ADVERTISEMENT

Weapons of Mass Delusion - When the Republican Party Lost Its Mind

TC Nole OX

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
New book

"The disturbing eyewitness account of how a new breed of Republicans—led by Marjorie Taylor Greene, Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert, and Madison Cawthorn—far from moving on from Trump, have taken the politics of hysteria to even greater extremes and brought American democracy to the edge"

https://www.amazon(DOT)com/Weapons-Mass-Delusion-Republican-Party/dp/0593300149

Last edited:
Weapons of Mass Delusion By Robert Draper

Robert Draper — Weapons of Mass Delusion: When the Republican Party Lost Its Mind

“Weapons of Mass Delusion: When the Republican Party Lost Its Mind” | Amanpour and Company

Ok… so, which party is more crazy?

I see a lot of noise around these sort of people. And, yeah, they’re not great reps. Nuts, if you will. But, it seems awfully hypocritical in the current environment given the democrats’ issues with lunatics appear louder (at least to me)

I see a lot of noise around these sort of people. And, yeah, they’re not great reps. Nuts, if you will. But, it seems awfully hypocritical in the current environment given the democrats’ issues with lunatics appear louder (at least to me)

Which perspective do you find more crazy - Green New Deal AOC or Jewish Space Lazers MTG?

What Democrats equal the lunacy of a woman who believes Jewish space lasers start wildfires?

What Democrats equal the lunacy of a woman who believes Jewish space lasers start wildfires?
You’ll have to show me a quote on that one. But, aoc comparing holding people at the border to Nazi concentration camps seems pretty insane. Tlaib, pretty close to holocaust denial. Ilhan Omar also seems supportive of this.

then you’ve got Schumer making shit up in Congress on the Ukrainian phone call as if reading from a transcript. That’s, perhaps not nuts, but still rather extreme.

you have the cynically named inflation reduction act? And then brazen bragging by Dems about biggest social spending bill since the the new deal era. Dishonest and drunken sailor level spending. Seems pretty crazy in context of the current economy.

then there’s Elisabeth Warren claiming to be Indian. And, Biden periodically plagiarizing other peoples’ life story. The latter is kinda nuts. And, he’s the president not some silly rep from a small district.

then, there’s the mass hysteria around Jan 6th and “election denial” made out to be a huge deal and somehow specific to the republicans despite probably hours worth of publically available audio and video of Dems denying the results of previous elections.

You’ll have to show me a quote on that one. But, aoc comparing holding people at the border to Nazi concentration camps seems pretty insane. Tlaib, pretty close to holocaust denial. Ilhan Omar also seems supportive of this.

then you’ve got Schumer making shit up in Congress on the Ukrainian phone call as if reading from a transcript. That’s, perhaps not nuts, but still rather extreme.

you have the cynically named inflation reduction act? And then brazen bragging by Dems about biggest social spending bill since the the new deal era. Dishonest and drunken sailor level spending. Seems pretty crazy in context of the current economy.

then there’s Elisabeth Warren claiming to be Indian. And, Biden periodically plagiarizing other peoples’ life story. The latter is kinda nuts. And, he’s the president not some silly rep from a small district.

You've only got one ear / eye open my friend. I could come up with Gosar, MTG, Boebert, MAGA in general lunacy all day. But I've got better things to do than educate the unwilling. Here's your link though.

Or better yet, her backtracking after she'd claimed it wasn't her and then...whoopsy daisy, busted.

You've only got one ear / eye open my friend.
Two. I think both parties are leaning on extremism to get views and their messaging across. Lots of hyperbole afoot. Keep in mind the question that was asked of me. It was a one sided question. I gave a bunch of examples.

I’m not a fan of any of those republicans.

With that being said, at least our party isnt claiming that men can get pregnant.
Right, and then treating the average Joe who isn’t keeping up with the elite left as if they’re bigots for questioning that. That’s some serious gaslighting. But, the leftists seem to want us to fall all over ourselves castigating the entire gop as bigots over this sort of noise. And, if we could please understand and agree that the gop is lost because Marjorie is stupid…. And also Ted cruz went on a vacation during a Hurricane once.

Right, and then treating the average Joe who isn’t keeping up with the elite left as if they’re bigots for questioning that. That’s some serious gaslighting. But, the leftists seem to want us to fall all over ourselves castigating the entire gop as bigots over this sort of noise. And, if we could please understand and agree that the gop is lost because Marjorie is stupid…. And also Ted cruz went on a vacation during a Hurricane once.

You're hearing what you want to hear broseph. It's called confirmation bias.

It's fine, just stay there bud. You'll feel safe until you hit that dirt nap.

You've only got one ear / eye open my friend. I could come up with Gosar, MTG, Boebert, MAGA in general lunacy all day. But I've got better things to do than educate the unwilling. Here's your link though.

Or better yet, her backtracking after she'd claimed it wasn't her and then...whoopsy daisy, busted.

Ok yes, she’s nuts. Anyone here like her?

I’m not a fan of any of those republicans.

With that being said, at least our party isnt claiming that men can get pregnant.

Those dems are nuts. But not as dangerous as these guys IMHO.

9b2_717trump1-3-800x430.jpg

“Elite left”

“Leftists”

“average Joe”

Whining about bigots being called bigots

BINGO!

You're hearing what you want to hear broseph. It's called confirmation bias.

It's fine, just stay there bud. You'll feel safe until you hit that dirt nap.
Again, I’m acknowledging that there are crazy people in the gop. The problem here is Dems double down on their own shit.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
“Elite left”

“Leftists”

“average Joe”

Whining about bigots being called bigots

BINGO!
Rowling is a bigot, for example? Or, the Covington catholic kids? Can you acknowledge the left uses “bigot” very liberally and incorrectly, as a mainstream political tactic?

The very idea that I have 5o walk you through the logic shows how delusional you are....notice how you didn't comment on the MTG quote
I did. I said she’s nuts. She is. Wish she’s wasn’t in office. I’ve made no delusional assertions. That you state such to me suggests you may live almost entirely in an echo chamber.

Reactions: thewop

Um, no. Only one party has given up on democracy and is working to steal an election and establish an authoritarian theocracy.

Again, I’m acknowledging that there are crazy people in the gop. The problem here is Dems double down on their own shit.

Hold on. You don't think the MAGA nuts (of which there are MANY in the GOP) haven't doubled down? Did you just wake up and miss that last couple years?

You're just doing the same thing in grouping all dems into the same bucket that you're butthurt you think leftists do with repubbers.

It's ok, it's so much easier to just not critically think through it and just push that button in the voting box you've been pushing your whole like. At the end of the day - I can come to an agreement that for every ten/hundred nutjob D's there are ten/hundred nutjob R's. The question you have to ask yourself is which ones can you look past and support the general direction of the party. For me - I started looking around the R room and cringing when the Tea Party started rabble rousing and it hit a feverish pitch with MAGA. So I jumped ship and vote for the less of two evils now until the GOP figures itself out (which for me is when RINOs take back over).

For you, it sounds like you're the other way around.

Um, no. Only one party has given up on democracy and is working to steal an election and establish an authoritarian theocracy.
Ah yes. The “threat to democracy.” That’s not a hyperbolic talking point, you don’t think? Conspiracy theory, much?

Hold on. You don't think the MAGA nuts (of which there are MANY in the GOP) haven't doubled down? Did you just wake up and miss that last couple years?

You're just doing the same thing in grouping all dems into the same bucket that you're butthurt you think leftists do with repubbers.

It's ok, it's so much easier to just not critically think through it and just push that button in the voting box you've been pushing your whole like. At the end of the day - I can come to an agreement that for every ten/hundred nutjob D's there are ten/hundred nutjob R's. The question you have to ask yourself is which ones can you look past and support the general direction of the party. For me - I started looking around the R room and cringing when the Tea Party started rabble rousing and it hit a feverish pitch with MAGA. So I jumped ship and vote for the less of two evils now until the GOP figures itself out (which for me is when RINOs take back over).

For you, it sounds like you're the other way around.
You’re not going to convince me by suggesting the problem is I lack critical reasoning skills. You’re not winning any tests of logic or intellectual capacity with me. That’s not arrogance. It’s just probabilities.

I’m not maga. I’m not a trump supporter. I’m also not onboard with the Dems “all of the gop are deplorables” strategy. Consider that the Dems are actively investing in tilting gop primaries toward more extreme candidates. You do understand why, right? Exercise some critical reasoning skills. You’re a mark if you dive into these shit narratives from either side.

