ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday

It's still Wednesday.

Pat0myk.jpg

He’s probably super rich
It says here his net worth is $10M. He's definitely well off but far from super-rich, especially living in Hollywood.

When I first saw Fred Armisen as Uncle Fester I groaned and said "God is this guy in everything?" but i quickly fell in love with him. It's shittyAdams Family portlandia but hilarious.

We watched the first episode. It wasn't terrible. Confused at the casting of Gomez. That guy is just fat and not a very good actor. Having him smooch with Catherine is just gross.

We watched the first episode. It wasn't terrible. Confused at the casting of Gomez. That guy is just fat and not a very good actor. Having him smooch with Catherine is just gross.
The series gets better and I would say is overall good. Still a bit like a CW teeny-bopper show, but better written. The only thing I didn’t like was the casting for Gomez and Morticia. They were too old. Luis Guzman is noticeably 66 and good in many things, just not in this role. He just didn’t bring enough energy. Catherine Zeta-Jones is 53, so the age is a bit better, but really had the makeup spackled on. She would have been good in this role a decade ago, now not so much. These two were supposed to have met in high school, fallen deeply in love to where they can’t keep their hands off of each other, and yet somehow waited until they were past their mid-30s before having their first kid(if we ignore the massive age difference between the two and just go with her younger age)? Luckily the parents aren’t very important to the show so once they vanish they become less distracting. Armisen was weird as Uncle Fester, but not as poorly miscast as the others.

Casting was done based upon the original comic series, not the old tv show and 90s movies that made Gomez more handsome and suave. I just have to think they could have found someone better, and younger, for the parents.
Addams_Family_sketch_Charles_Addams.jpg

Heck they got Christina Ricci, who is currently older than Angelica Huston was in the first movie, but didn’t cast her as Morticia. Major missed opportunity, she would have killed it.
wed.jpg

I will give credit, the young actors and actresses in the cast were mostly decent to good. The girl playing Wednesday will have a major career bump as she was pretty dang good.

ADVERTISEMENT