ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Plans?

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
SEC football starting this weekend. Looks like the Noles v Canes game is the prime time game...sigh. I wonder if the Noles will have Norvell on Zoom.

We are going to see Goonies at the drive-in at the community center. Trying to figure out themed food to bring along.

both kids soccer and hockey games
finish some exterior painting and mow yard
family grill out

after typing that are we the prototypical suburban middle class family or what?

SEC football starting this weekend. Looks like the Noles v Canes game is the prime time game...sigh. I wonder if the Noles will have Norvell on Zoom.

We are going to see Goonies at the drive-in at the community center. Trying to figure out themed food to bring along.

Flyfishing in Boone N.C. after spending today and tomorrow in the Shenandoah NP.

Restain the deck, bike ride, do some fall prep on the lawn, just be outside as much as possible in case this is the last summer like weekend for awhile.

Headed to the coast with the family. Some beach time. Some light hiking. Probably dinner out at a nice seafood restaurant Saturday night.

No plans yet for Saturday other than day drinking and watching football.
On Sunday we are hitting the beach early then day drinking and watching football.

Hopefully my Covid test comes back negative today so I can actually leave the fuggin house. Would really love to go to my favorite bar and watch some football tomorrow.

Reactions: Fan In Black
We are getting a decent cold front before next weekend and thinking about doing some flounder fishing. Those guys are really active after the first cold front.

Yup. I’ll be fishing a river that flows into the Gulf, but miles from the mouth. Decent sized largemouth and some smaller snook mixed in.

Reactions: WisestIowan
Date night with the wife tonight.
Saturday morning going to Menards to pick up an electric fireplace for the 3 seasons porch and insulation to insulate underneath said porch. Get that done and head to the winery for some afternoon day drinking.
Sunday morning golf, Sunday afternoon watching football on 3 seasons porch.

A couple of years ago we went gigging for flounder in the jetties around Galveston Bay. You kind of felt like you were cheating but we got some nice ones and had a blast.

My mom (no pic) and step dad spent the months of November and December in Panama City Beach, FL up until two years ago. I would go visit as they stayed at a little extended stay hotel right on the beach. Step dad and I would fish right off the pier, head back to the room, fry up our fresh catch and drink some cold ones. Sadly, he is now dealing with pretty severe dementia so I think I'll be flying solo from now on.

And then another test on Monday?

Nope, I have been going there once/week for the past two months. Maybe 4-5 people sitting at the bar and all the servers wear masks. I was exposed in my own home when we had another family over. No symptoms. My two weeks is up tomorrow, just hoping for the results.

My son has a football game tonight so maybe a few beers after that. Tomorrow I will be busy all day at a benefit for my partner’s mom. She has cancer everywhere and at just 52, it’s just a matter of time. After that things could get weird which is why I’m leaving Sunday open for now.

My son has a football game tonight so maybe a few beers after that. Tomorrow I will be busy all day at a benefit for my partner’s mom. She has cancer everywhere and at just 52, it’s just a matter of time. After that things could get weird which is why I’m leaving Sunday open for now.

Wow, how awful. Let me know if there is a gofundme page or something that I can contribute to.

Reactions: jellyfish10
HS football tonight. Homecoming at Tri-Center and we need a big win after p*ssing one down our leg last Friday. Sat will be all day college football. Sunday, all day NFL.

Fuggin A, man. Two years older than me, that is scary shit. Let me know and I'll get something rolling.

You are a good man. Thank you. Honestly, it’s amazing that she is alive. After my sister’s home was ravaged by the derecho about a month ago, I came back to the Cedar Valley and went straight to her house as the ambulance was again coming to pick her up. When they wheeled her out I never thought I would see her alive again. She looked like a corpse but she’s tough and continues to fight.

Reactions: jasonrann

Probably the last hot weather in Iowa for the year. Close to 90 so swimming is in order since there is no Iowa or B1G. Highs next week will be only in the 50s so need to seize the carpe. I will enjoy watching other games though.

You are a good man. Thank you. Honestly, it’s amazing that she is alive. After my sister’s home was ravaged by the derecho about a month ago, I came back to the Cedar Valley and went straight to her house as the ambulance was again coming to pick her up. When they wheeled her out I never thought I would see her alive again. She looked like a corpse but she’s tough and continues to fight.
Damn so sorry to hear all of this. Perspective.

I am a person that loves to have people around, to see people laughing and enjoying the company of others. We all hug hello and goodbye. The last six months have taught me how much I really value family and friends and how much I miss them. God bless your friends and the road that lies ahead for them.

I am a person that loves to have people around, to see people laughing and enjoying the company of others. We all hug hello and goodbye. The last six months have taught me how much I really value family and friends and how much I miss them. God bless your friends and the road that lies ahead for them.

I hear you brother. Thank you.

Reactions: jasonrann
ADVERTISEMENT