ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend ruined due to American ignorance

Tell her to head to Lake of the Ozarks with her friend. They will fit in nicely there, especially at Capt Jacks or one of the other hot spots for the Rona exposed youth to hang out.

Reactions: torbee
My daughter who just graduated from Iowa was supposed to come down to the lake house this weekend for the only chance she’d have all summer. Was going to bring a friend, who like my daughter, had been basically sheltering in place since early March was going to join.

But friend’s roommate was one of the non mask-wearing asshats hitting the Iowa City bars this past weekend and tested COVID positive today. So now no lake weekend, daughter has to get tested, may not be able to work next week.

All you dumb MFs that think this is “no big deal” and wearing a mask is a pointless inconvenience can suckle my knuckle and eat a bag of dongs.

YOU are what’s wrong with America and you and your anti-science, anti-intellectual bullshit can kiss my ass. :mad:

Pic of dong bag?

So is America responsible for a young adult making a crappy decision?

Considering there is a culture in this country that distains the wearing of masks or doing anything that might help prevent the spread of the virus, I would say yes it is in part.

Look at the chart in post 14. Every other country is taking care of this problem, their numbers are going down. US? We're having more cases.

We're not sure if we can have football in the fall. English Premier league. That's back on. Christian Pulisic has had 2 goals in the meantime one against Aston Villa and one just today against Man City.

It's crap like this that is why we will be watching other countries' sports leagues and why we can't have nice things here. How the heck did Americans get this way? It's like a lot of us, including myself, are now finally seeing us the way foreigners see us - here or when Americans are in their countries.

So other countries already have herd immunity or a vaccine?

Pic of dong bag?
cJcJg09.gif

Considering there is a culture in this country that distains the wearing of masks or doing anything that might help prevent the spread of the virus, I would say yes it is in part.

Look at the chart in post 14. Every other country is taking care of this problem, their numbers are going down. US? We're having more cases.

We're not sure if we can have football in the fall. English Premier league. That's back on. Christian Pulisic has had 2 goals in the meantime one against Aston Villa and one just today against Man City.
Man City? Where is this paradise?

My daughter who just graduated from Iowa was supposed to come down to the lake house this weekend for the only chance she’d have all summer. Was going to bring a friend, who like my daughter, had been basically sheltering in place since early March was going to join.

But friend’s roommate was one of the non mask-wearing asshats hitting the Iowa City bars this past weekend and tested COVID positive today. So now no lake weekend, daughter has to get tested, may not be able to work next week.

All you dumb MFs that think this is “no big deal” and wearing a mask is a pointless inconvenience can suckle my knuckle and eat a bag of dongs.

YOU are what’s wrong with America and you and your anti-science, anti-intellectual bullshit can kiss my ass. :mad:
Here's science

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-per...ntary-masks-all-covid-19-not-based-sound-data

"For the entire range of particles tested, t-shirts had 10% efficiency, scarves 10% to 20%, cloth masks 10% to 30%, sweatshirts 20% to 40%, and towels 40%. All of the cloth masks and materials had near zero efficiency at 0.3 µm (which is COVID), a particle size that easily penetrates into the lungs."

Here's the CDC

https://kesq.com/news/2020/01/29/cdc-says-wearing-a-face-mask-wont-protect-you-from-the-coronavirus/

"In fact, wearing a mask is not even recommended for the general population during flu season because there is not much evidence it has any benefit"

Do you know why they say 6 feet? Because after 3 feet away, your chances of catching something are nearly nil. So, if you stay 6 feet away, you don't need a mask (and that is what the CDC has also been saying for months)

OP’s post clearly expresses heartfelt anger. But it pales in comparison to what we will see if there is no college football this year.

Bottom line: we better have college football this fall, if only on TV.

shit happens man.

we’ve been planning a vacation for months, leaving Saturday, and just found out today it fell through due to COVID.

good news, we are healthy and will make the best of it at an alternate location. Roll with it bro.
There is wisdom here. Celebrate our health and improvise. My son was recently diagnosed with a non-cancerous bone tumor in his upper arm. So what we thought was a stress fracture from overuse pitching is something more sobering. His trip to Michigan after the fourth has been cancelled because he needs a CT scan and consult in Iowa City. Hopefully after surgery he's back for football, if we have a season.

There is wisdom here. Celebrate our health and improvise. My son was recently diagnosed with a non-cancerous bone tumor in his upper arm. So what we thought was a stress fracture from overuse pitching is something more sobering. His trip to Michigan after the fourth has been cancelled because he needs a CT scan and consult in Iowa City. Hopefully after surgery he's back for football, if we have a season.

Ts and Ps, hopefully he'll love the new Blackstone griddle.

Reactions: Tenacious E

source.gif

If one more non-mask-wearing asshat reaches over me to get something off a supermarket shelf, I'm gonna snap. WEAR A MASK and STAY THE FRACK BACK!

p.s.
sorry about your weekend, bud. I get it. I haven't seen my daughter since Feb 16...basic training, followed by tech school and locked down ever since. Hoping to go see her this Sunday for her birthday.

Reactions: torbee and 3boysmom
source.gif

If one more non-mask-wearing asshat reaches over me to get something off a supermarket shelf, I'm gonna snap. WEAR A MASK and STAY THE FRACK BACK!

p.s.
sorry about your weekend, bud. I get it. I haven't seen my daughter since Feb 16...basic training, followed by tech school and locked down ever since. Hoping to go see her this Sunday for her birthday.

Pic of "locked down" daughter?

Ts and Ps, hopefully he'll love the new Blackstone griddle.
Thanks dude. Hopefully it sounds worse than it is, that is what the doc says. He has been unable to complete the last couple of baseball seasons due to inflammation in his shoulder which we thought was overuse/growth plate injuries. Turns out it was a freak thing in a freak location mimicking that. Good news is that it should completely resolve the issue and he can get backing to throwing gas.

Check your privilege! Whiny bitch! Oh my daughter can't come to the lake house. It's everyone's fault! Waaaah! Waaah! GDFFYF!

Apparently, bunches of metro Atlanta teens went to Athens (UGA) this past weekend for some rush activities and brought back the rona. Kids and parents all over Dunwoody (think Adina in MSP) are testing positive.

Why is OP’s daughter hanging out with the handful of students at U of I that support Trump?

If Trump encouraged people to wear a mask, we’d probably have even fewer people wearing them.

Your weekend was ruined by perpetuating the media driven fear they installed in you around early March. You let that happen and now you get to be scared of your own shadow.

He casts a large shadow as he's pretty fat. This was shown in that pic he recently posted. So he has reason to be scared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT