ADVERTISEMENT

Weezy & Makenzie are Engaged

Hopefully he’s recovered from that massive L she handed him in HORSE last year

Congrats to them both!
Yes sir for the happy couple. I'd bet this is the last year we'll see JoeW in a Hawk uniform, so I hope he goes out with a bang. Either he gets his shot in the league or I'd bet he moves on with his life plans.

Yes sir for the happy couple. I'd bet this is the last year we'll see JoeW in a Hawk uniform, so I hope he goes out with a bang. Either he gets his shot in the league or I'd bet he moves on with his life plans.

A possible factor regarding Joe’s return for his senior year at Iowa (assuming he doesn’t make the NBA which I view as a long shot) may depend if Mackenzie gets into dental school at University of Iowa.

Per an interview this last March 2020, she planned to stay in Iowa City and apply to Dental School but it was unclear on timing and if she planned on applying to the University of Iowa Dental School (among others I’m sure).

A possible factor regarding Joe’s return for his senior year at Iowa (assuming he doesn’t make the NBA which I view as a long shot) may depend if Mackenzie gets into dental school at University of Iowa.

Per an interview this last March 2020, she planned to stay in Iowa City and apply to Dental School but it was unclear on timing and if she planned on applying to the University of Iowa Dental School (among others I’m sure).
Thanks for the update skydog. That would certainly play a factor one would think. All these ex Hawkeye women players marrying Iowa athletes, Till and Kittle, Mac and Weezy, I think Aaron White married an ex Iowa golfer or something yea, hmmm.... Anyone care to hook up a certain former womens National player of the year with Mr Luka Garza? Could be quite the match for future little Hawks. Oh damn, Luka's already got himself a little cutie doesn't he..... ;)

Merton Hanks,Robert Gallery and Al Lorenzen all married U of Iowa athletes. Also Barry Davis married Nan Doak a great Hawkeye long distance runner.

Thanks for the update skydog. That would certainly play a factor one would think. All these ex Hawkeye women players marrying Iowa athletes, Till and Kittle, Mac and Weezy, I think Aaron White married an ex Iowa golfer or something yea, hmmm.... Anyone care to hook up a certain former womens National player of the year with Mr Luka Garza? Could be quite the match for future little Hawks. Oh damn, Luka's already got himself a little cutie doesn't he..... ;)

I believe Jarrod Uthoff’s wife, Jessie Jordan Uthoff, was on the IA (and WI) golf team too if memory serves. They actually met at WI and she followed Jarrod to Iow City.

Jessie is the great Congressman Jim Jordan’s daughter.

Another couple they would have fantastic bball blood lines is from the late 90s early 00s Duez Henderson married women's bball play Randi Peterson. Think they have a few younger kids.

Weird to still see the forgone conclusion that Weezy is a pro at some point because he is not currently on that trajectory.
I love him and he seems like a really sweet kid, but I quite selfishly wish he was singularly focused on basketball at this point in his life. I only want to see pictures of him in the gym and hope he can find joy in there as well. I don’t give a crap about his accelerated personal life right now. He is a real person with a life...don’t care. It is really fun to be in love but I know for a fact it is a big damn time and emotional drain. The greats only care about one thing.

I was kinda hoping to hear he was sick or hurt last year and that he’s 100% now. I think we are all just hoping he returns to form, it wasn’t just a bad game or two. It was a pretty strong regression.

I think he is the key to our season. If he is a consistent threat to put up 20and is the undeniable 2nd best player on our team who can take over, carry, and dominate then I will believe we can really content for the title. If he blends in with the rest of the shooters, fills a role, and doesn’t consistently dominate then we may be more of a sweet sixteen team rather than a final four team

Reactions: skydog0784
All of Joe's numbers improved last season outside of his shooting %. If he were to progress at the same rate, he would average 17 PTs. and 7 RBs. this season and I think we would all take that. Who knows...Happiness in his personal life might translate to even more success on the basketball court.

Reactions: Torg
Weird to still see the forgone conclusion that Weezy is a pro at some point because he is not currently on that trajectory.
I love him and he seems like a really sweet kid, but I quite selfishly wish he was singularly focused on basketball at this point in his life. I only want to see pictures of him in the gym and hope he can find joy in there as well. I don’t give a crap about his accelerated personal life right now. He is a real person with a life...don’t care. It is really fun to be in love but I know for a fact it is a big damn time and emotional drain. The greats only care about one thing.

I was kinda hoping to hear he was sick or hurt last year and that he’s 100% now. I think we are all just hoping he returns to form, it wasn’t just a bad game or two. It was a pretty strong regression.

I think he is the key to our season. If he is a consistent threat to put up 20and is the undeniable 2nd best player on our team who can take over, carry, and dominate then I will believe we can really content for the title. If he blends in with the rest of the shooters, fills a role, and doesn’t consistently dominate then we may be more of a sweet sixteen team rather than a final four team
rev'rend
women-weaken-legs.jpg

seek help

He could have three more years to play at Iowa with the upcoming year not counting toward the scholarship usage. That would help with her plans as well.

ADVERTISEMENT