ADVERTISEMENT

Weather Warning, for Northern Iowa Especially - Possible Derecho Winds!

This looks fun…
DEA070-C3-7784-43-C9-905-E-1-F4-A0768-AF64.jpg
🤮

Just hit dport about 10 minutes ago. Flower pots and chairs all over backyard.

neighbors basketball hoop in the street.

sounds like power out on the west side

Sheldon got blown up around 6pm. Lost power for about 3 hours. Tree branch landed on a transformer right outside my bathroom window and blew it up and it started on fire. Fun night.

RIP Optimus Prime

Just got they to MidAmerican… their computer systems are “off-line” and they have “no idea” what the problem is or a time estimate . It’s been 90 minutes+ and I am still sitting in the dark!
There are street lights about 3 blks north and about 6 blks south… but everything in between is dark and quiet…

Unbelievable. Was in Sioux Falls early this am and drove through this on my way to Pierre. Nasty shit, and Ive been through countless hurricanes and tropical storms. Came back to Sioux Falls tonight and the hotel was without power since 3pm, trees snapped, etc. Had to find another hotel at 1030pm. Not fun. Good luck to all in the path.

I do not. But fortunately the power has returned. Thank god because even with the windows open it was pretty goddamn warm in here.
I spent a lot of money on a generator and hook up after days without power during an ice storm 15 years ago or so. I have yet to have to use it. It's a good way to prevent power failures.

Here in West Des Moines we have a few small branches down, and people who left out their trash and recycling containers now have them lying on their sides. I moved a neighbors' out of the street early this morning.
The dog and I also saw a power company pickup followed by two of their big trucks heading on west on Vine around 4AM this morning. Help is on the way!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT