the best.

Reactions: BustingNarratives
Joe T? Yes. Good luck to him.
giphy.gif

I like AUs size on defense. I think him and perkins have good chemistry as well coming in together in the same class.

Reactions: AlvySinger
I love how Ahron can get to the basket. He's quicker than Perkins, but obviously not as strong. I think Ahron has the best jump shot on the team as he can get by his guy, elevate and go up with a controlled shot. He just has issues finishing on layups and bunnies. He could be scary good if he starts knocking a few of those down per game. Let's hope that's the case with more opportunities. The good news is that we beat Seton Hall without getting much of anything from Payton Sandfort. I hope he doesn't have many more games like that one and we will be even that much more dangerous.

Reactions: AlvySinger
I like AUs size on defense. I think him and perkins have good chemistry as well coming in together in the same class.

Yes, I think AU can matchup with a wider range of guards than JoeT because of the height. I think JoeT has better offense and better ability to generate turnovers, but doesn't run the team as well as Ahron. JoeT would have been a part time player again at Iowa and with a short hook from Fran.

Bowen looks like better passer than AU...we'll see how he develops...he seems to be ahead of AU at same stage.

Reactions: CookyMonster
I'm not referring to a set shot, such as Murray, Sandfort, P-Mac, etc. I'm talking about someone that can dribble and elevate up into a shot while on the move. He gets open looks when he decides to go to the basket, he just struggles to knock them down.

Watch his high school highlight here at 1:38 when he drives to his right and elevates up into his shot. It's a nice looking shot. He shoots the ball at the top of his jump. That's incredibly difficult to guard, especially when he is that fast.

A set shot is defined as one in which the shooters feet are on the ground when the ball is released whereas the jump shot is characterized by a flight phase during which the ball is released. Jump shot ball-release typically occurs near the zenith of the shooter's vertical path.

Last edited:
I'm not referring to a set shot, such as Murray, Sandfort, P-Mac, etc. I'm talking about someone that can dribble and elevate up into a shot while on the move. He gets open looks when he decides to go to the basket, he just struggles to knock them down.

A set shot is defined as one in which the shooters feet are on the ground when the ball is released whereas the jump shot is characterized by a flight phase during which the ball is released. Jump shot ball-release typically occurs near the zenith of the shooter's vertical path.
Sandfort and PMac shoot jump shots all the time. Kris sometimes shoots a set shot but he almost always elevates.

Watch his high school highlight here at 1:38 when he drives to his right and elevates up into his shot. It's a nice looking shot. He shoots the ball at the top of his jump. That's incredibly difficult to guard, especially when he is that fast.

Literally no one on the team shoots a set shot from anywhere other the free throw line. I don't recall seeing Sam Perkins on the roster either.

Hes had an air ball and a classic joe t slip travel but still looks like west virginias most impactful player in the first half. Wvu offense is hard to watch. No movement and nothing inside.

WV isn’t impressive at all! JT still has no jump shot and appears to be their best player, which isn’t saying much. This is Huggins worse team!
Purdue is overrated as usual and we will run them out of the gym!

I don’t think a good team wants JT playing the role he is currently playing. He’s more of a complimentary player. He shoot’s way too much for a guy with an EFg% under 50%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT