ADVERTISEMENT

Weiscamp vs. Zion Williamson

andy1992

HR All-State
Apr 1, 2009
this weekend in Fort Worth. If your a Hawk fan in the Fort Worth Texas area the Barnestormers are playing against Zions team. Guy is unreal and would be worth the trip to watch.

Reactions: mick82
this weekend in Fort Worth. If your a Hawk fan in the Fort Worth Texas area the Barnestormers are playing against Zions team. Guy is unreal and would be worth the trip to watch.
Wieskamp*
Zion Williamson is very good. #1 or 2 in the class of 2018 I believe depending on if they have him or Marvin Bagley at 1

Weiscamp, Nathan Johnson, and Joey Houser will all guard him at some point. Ed Chang is a great shot blocker out of Nebraska but my guess is he should stay out of zions way or get posterized

When did Dominique Wilkins,Shawn Kemp, Larry Johnson and Lebron have a kid???? Good Gosh!!! I think he killed the young man in the camo at the end there.. No doubt he was playing against the middle school after church rec league but his leaping ability athletic is crazy.. He was nailing that Lebron dunk better than Lebron.. I think he might have a future! looks like he'll have his senior year in high school to develop his body and leaping ability!! Good Night! Lol

I think the impressive thing about this kid is that he can dunk with both hands. Yes, the mixtape is against people shorter than him, but it is still impressive when a senior in HS can hit his head on the bottom of the rim. Will be interesting to see what happens to him in college next year against bigger dudes than him and who will actually challenge him.

The big question is have we offered? The even bigger question is who will walk on when he accepts?!

I think the impressive thing about this kid is that he can dunk with both hands. Yes, the mixtape is against people shorter than him, but it is still impressive when a senior in HS can hit his head on the bottom of the rim. Will be interesting to see what happens to him in college next year against bigger dudes than him and who will actually challenge him.

He is going into his Senior year of high school..

For all of you saying he is playing against short little dudes. This guy plays against the best competition every single weekend. He does this against them also. That is why he is ranked 2nd in the country and some argue he should be above Bagley for the number 1 spot.

There were no jump shots. Just dunks against midgets.

That's what I took away from this as well. While he looks really explosive it be interesting to know if he has any post moves. The video only showed a few rebounds, a blocked shot or two and dunks that were replayed 4-5 times. He was really good at finishing alley-oops but then again so was Aaron White. Bad video that only showcases that he could win a dunk contest IMO.

That's what I took away from this as well. While he looks really explosive it be interesting to know if he has any post moves. The video only showed a few rebounds, a blocked shot or two and dunks that were replayed 4-5 times. He was really good at finishing alley-oops but then again so was Aaron White. Bad video that only showcases that he could win a dunk contest IMO.

Yeah, because extreme athleticism like he showed in the video has never translated over to other parts of the game...Obviously the video didn't show you everything but if you don't come away from it thinking that guy is going to be one of the better players in the country I'm thinking you're being very naive. Also he's like 17 years old, he might not have post moves or a jump shot yet, but they will likely come. He hasn't probably needed them yet.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
For all of you saying he is playing against short little dudes. This guy plays against the best competition every single weekend. He does this against them also. That is why he is ranked 2nd in the country and some argue he should be above Bagley for the number 1 spot.

No doubt, but this video is filled with what appears to be his high school competition. His school enrollment is 450, which is very small by Iowa standards so I can't imagine the competition he faced on the video is very good.

You can certainly see how quick and athletic he is with the ball and I understand that translates well to AAU where he continues to dominate kids who are closer to his skill level.

The video reminds me of playing against my little brother and his friends. Just too easy!

Yeah, because extreme athleticism like he showed in the video has never translated over to other parts of the game...Obviously the video didn't show you everything but if you don't come away from it thinking that guy is going to be one of the better players in the country I'm thinking you're being very naive. Also he's like 17 years old, he might not have post moves or a jump shot yet, but they will likely come. He hasn't probably needed them yet.

I'm sure he will be an amazing basketball player but the video does him an injustice by showing nothing but dunks, and against players 6'0" or less. the defenders don't slide their feet at all, they just reach. His game looks like a more athletic Tyler Cook which is impressive in itself.

Why does he need post moves? He is a wing player.

Reactions: ozzyrulz
This kid is drastically better than Tyler Cook, ask Joe Wieskamp. He played with him in Indianapolis freshman year. Wieskamp said he's unguardable, can score from all 3 levels, and just stronger & more athletic than everyone else. He's a one and done lottery pick much like Jaylen Brown.

Reactions: TJHall1
No doubt, but this video is filled with what appears to be his high school competition. His school enrollment is 450, which is very small by Iowa standards so I can't imagine the competition he faced on the video is very good.

You can certainly see how quick and athletic he is with the ball and I understand that translates well to AAU where he continues to dominate kids who are closer to his skill level.

The video reminds me of playing against my little brother and his friends. Just too easy!

If I'm reading things right, the enrollment figure is 3k-12, which I think is preschool (3k being 3 year old preschool). That means the school would be about the same size as a Class 1A school in Iowa. My kids school is 1A and has 455 in K-12, Spartanburg Day (where ZW attends) has at least one and possibly two preschool grades also.

Here, you'll notice he's doing the same sorts of things against bigger, better players on the AAU circuit.

So you are all concerned because it don't show him Rebounding and passing on a highlight video? WTF. Yeah pretty sure there is not a rebound he could have got that would replace the unreal dunks this guy has. This guy is one and done easily and some here are still questioning him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT