ADVERTISEMENT

Weird Story About A Des Moines Teacher

Yeah I just read the follow up that he may have been involved with a student who was 17 at the time.

When I read he took his own life it made a person wonder what the heck happened … especially after the vagueness of why he was placed on leave…

Will be interesting to learn more as the pieces are put together.

From everything I read he was a very popular teacher …

Also found it interesting his ex wife was also placed on leave as well …

Yeah I just read the follow up that he may have been involved with a student who was 17 at the time.

When I read he took his own life it made a person wonder what the heck happened … especially after the vagueness of why he was placed on leave…

Will be interesting to learn more as the pieces are put together.

From everything I read he was a very popular teacher …

Also found it interesting his ex wife was also placed on leave as well …
The ex-wife part is what befuddled me.

He went from a “legend of love and belonging” to a “predator and groomer” in two days.

Probably goes on more than people realize. Even clear back when I was in high school there was a single male teacher everyone was accusing of banging a 17 yr old. They both denied it but she moved in with him after graduation and her 18th birthday.

School board told him to GTFO.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Probably goes on more than people realize. Even clear back when I was in high school there was a single male teacher everyone was accusing of banging a 17 yr old. They both denied it but she moved in with him after graduation and her 18th birthday.

Happened at my school too. Guy was newly married, assistant football coach, driver's ed instructor...and (allegedly) with junior and senior girls. He, too, killed himself.

Happened at my school too. Guy was newly married, assistant football coach, driver's ed instructor...and (allegedly) with junior and senior girls. He, too, killed himself.
Yeah, we had at least 3 instances, all male teacher and female students. 1st instance the teacher got 20 years, the 2nd evidently happened after she turned 18 so nothing was done. The 3rd one, teacher & student eventually married.

The world's way too digital now - not sure how anyone thinks he/she will get away with it.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
He went from a “legend of love and belonging” to a “predator and groomer” in two days.

I learned a new expression today in their Facebook post. “Changes are being made by four femme-bodied alumni…”

Educate me. Who is femme-bodied inclusive of (where some other term wouldn’t be) and why would it be important in this context?

Happened at my school in the early 70's. Wrestling coach had 2 kids in high school and was still banging girls. Parents finally had enough. He'd take them into the back office in his biology room during class and lock the door. You can't make this up. He was fired and the kids revolted.

• Wow
Reactions: ghost80 and GOHOX69
I wonder who will lead the Lil Lebowski Urban Achievers now?
I have several kids that I work with that were part of the program. It's a fantastic group that gave a lot of kids a place to belong where previously there hadn't been one. And the poetry and creativity in the work they produce is incredible. It's really sad that Rollins made some horrible decisions that will tarnish the good he did for a group of kids that needed someone to believe in them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT