ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend grill/smoker plans?

lonestar50

HR All-American
Sep 3, 2007
I haven't used the PBC much this year and I'm disappointed in myself for that. So tomorrow (today is filled with lawn work and Iowa football) I'm thinking something a little different than the normal ribs/pulled pork/brisket and am going to try huli huli chicken on the PBC for the first time.

What's everyone got going on the grill this weekend? And pics or it didn't happen!

Reactions: GOHOX69
Brisket time today and tomorrow. Overnight cook. How come the experts in here don't post one damn picture?

I haven't used the PBC much this year and I'm disappointed in myself for that. So tomorrow (today is filled with lawn work and Iowa football) I'm thinking something a little different than the normal ribs/pulled pork/brisket and am going to try huli huli chicken on the PBC for the first time.

What's everyone got going on the grill this weekend? And pics or it didn't happen!
Huli Huli technically means rotating but you knew that brah. Mahalo to you.

Reactions: lonestar50
Nothing. It won't stop raining here long enough to get the smoker fired up.
285a0108-41ff-4c13-8ec3-b557a3b4c9ff_1.58b826334567de752d0a0fb5d9da39f8.jpeg

Brats in the sous vide now. By the time they are done I will be unsober, toss them on the grill, come back out to flip, realize the grill isn’t on, turn on grill, forget about brats, and come back tomorrow morning to some ash tubes and will have to buy another tank of propane.

Brats in the sous vide now. By the time they are done I will be unsober, toss them on the grill, come back out to flip, realize the grill isn’t on, turn on grill, forget about brats, and come back tomorrow morning to some ash tubes and will have to buy another tank of propane.
Blue Rhino must love you :)

• Love
Reactions: Moral
Ash tubes? Sounds delish! Recipe?

• Love
Reactions: GOHOX69 and Moral
Any Mayo needed?

Such a loaded question. To taste, maybe a little bit. I’m under the opinion that mayo doesn’t pair well with ash tubes though. The vinegar just really over rides the charcoal taste of a long cooked ash tube. However, if you have a low saliva disorder or are dehydrated it is a must just to be able to swallow the ash tubes.

Such a loaded question. To taste, maybe a little bit. I’m under the opinion that mayo doesn’t pair well with ash tubes though. The vinegar just really over rides the charcoal taste of a long cooked ash tube. However, if you have a low saliva disorder or are dehydrated it is a must just to be able to swallow the ash tubes.
Noted. Thank you for your quick reply.

They prob taste better in the wave anyway.

Brisket on the PBC tomorrow.

Just woke up at what I assume is 954 am and they arent fully ash tubes yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOHOX69
Did wings with lemon pepper and baking powder (for crispiness) in oven. Tossed in sauce that was equal parts Frank's original and this brand sugar free honey bbq sauce: https://www.ghughessugarfree.com/sf-bbq-sauce

The BBQ sauce was the new part of the equation for me there and it worked well in this recipe. Haven't tried the BBQ sauce with anything else yet

How are my fellow brisket lovers coming along? Thanks to @McLovin32 and @Moral I've slathered mine in ketchup and mayo and mwaving the shit out of it in a 80s Amana Radarange. Brisket should be done right about the time I get cancer due to microwave radiation. How did your results turn out?

Last edited:
Reactions: McLovin32 and Moral
Pics of huli huli chicken at the end when I was rotating it @GOHOX69 Turned out really good. Butchered the chicken while carving. Made some crispy garlic and rosemary roasted potatoes as well. Great Sunday meal

4rmc9az.jpg

xMb3KqC.jpg
Nice job buddy. My brisket is resting. Then need to make burnt ends. I'll take some fotos tonight. Awesome job!

Reactions: lonestar50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT