ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Plans?

CJ Beat Hard

HR Heisman
Dec 15, 2016
What's on the agenda for the weekend?

Plan on watching the game tonight and having a little whiskey. Hitting the bed early for one last go at the ducks in the am. Depending on what type of numbers I see, I might go Sunday morning as well. Saturday night we have a Xmas parts with the wife's friends. I dont really know them so probably will want to either shoot myself or get crazy wasted (if not hunting Sunday am). Sunday I think we plan on getting the christmas tree

Enjoying the last of the college football regular season. Praying Hawks make Holiday bowl and not the RedBox bowl so I can book flights to San Diego.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Happy Hour Hawkeyes after work today.. excited. Probably hungover all day Saturday. Brunch followed by football on Sunday.

Not a thing tonight...will prolly make a feign attempt at secksin' up the wife. Tomorrow am headed to Decorah for Christmas at Luther...daughter (pic in an old thread) is performing. Hopefully will have time to sample some brews while in town. Breakfast with the daughter on Sunday then make the long drive back to BFE NW Iowa.

Christmas tonight in Ankeny with wifes parents and siblings. Her Sister and BIL bought a house in Cape Coral and will spend Christmas there. Will get a good buzz going watching Iowa and the Pac 12 Champ game. Leave Ankeny around 11am tomorrow to go to Christmas by the Lake in Clear Lake. Gotta take mini D3408 to see Santa. Christmas in CL after that at 5:30 with my dads family. Will get really drunk there because I dislike them all. Church Sunday morning at 9am followed by yet another Christmas with my Moms side. I'll be ho ho'ed out by christmas. As will the wife;)

What's the game tonight? I'll probably do the usual bar/smoke with a buddy tonight. Tomorrow is lady friend day, maybe some Christmas themed bars, catch some football.

Sunday has not yet been planned but NFL is likely.

Christmas party tonight with wife's clients. Storm the rest of the week, so I might avoid putting up the lights for another weekend, or I might not. Tree. Skiing?

West O for beers here in a little bit then taking in the Iowa game over supper.

Tomorrow head to the girls and boys basketball games at the high school and take in the FFA fundraiser grill out. Then lots of booze during the championship games.

NFL all day on Sunday.

Last day of fall cleanup outside tomorrow. After that, first drinks of the week and college football. Taking little one to see Santa Claus on Sunday morning and hopefully not much else after that.

Reactions: Rudolph
Booking a trip to the bowl destination. And I want to go back to 1995 Iowa City in the worst way after the Dirty John's thread. This might be a good weekend to dig out the old photo albums from those days and reminisce.
Good point. Depending where we go I might try to make the trip. San Diego would be tough but might try to pull some strings

Reactions: Rudolph
Good point. Depending where we go I might try to make the trip. San Diego would be tough but might try to pull some strings

My brother is in the Navy and stationed in San Diego. They've been overseas for the last 8 years so I hardly know my nieces. Going there would be an awesome opportunity for our kids to play while we drink and hang out. I really, really hope that's where we go even though flights from Des Moines are outrageous.

giphy.gif

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
How'd that eating competition go you had the other weekend?
It was a lot of fun and a didn't fail any of them. The guy I met up with is a ridiculous eater and put down this thing in 6 minutes (a new record). 20,000 calories and a calm 40 strips of bacon:
20191109-205626.jpg

20191109-205552.jpg

I didn't do this one because I thought it would be super heavy to eat since it's fried in lard, but it went down like a normal burger and so I regret not doing it. I would have gotten in, no doubt, but not even close to his time. I did the next biggest one (a modest 10,000 calories and 20 strips of bacon) and got it down in 2.5 minutes.

That dude is coming to LA in January so we're meeting up to take on this 50 lb thing with a few of my friends. $150 reward to each person if completed in time
hqdefault.jpg

My brother is in the Navy and stationed in San Diego. They've been overseas for the last 8 years so I hardly know my nieces. Going there would be an awesome opportunity for our kids to play while we drink and hang out. I really, really hope that's where we go even though flights from Des Moines are outrageous.
The only way I can make San Diego work is leave Thursday night. Lay over in KC overnight and probably sleep in airport. Fly into Vegas drive to game and leave from Vegas at 9 am Saturday to be back for a family Christmas party Saturday night. So leaving direct from game to drive back to Vegas. Gone 2 nights without needing a hotel room is good right?

Reactions: hawkbirch
It was a lot of fun and a didn't fail any of them. The guy I met up with is a ridiculous eater and put down this thing in 6 minutes (a new record). 20,000 calories and a calm 40 strips of bacon:
20191109-205626.jpg

20191109-205552.jpg

I didn't do this one because I thought it would be super heavy to eat since it's fried in lard, but it went down like a normal burger and so I regret not doing it. I would have gotten in, no doubt, but not even close to his time. I did the next biggest one (a modest 10,000 calories and 20 strips of bacon) and got it down in 2.5 minutes.

That dude is coming to LA in January so we're meeting up to take on this 50 lb thing with a few of my friends. $150 reward to each person if completed in time
hqdefault.jpg

Bravo. That's fvcking impressive.

Feeling really good right now and watching the Hawks. Will probably go to Tailgators tomorrow night for their fundraiser for the children’s hospital.....and get effed up.

Tonight- pan fried some ribeyes and made a wine sauce. Ish was amazing. Now drinking the remaining wine and watching the hawks. Will watch college ball later.

Saturday- ?

Sunday - NFL and hang out with my kids. First Sunday off in a while

Reactions: McLovin32
I’m going to try to hustle over to Ann Arbor to check in for UM so I can shoot a few corner threes.

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
At the tree lighting Christmas festival. H-E-B brought in some snow and sled rides for the kids. I already got in trouble for throwing snowballs.

Tomorrow is the town’s Xmas day parade.

Last night was nothing, today will be yelling at my kids while they aren't listening while helping my wife bake Christmas goodies. Tonight is our harvest supper, so they'll be copious amounts of alcohol consumed.
Sunday is Sunday school for the kids, church after, then hopefully nothing but day drinking

20191109-205626.jpg

20191109-205552.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
"That's not me, that's just my burger"

20191109-205626.jpg

20191109-205552.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
The pizza looks okay imo, the crust doesn't look that good, but i can't imagine it's easy to make a perfect 50 pound pizza.

However, that burger actually looks very good, and I would be down to eat it at a smaller scale (1-2 patties, and 2 strips of bacon).

ADVERTISEMENT