ADVERTISEMENT

Weiscamp vs. Zion Williamson

So you are all concerned because it don't show him Rebounding and passing on a highlight video? WTF. Yeah pretty sure there is not a rebound he could have got that would replace the unreal dunks this guy has. This guy is one and done easily and some here are still questioning him.

I've seen, read and heard enough to know that I'd host a party if he picked Iowa. Dude is the real deal.

People fail to realize that he only dunks against the HS teams he plays is because he doesn't have to shoot. If I could beat everyone I play against off the bounce and dunk, I would. I'd never shoot a jumper.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
If I'm reading things right, the enrollment figure is 3k-12, which I think is preschool (3k being 3 year old preschool). That means the school would be about the same size as a Class 1A school in Iowa. My kids school is 1A and has 455 in K-12, Spartanburg Day (where ZW attends) has at least one and possibly two preschool grades also.

30 kids/grade is small even by Iowa standards

Reactions: iamia
30 kids/grade is small even by Iowa standards

Yep, every school in 1A is small, and many/most are at or below 30 kids per grade. My twins are 2 of 32 in their class.

I have no idea how big the schools ZW's HS team plays. I know there was someone saying Garza's school was small so their competition wasn't up to standards. The conference he plays in was really good, same might hold for ZW.

Yep, every school in 1A is small, and many/most are at or below 30 kids per grade. My twins are 2 of 32 in their class.

I have no idea how big the schools ZW's HS team plays. I know there was someone saying Garza's school was small so their competition wasn't up to standards. The conference he plays in was really good, same might hold for ZW.

The HS my sister graduated from is 1A and her class had 68 and that's on the small side for the school

The HS my sister graduated from is 1A and her class had 68 and that's on the small side for the school

68 would put their BEDS around 200ish. I don't know what the cutoff is for girls, so it's possible they are 1A in some girls sports. Its also possible they are 1A in football, but for basketball that enrollment would put them 2A.

I know South Hamilton has a BEDS of like 170 and they are 2A. Colfax mingo is around 150 and are 1A. Our BEDS is 104 and there are something like 50 schools smaller than us. Grand View Christian won the 1A state title in basketball and has a BEDS of like 60.

BEDS counts 9-11th, so 104 would be about 34-35 kids per class.

The kid is for real! He reminds me of Dominique Wilkins. One of the greatest dunkers ever!
I look forward to watching him against better competition. He's a one and done for sure.

I still think NBA should lower the age back to 18.
It's killing the college game. Calipari would actually have to coach, instead of having his new NBA
roster every year.

Reactions: unIowa
Zion is a GREAT player and all...but if the team he is on is awful. If the Barnstormers don't win that game going away, I will be shocked!!!!

Just a preview for tomorrows game. Barnstormers are 3-0 this weekend, beating Team Lillard, Team Hardin, and Colorado Hawks.

Wieskamp's numbers in the 3 games.

22-37 FG's 59.5%
8-17 3's 47.1%
8-9 FT's 88.9%
60 pts. 20.0 ppg
16 rbs. 5.3 rpg

Zion Williamson only played in 1st two games DNP in third game, which is the only game his SC Supreme has won (beat Team Hardin)

Williamson's numbers in the 2 games (both losses to Twenty Two Vision and Colorado Hawks)

18-32 FG's 56.3%
1-7 3's 14.3%
5-12 FT's 41.7%
42 pts. 21.0 ppg
13 rbs. 6.5 rpg

Just a preview for tomorrows game. Barnstormers are 3-0 this weekend, beating Team Lillard, Team Hardin, and Colorado Hawks.

22-37 FG's 59.5%
8-17 3's 47.1%
8-9 FT's 88.9%
60 pts. 20.0 ppg
16 rbs. 5.3 rpg

Zion Williamson only played in 1st two games DNP in third game, which is the only game his SC Supreme has won (beat Team Hardin)

Williamson's numbers in the 2 games (both losses to Twenty Two Vision and Colorado Hawks)

18-32 FG's 56.3%
1-7 3's 14.3%
5-12 FT's 41.7%
42 pts. 21.0 ppg
13 rbs. 6.5 rpg

From what I have heard about this kid....this is the thing that will kill him!(see highlighted above). He also believes he can block every single shot, which = bunch of fouls! Granted...the kid is electric scoring at the rim, but if that is all you can do against the level of competition he plays right now....not impressed. Got dudes that are as physical as him on every college team in the country.

22-37 FG's 59.5%
8-17 3's 47.1%
8-9 FT's 88.9%
60 pts. 20.0 ppg
16 rbs. 5.3 rpg

18-32 FG's 56.3%
1-7 3's 14.3%
5-12 FT's 41.7%
42 pts. 21.0 ppg
13 rbs. 6.5 rpg

How did the Barnstormers finish?

I wonder how different peoples opinions would be if he were an Iowa recruit.

Nitpicking the guy is a pathetic look IMO.

As I said earlier, if Iowa got a commitment, I'd throw a party. Well, not really because that's kind of creepy, but I'd be really excited.

I wonder how different peoples opinions would be if he were an Iowa recruit.

Nitpicking the guy is a pathetic look IMO.
I don't think anyone is questioning his athletic ability. They just want to see more of a all-around game vs tougher competition. Is that too much to ask?

• Haha
Reactions: TJHall1
I don't think anyone is questioning his athletic ability. They just want to see more of a all-around game vs tougher competition. Is that too much to ask?

His shot needs to keep improving but he it is getting more consistent. If watch film of the kid you can tell he can pass and his handles are improving. He is really hard to stop driving to the basket. I imagine he will spend a lot of time at the FT line in his one year in college. Also, he plays against top competition during AAU.

His shot needs to keep improving but he it is getting more consistent. If watch film of the kid you can tell he can pass and his handles are improving. He is really hard to stop driving to the basket. I imagine he will spend a lot of time at the FT line in his one year in college. Also, he plays against top competition during AAU.
You have to admit, people get carried away with these guys who are great dunkers. People still talk about Sir Jamelot with reverence, and yes his cartwheel dunk was ridiculous, but Gerry was just an average basketball player.
While its true this young man may become a better shooter, and markedly better at the free throw line, or he may not. See plenty of college and pro players who are lucky to shoot 50% from the free throw line. and are not good shooters. It all depends on the young mans work effort, and how bad he wants to get better at his weak areas. Probably the one thing that always impressed me about Michael Jorden, was every year in the NBA, he picked something to get better at every off season. Many of these kids are so coddled from the time their young, that they don't they need to work that hard until the day comes that they are no longer the dominate player on the court, and they have a lot of catching up to do.

You have to admit, people get carried away with these guys who are great dunkers. People still talk about Sir Jamelot with reverence, and yes his cartwheel dunk was ridiculous, but Gerry was just an average basketball player.
While its true this young man may become a better shooter, and markedly better at the free throw line, or he may not. See plenty of college and pro players who are lucky to shoot 50% from the free throw line. and are not good shooters. It all depends on the young mans work effort, and how bad he wants to get better at his weak areas. Probably the one thing that always impressed me about Michael Jorden, was every year in the NBA, he picked something to get better at every off season. Many of these kids are so coddled from the time their young, that they don't they need to work that hard until the day comes that they are no longer the dominate player on the court, and they have a lot of catching up to do.

He shot something like 67% this season from the FT line and about 30% from 3.

He's 16 or 17 years old. You can make someone a better shooter, but you can't teach those athletic skills. Hell, even Lebron James never developed a super reliable jump shot, and he seemed to work out just fine.

Reactions: badben44

But again, until people see him play multiple full games instead of just a few highlights, how can people judge what his game is. I guarantee you he's not the #1-2 ranked player in the country purely because he can dunk. The people doing the ratings have seen his game and what he can do on the court.

Thought you guys might be interested..

I honestly hope no one actually thought this 16 yr was ranked #2 in the nation just because he can dunk good! lol I mean most of his highlights contain dunks because they are HIGHLIGHTS and well he's just a freak when it comes to doing dunk contest dunks during his games and can jump out of them gym..

Reactions: SSG T and David1979
The kid is for real! He reminds me of Dominique Wilkins. One of the greatest dunkers ever!
I look forward to watching him against better competition. He's a one and done for sure.

I still think NBA should lower the age back to 18.
It's killing the college game. Calipari would actually have to coach, instead of having his new NBA
roster every year.
These kids don't have to be coached in college? Weird that Kentucky and Duke get the best ratings considering they're ruining the game, well Kentucky is ruining the game because Dukes one and dones will never be an issue.

Reactions: David1979
From what I have heard about this kid....this is the thing that will kill him!(see highlighted above). He also believes he can block every single shot, which = bunch of fouls! Granted...the kid is electric scoring at the rim, but if that is all you can do against the level of competition he plays right now....not impressed. Got dudes that are as physical as him on every college team in the country.
Uh, not impressed? This kid is clearly amazing. Handles and power. Agree that first video showed a lot of dunking but he did do some work down there. Looks like a more coordinated Javale McGee. Just throw it up there he will find it. Pretty nasty first step for a guy his size tbh.

Reactions: MagicCoach

Duke, Coach K, and about every person who has ever watched a basketball game disagrees with you.

They had Zion’s game on ESPN against Chino Hills (the Balls former HS).. It never looked like he actually ran at full speed & he can do everything at a well above average level, super duper finisher with both hands at the rim and super smart and great court awareness.. he’s on another level than what Joe is on. And joe is a really really good high school basketball player..

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
ADVERTISEMENT