• Haha
Ah yes. The “threat to democracy.” That’s not a hyperbolic talking point, you don’t think? Conspiracy theory, much?

You're so far down the rabbit hole bro...I'd just drop this discussion and get back to the Newsmax forums. Further discussion on HORT is just going to get your panties in a bunch.

Reactions: cigaretteman
You’re not going to convince me by suggesting the problem is I lack critical reasoning skills. You’re not winning any tests of logic or intellectual capacity with me. That’s not arrogance. It’s just probabilities.

I’m not maga. I’m not a trump supporter. I’m also not onboard with the Dems “all of the gop are deplorables” strategy.

giphy.gif

Uh. It was a horrible political strategy that I find disgusting. See how easy that is?

You're a one-trick numpty. Go back to truth social where you're safe.
Good, you’re not fully insane! Yes, I do see how easy it is. Note, I did the same, doofus.

Now, extend that derision and understand it in the context of the typical dem talking points around defining the right wing as bigots. This is just an operationally exposed direct piece of evidence that this is how the democrats want the gop to be. Because, they think it wins for them. And, ultimately it would in a sense. I certainly can’t vote for these sorts of far right candidates. But then, we travel further left. That seems unhealthy.

You need to quit watching Fox, Newsmax, and OAN. Those networks highly exaggerate what the far left is doing and the influence they are having. However, from what I can tell MTG and her fellow idiots are the intellectual heart of the Republican party right now. There is a "secret" driver behind the scenes that pokes it's head up every now and then, but their plans are so terrible they don't mind letting the fascists take the spotlight so nobody notices how they are getting ready to make prescription meds more expensive, steal from social security, and ending medicare.

https://waysandmeans.house.gov/site...les/documents/factsheet_GOP_Ryan2proposal.pdf

Good, you’re not fully insane! Yes, I do see how easy it is. Note, I did the same, doofus.

Right. And I said the same as well. And then I said I moved my votes to D because I think that the R's + their crazies are more dangerous than the D's + their crazy. And said you obviously disagree and are sticking with the R's

Instead of leaving it at that or discussing that further - you came out firing about your big brain because you got butthurt about my evaluation of your desire to critically think.

Regardless, this conversation bores me. We're not going anywhere. Like Bill, I'll give you the final word.

bill-oreilly-oreilly-factor-final-episode-sexual-harassment-timeline-recap.jpg

You need to quit watching Fox, Newsmax, and OAN. Those networks highly exaggerate what the far left is doing and the influence they are having. However, from what I can tell MTG and her fellow idiots are the intellectual heart of the Republican party right now. There is a "secret" driver behind the scenes that pokes it's head up every now and then, but their plans are so terrible they don't mind letting the fascists take the spotlight so nobody notices how they are getting ready to make prescription meds more expensive, steal from social security, and ending medicare.

https://waysandmeans.house.gov/site...les/documents/factsheet_GOP_Ryan2proposal.pdf
Really? Marjorie is the intellectual and ideological tone setter for gop? Seems you’ve bought the dem narrative pretty loudly there. My primary news sources tend to be WSJ, Bloomberg, bbc and ny times for mainstream news.

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
Right. And I said the same as well. And then I said I moved my votes to D because I think that the R's + their crazies are more dangerous than the D's + their crazy. And said you obviously disagree and are sticking with the R's

Instead of leaving it at that or discussing that further - you came out firing about your big brain because you got butthurt.

Regardless, this conversation bores me. We're not going anywhere. Like Bill, I'll give you the final word.

bill-oreilly-oreilly-factor-final-episode-sexual-harassment-timeline-recap.jpg
I’m not sticking with the Rs. I tend to vote third party. But, I see the tilt currently as the Dems are the greater general evil.

ps you started the nonsense with “critical reasoning.” I’m just saying you’re not demonstrating strong skills in that regard.

• Haha
To dispute the fact that your party is crazy, you created a crazy lie that the left doesn't even believe. Way to play yourself here.
Yeah… buuuuut. Take libsoktiktok for example. They post a lot of garbage. Some of it clearly propaganda. I read through their post history because …. one the teachers saying weird crap was my daughter’s. Like it or not, yes a not insignificant chunk of the left does believe that stuff. You should acknowledge that and fight against it. There are people toward the middle doing that. But you can’t just put your head in the sand and scream at the right for pointing it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT