ADVERTISEMENT

Weapons of Mass Delusion - When the Republican Party Lost Its Mind

Which perspective do you find more crazy - Green New Deal AOC or Jewish Space Lazers MTG?
Jewish space lasers is pretty crazy and anti semitic. Green new deal aoc is pretty crazy and she’s also anti semitic. So, call it even. Except we just passed the green new deal renamed as the inflation reduction act. So, aoc is more dangerous.

Ok… so, which party is more crazy?

I see a lot of noise around these sort of people. And, yeah, they’re not great reps. Nuts, if you will. But, it seems awfully hypocritical in the current environment given the democrats’ issues with lunatics appear louder (at least to me)
Please...what democrat is anywhere near the level of crazy that MTG, Boebert, Gosar can reach? MTG is going to be Trump's running mate and she is beyond batshit crazy. Nothing she says in the realm of normalcy. Not to mention, she needed a pardon 3 days into office...but Republicans will support her.

Last edited:
Ok… so, which party is more crazy?

I see a lot of noise around these sort of people. And, yeah, they’re not great reps. Nuts, if you will. But, it seems awfully hypocritical in the current environment given the democrats’ issues with lunatics appear louder (at least to me)
Delete your account

Reactions: Huey Grey
Ah yes. The “threat to democracy.” That’s not a hyperbolic talking point, you don’t think? Conspiracy theory, much?
Republicans are telling us this...you just choose to bury your head in the sand. I'm actually listening to what they are saying and paying attention to their actions. It's only been discussed on here a few dozen times.

Pay. Attention.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Please...what democrat is anywhere near the level of crazy that MTG, Boebert, Gosar can reach. MTG is going to be Trump's running mate and she is beyond batshit crazy. Nothing she says in the realm of normalcy. Not to mention, she needed a pardon 3 days into office...but Republicans will support her.
If she’s trumps running mate, he will lose. If trump runs, I think he loses. I’m fairly confident the left wants him to run. If he doesn’t. Whoever the republicans pick, whether it be mitt Romney (obviously it won’t) or desantis will be portrayed as dangerous and worse than trump.

Republicans are telling us this...you just choose to bury your head in the sand. I'm actually listening to what they are saying and paying attention to their actions. It's only been discussed on here a few dozen times.

Pay. Attention.
I am.

Debate on substantive issues, not nonsense.

If she’s trumps running mate, he will lose. If trump runs, I think he loses. I’m fairly confident the left wants him to run. If he doesn’t. Whoever the republicans pick, whether is be mitt Romney (obviously it won’t) or desantis will be portrayed as dangerous and worse than trump.
It isn't going to matter if state legislatures in red states, or their governors can simply throw out, legally, electors they don't agree with and choose Republicans...basically saying Democrats can't win the electoral votes in our state. This is actually being attempted. 2024 will all but be decided if in Texas, for example, the legislature can just toss aside votes for democrats. That's part of their endgame. Not a democratic republic.

I am.

Debate on substantive issues, not nonsense.
Nope...you just did what another poster discussed earlier. You missed his post. You just both sided something that is a massive false equivalency. Democrats aren't actively trying to keep Republican votes from counting. Republicans are.

Nope...you just did what another poster discussed earlier. You missed his post. You just both sided something that is a massive false equivalency. Democrats aren't actively trying to keep Republican votes from counting. Republicans are.
It’s not a false equivalency. And, the latter points strain credulity. Ballot harvesting is cheating. The Dems want to canvas high density dem areas, have a ballot handy, get it filled out and deliver it. That’s wrong.

eg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris

Do you see the game here? Oppose ballot harvesting = “threat to democracy.” That’s bs. You should be able to recognize that’s bs. When democrats use “threat to democracy” this way and “bigot” for people like Rowling, they undermine their credibility with normal people.

democrats appear to largely want no election rules. If you fill out a ballot, whoever got it and from wherever, it should count.

• Haha
You’ll have to show me a quote on that one. But, aoc comparing holding people at the border to Nazi concentration camps seems pretty insane. Tlaib, pretty close to holocaust denial. Ilhan Omar also seems supportive of this.

then you’ve got Schumer making shit up in Congress on the Ukrainian phone call as if reading from a transcript. That’s, perhaps not nuts, but still rather extreme.

you have the cynically named inflation reduction act? And then brazen bragging by Dems about biggest social spending bill since the the new deal era. Dishonest and drunken sailor level spending. Seems pretty crazy in context of the current economy.

then there’s Elisabeth Warren claiming to be Indian. And, Biden periodically plagiarizing other peoples’ life story. The latter is kinda nuts. And, he’s the president not some silly rep from a small district.

then, there’s the mass hysteria around Jan 6th and “election denial” made out to be a huge deal and somehow specific to the republicans despite probably hours worth of publically available audio and video of Dems denying the results of previous elections.

AOC - An over the top statement. . . but not crazy

Talib - When did she deny the holocaust? All I saw was some comments about how the Jews were sent to the land Palestinians were on.

Schumer was basing what he said off of what witnesses said and the "transcript" done from memory by Trump.

The inflation reduction act is just something you disagree with. It's not crazy.

What Warren did was wrong, that was a long time ago though. But it was not CRAZY. What Biden did was wrong and it was again a long time ago. But not CRAZY.

The Dems have complained about unfairness, but they have not sued like 60 times and then attacked the capitol. They arn't making laws trying to make it harder for Republicans to vote. They don't have state level candidates promising to not certify election results they don't like.

Talib - When did she deny the holocaust? All I saw was some comments about how the Jews were sent to the land Palestinians were on.

Schumer was basing what he said off of what witnesses said and the "transcript" done from memory by Trump.

The inflation reduction act is just something you disagree with. It's not crazy.

What Warren did was wrong, that was a long time ago though. But it was not CRAZY. What Biden did was wrong and it was again a long time ago. But not CRAZY.

The Dems have complained about unfairness, but they have not sued like 60 times and then attacked the capitol. They arn't making laws trying to make it harder for Republicans to vote. They don't have state level candidates promising to not certify election results they don't like.
Tlaib - https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/267555

Schumer stood up and, if clipped, it would have looked like he was reading from a transcript. Combine that with him repeatedly stating he had major evidence and it makes him look like he perpetuated a fraud.

Aoc - yes the green new deal/inflation reduction act is so economically illiterate as to be crazy from someone with a bachelors in economics. Edit: and yes, comparing that to Nazi concentration camps is over the top to the point of crazy.

what Biden does regarding plagiarizing life stories and making up activities in his past to win favor in an audience appears pretty pathological. Do recall, he had to withdraw from the dem primary for plagiarism previously.

• Haha
New book

"The disturbing eyewitness account of how a new breed of Republicans—led by Marjorie Taylor Greene, Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert, and Madison Cawthorn—far from moving on from Trump, have taken the politics of hysteria to even greater extremes and brought American democracy to the edge"

https://www.amazon(DOT)com/Weapons-Mass-Delusion-Republican-Party/dp/0593300149
Here's the problem Dems have. This group of people are completely goddamned nuts. But they are being treated and talked about in the exact same way Dems talked about Jeb Bush, Kasich, Huckabee, Fiorina and pre-crazy Rubio back in 2015. Remember the whole "clown bus" schtick? Not to mention pretending Mitt Romney was the second coming of Satan. So, this shit often gets tuned out when Dems speak it, as it should. Because it wouldn't matter who they are. You've already proven you'd be saying this shit anyway. Which is a shame. Because this is one of the very few times that you're actually correct.

Here's the problem Dems have. This group of people are completely goddamned nuts. But they are being treated and talked about in the exact same way Dems talked about Jeb Bush, Kasich, Huckabee, Fiorina and pre-crazy Rubio back in 2015. Remember the whole "clown bus" schtick? Not to mention pretending Mitt Romney was the second coming of Satan. So, this shit often gets tuned out when Dems speak it, as it should. Because it wouldn't matter who they are. You've already proven you'd be saying this shit anyway. Which is a shame. Because this is one of the very few times that you're actually correct.
Exactly right. They are nuts. They should not be in gov. But, the Dems have been irrational in their characterizing of the right for so long, it falls on deaf ears.

• Haha
Exactly right. They are nuts. They should not be in gov. But, the Dems have been irrational in their characterizing of the right for so long, it falls on deaf ears.
It’s amazing that the way you talk about Democrats is the same thing you complain about Democrats doing to Republicans. You are part of the problem.

It’s amazing that the way you talk about Democrats is the same thing you complain about Democrats doing to Republicans. You are part of the problem.
I am saying this is a two way street. People have a hard time seeing outside their echo chambers. The op is echo chamber red meat. It should be understood as such.

• Haha
Really? Marjorie is the intellectual and ideological tone setter for gop? Seems you’ve bought the dem narrative pretty loudly there. My primary news sources tend to be WSJ, Bloomberg, bbc and ny times for mainstream news.
She's the public face of that and if you can't see that then you are either being willfully ignorant or you are just ignorant. She could seriously be Trump's VP in his next run.

But it is true, there are others moving behind the scenes who would prefer to not be noticed that are using the distraction to really get a stranglehold on power and they are willing to go full fascist to do it. They've already got a Supreme Court justice (likely multiple Supreme Court Justices) who will be more than happy to provide cover for them to do it.

She's the public face of that and if you can't see that then you are either being willfully ignorant or you are just ignorant. She could seriously be Trump's VP in his next run.

But it is true, there are others moving behind the scenes who would prefer to not be noticed that are using the distraction to really get a stranglehold on power and they are willing to go full fascist to do it. They've already got a Supreme Court justice (likely multiple Supreme Court Justices) who will be more than happy to provide cover for them to do it.
And you don’t see the latter as conspiracy theory?

This is pathological:

please note the source. Dems cared about this until he won the primary. Then, they stopped caring.

also:

I’m guessing the number of legal actions taken in the #resist movement surpass 60.

• Haha
And you don’t see the latter as conspiracy theory?
Did or did not Justice Thomas just intervene to keep Lindsey Graham from testifying in a court trial about overturning the election? Does he or does he not continue to weigh in on cases where there is an obvious conflict of interest and he should be recused?

The plans to eliminate medicare are already drawn up. The legislation is written. Same with massive reductions to social security. Same with eliminating medicare's ability to negotiate prescription drug prices (a separate bill but would also be eliminated with the elimination of medicare). I'm not making this stuff up, this is what Republicans are doing. And the amazing thing is it directly affects the majority of their voting base. It will cost them more money. They are voting for this stuff with a smile on their face because at least Republicans want to keep the book with a gay character out of the library. This is not a conspiracy theory. Again, stop watching poison TV, it is melting your brain.

Did or did not Justice Thomas just intervene to keep Lindsey Graham from testifying in a court trial about overturning the election? Does he or does he not continue to weigh in on cases where there is an obvious conflict of interest and he should be recused?

The plans to eliminate medicare are already drawn up. The legislation is written. Same with massive reductions to social security. Same with eliminating medicare's ability to negotiate prescription drug prices (a separate bill but would also be eliminated with the elimination of medicare). I'm not making this stuff up, this is what Republicans are doing. And the amazing thing is it directly affects the majority of their voting base. It will cost them more money. They are voting for this stuff with a smile on their face because at least Republicans want to keep the book with a gay character out of the library. This is not a conspiracy theory. Again, stop watching poison TV, it is melting your brain.

here. Direct from pelosi so spun as much left as possible. It doesn’t appear they want to eliminate Medicare. It doesn’t appear they want to massively reduce ss. And, this is within the most generous version of the left position… directly from pelosi. Leave dailykos and MSNBC.

New book

"The disturbing eyewitness account of how a new breed of Republicans—led by Marjorie Taylor Greene, Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert, and Madison Cawthorn—far from moving on from Trump, have taken the politics of hysteria to even greater extremes and brought American democracy to the edge"

https://www.amazon(DOT)com/Weapons-Mass-Delusion-Republican-Party/dp/0593300149
I want to read this book. Looks very interesting.

Other than a handful of Dems and maybe a couple of GOP members, both parties are nuts. Both parties are avoiding reality. The working class is being destroyed by tax cuts from the Right and gov spending from the Left. The massive reckless budget deficits have led to a $31 Trillion National Debt, high prices/wages and millions of jobs outsourced.

Dems need to address:
1, The Border
2. Student Loans (let kids walk away from the debt by declaring bankruptcy, i.e. price loans to risk)
3. Crime
4. Balancing budget

I am holding my nose and voting straight Dem this Nov for the 2nd time in my life as I despise Trump, MTG, Eddy Munster, Freedom Caucus & Lauren Bobert.

My favorite Dem is Joe Manchin and my favorite GOP member is Kinzinger. Everybody hates both of them and that is why I like them.

Reactions: Banditking

Other than a handful of Dems and maybe a couple of GOP members, both parties are nuts. Both parties are avoiding reality. The working class is being destroyed by tax cuts from the Right and gov spending from the Left. The massive reckless budget deficits have led to a $31 Trillion National Debt, high prices/wages and millions of jobs outsourced.

Dems need to address:
1, The Border
2. Student Loans (let kids walk away from the debt by declaring bankruptcy, i.e. price loans to risk)
3. Crime
4. Balancing budget

I am holding my nose and voting straight Dem this Nov for the 2nd time in my life as I despise Trump, MTG, Eddy Munster, Freedom Caucus & Lauren Bobert.

My favorite Dem is Joe Manchin and my favorite GOP member is Kinzinger. Everybody hates both of them and that is why I like them.

Now you're talking. You just broke out of the talking points chains most are tied to the bed with in this thread.

Congratulations.

morpheus-free-your-mind.gif

here. Direct from pelosi so spun as much left as possible. It doesn’t appear they want to eliminate Medicare. It doesn’t appear they want to massively reduce ss. And, this is within the most generous version of the left position… directly from pelosi. Leave dailykos and MSNBC.
Holy shit...did you even read what you linked? It says exactly what we're telling you Republicans are going to do but you'll gladly vote for it to screw yourself and everyone in the country over...because you've been lied to. You believe the lies. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM...but it isn't your fault. You got brainwashed by people who knew precisely what they are doing and are continuing to do it.

Dems need to address:
1, The Border
3. Crime
4. Balancing budget

What are the Republican policies that address 1, 3, 4?? They don't have any is the answer.

Holy shit...did you even read what you linked? It says exactly what we're telling you Republicans are going to do but you'll gladly vote for it to screw yourself and everyone in the country over...because you've been lied to. You believe the lies. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM...but it isn't your fault. You got brainwashed by people who knew precisely what they are doing and are continuing to do it.
I read it. What I see is a negotiation. Cut spending. Reform various programs. Try to achieve solid fiscal policy. The point isn’t to get rid of Medicare and SS. That’s fear mongering.

That’s really unfriendly Reed.
You might not be delusional but you are most certainly lost. You've been duped by the radical Christian rightwing of the Republican party. Normal Republicans are jumping ship, or bending the knee to keep power.

You might not be delusional but you are most certainly lost. You've been duped by the radical Christian rightwing of the Republican party. Normal Republicans are jumping ship, or bending the knee to keep power.
I’m an atheist. And I don’t vote Republican. I do like Adam smith and Milton Friedman. And, I don’t like big gov. So, in that sense I have some aversion to modern Dems. Definitely didn’t like trump or bannon. But, some of you f’ers have moved so far to the left, you can’t see the center.

Both the Dems and Republicans have earned mistrust. On this website, the dem hardliners are over represented.

Last edited:
What is needed is what Reagan did when he was Pres with Social Security. A grand compromise. Cut Social Security & Medicare benefits and raise the taxes to fund them. If everyone in Wash DC hates it, then you know it is not BS.

The problem is BOTH parties demagogue the issue. Elizabeth Warren calling for greater Social Security benefits is as reckless as Trump who wanted to cut the Social Security tax.

ADVERTISEMENT