ADVERTISEMENT

Weird and wacky stuff with the Houston GOP

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
So... a little background. Dr. Steve Hotze is an admitted homophobe (one of those that believes God is going to strike down the gays because they engage in anal sex) and generally a pretty nasty little man. But he's super rich...made his fortune peddling bullshit homeopathic remedies for the infirmed. He and his bulldog attorney Jared Woodfill (who is a giant asshole as well) primarily campaign against any and all LGBTQ matters. Both of them are all in on Trump and the election was stolen, etc. So Hotze hires an army of private investigators to investigate claims of voter fraud in Harris County, including a real piece of shit Mark Aguirre (who was fired from Houston PD). Aguirre gets paid about $266,000 and figures he needs to come up with something. So he rams a truck being driven by a plumber, pulls him out and sticks a gun in his head and asks where are all the fake ballots signed by Mexican children. Obviously, the plumber has nothing but pipes. Aguirre gets arrested. Aguirre claims Hotze put him up to this and paid him more after the false arrest. So the Harris County DA just indicted Hotze.

I don't think chargers are going to stick. But it's like a Trumpian reality tv here in south Texas.

Agree with you on Jared Woodfill. That guy is a raging douchebag and I get annoyed just hearing his voice whenever the local news has a sound byte of him. Hotze sounds like a complete idiot from what I've read.

Between this, the Elections Administrator fiasco after the March primary, and the recent indictments of three members of Judge Hidalgo's staff, Harris County is looking really bad in the spotlight right now.

Agree with you on Jared Woodfill. That guy is a raging douchebag and I get annoyed just hearing his voice whenever the local news has a sound byte of him. Hotze sounds like a complete idiot from what I've read.

Between this, the Elections Administrator fiasco after the March primary, and the recent indictments of three members of Judge Hidalgo's staff, Harris County is looking really bad in the spotlight right now.
Not shit. Hidalgo's COS and other spinning off a $11 million contract to some lady operating out of her house instead of UTMB (that was the less expensive bid). It doesn't appear Hidalgo was in on the grift, but reeks of lake of experience with managing her staff--from what I hear she delegates way too much (mostly because she's over her head here) and they took advantage.

Meanwhile the Harris County Judge (think mayor of Harris County outside Houston city limits) is currently under investigation and several of her staffers have been indicted... yet not a peep from OP.

She is of course a Democrat and actually INVOLVED in politics... not a crazy rich dude.

Meanwhile the Harris County Judge (think mayor of Harris County outside Houston city limits) is currently under investigation and several of her staffers have been indicted... yet not a peep from OP.

She is of course a Democrat and actually INVOLVED in politics... not a crazy rich dude.
Hidalgo isn't under investigation.

Hidalgo isn't under investigation.
So... Alex Triantaphyllis, Hidalgo’s current chief of staff, policy director Wallis Nader and a former senior advisor, Aaron Dunn, have all been charged with felony misuse of official information and tampering with a record.

Yet she is cleared?? Hmmmm... where do you see this information?

Rogue employees?

She has been lead around by the nose by Adrian Garcia since she started... she was completely unqualified and was only elected because of Beto and the since "rescinded" straight party voting that was allowed in Texas.

So... Alex Triantaphyllis, Hidalgo’s current chief of staff, policy director Wallis Nader and a former senior advisor, Aaron Dunn, have all been charged with felony misuse of official information and tampering with a record.

Yet she is cleared?? Hmmmm... where do you see this information?

Rogue employees?
The local news. It appears Hidalgo is not the target of the investigation. I can't say she has been "cleared." But it appears that it's staffers that engaged in selecting Elevate over UTMB. Again, as stated above, it appears to be a consequence of Hidalgo malfeasance in administrating her staff/office rather than her directing staffers to pull strings in favor of Elevate.

Reactions: ft254
The local news. It appears Hidalgo is not the target of the investigation. I can't say she has been "cleared." But it appears that it's staffers that engaged in selecting Elevate over UTMB. Again, as stated above, it appears to be a consequence of Hidalgo malfeasance in administrating her staff/office rather than her directing staffers to pull strings in favor of Elevate.
It's your spin... tell it how you like...

Which iteration is reported news? There is competitive fact checking within the industry.

ADVERTISEMENT