ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Nebraska Fans!

If the Hawkeyes aren’t worthy of being your rival why is there a 5 page thread and counting on your board bashing everything Iowa.
Nebraska fans are the most arrogant fans in the nation hands down!
Meh, Nebraska for 3 decades was what Alabama and Georgia are now, and as fans we behave accordingly. Iowa fans would be as bad or worse with a fraction of the success. Damn you all are nationally recognized as pretty bad now without any real success.

Often called the greatest fans in all of college football by commentators during broadcasts. Just ask them and they will tell you they are of this self proclaimed title.
FIFY. We don’t control the national media perception of us. Iowa fans didn’t do themselves any favors with their extremely poor behavior after the loss to Nebraska at Kinnick last season…..

• Haha
Reactions: jonesy5960
Meh, Nebraska for 3 decades was what Alabama and Georgia are now, and as fans we behave accordingly. Iowa fans would be as bad or worse with a fraction of the success. Damn you all are nationally recognized as pretty bad now without any real success.
Nebraska’s best team would get their a$$ kicked by both Alabama and Georgia. Hold tight to those mythical national titles since you’ll NEVER get another one.

Nebraska’s best team would get their a$$ kicked by both Alabama and Georgia. Hold tight to those mythical national titles since you’ll NEVER get another one.
There’s the Iowa fan jealously shining through, kudos. It must suck to have never witnessed your team finish in the top 5 much less win any type of national championship.

• Haha
I believe it. The big ten west isn't top tier. Some solid programs with decent results. Iowa has finished in the top 10 about 5 times I believe. Not bad. National Championships are hard to come by. Impressive what Nebraska did in the 90s no doubt, and something tells me had Hayden Fry pulled that off we'd still be talking about it as well. It was a long time ago and college football is nothing like it was in the 90s.

There’s the Iowa fan jealously shining through, kudos. It must suck to have never witnessed your team finish in the top 5 much less win any type of national championship.
Mississippi States fans were horrible and O$U sucks but the absolute fantasy world some (a large amount, really) of your fans live in is amazing. The crap that comes from that base when you’re consistently going 4-8 is comical
Yes you beat us this year. If you all are that proud of beating that Iowa team you need to reset your bar.

Lol….although not elite 2002-2014 wasn’t too shabby. 30-35 year olds would remember Nebraska’s greatness. An Iowa fan would have to be at least 70 to remember Iowa’s last top 5 finish.
Lol…Iowa finished #8 in 2002, 2003, and 2004; #7 in 2009, and #9 in 2015, so they’ve had some decent top 10 seasons in last 20 years.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkedUpOnMyself
Sorry, as a whole we’re no more delusional than most Iowa fans, it’s just that many of us have witnessed Nebraska at the highest level for a long time while you don’t have the same experience watching Iowa.
With your incessant idiotic posting, I picture you as this….

th

Lol…Iowa finished #8 in 2002, 2003, and 2004; #7 in 2009, and #9 in 2015, so they’ve had some decent top 10 seasons in last 20 years.
I don’t think anyone is arguing that Iowa is not an average to above average team most seasons in the Ferentz era with the occasional top ten finish. Imagine all the times Iowa won or shared the conference title and didn’t finish in the top 5, that means as a winner or partial winner of a P5 conference Iowa hasn’t finished in the top 5 in 60 plus years.

I don’t think anyone is arguing that Iowa is not an average to above average team most seasons in the Ferentz era with the occasional top ten finish. Imagine all the times Iowa won or shared the conference title and didn’t finish in the top 5, that means as a winner or partial winner of a P5 conference Iowa hasn’t finished in the top 5 in 60 plus years.
You too…

th

Oh, that’s right, you have a second account to post. Good one.

Those were good seasons but he was right with his statement about top 5 finishes

I will clue you people in, when you have to disparage the legitimate accomplishments of another team instead of arguing based on the accomplishments of your own team, you’ve already lost the argument.

• Haha
How many top 5 finishes has Nebraska had in those 20 years? How many top 10 finishes?
No team currently in the big ten west has finished in the top 5 in the previous 20 years. Iowa has been vastly superior to Nebraska 2015-2021……Nebraska vastly superior, including head to head from
1962-2014.

• Haha
Why do you care?

Why not? I like college football, the history of it, and I appreciate accurate information being posted. His post was pretty spot on. I suppose one could be 68 to remember the last top 5 finish.

As far as asking why you responded to your own question, I guess it just seemed a bit bizarre that you quoted and answered your own post.

Why are you so worked up about it?

Last edited:
That’s exactly what I think many mis-informed Nebraska fans are saying, i.e., that Iowa football sucks:(

I will clue you people in, when you have to disparage the legitimate accomplishments of another team instead of arguing based on the accomplishments of your own team, you’ve already lost the argument.
I will “clue you in” to message boards where people express their opinions/views. Mine is that Nebraska’s old Big 8 conference schedule, combined with other factors such as steroid use, prop 48 recruits, and lax disciplinary actions for renegade players all combined to help inflate the Huskers historical record. I don’t care if you agree with that take.

Correct, but as pointed out in this thread, no Big 10 West teams, including Nebraska, has finished in top 5 nationally in recent history. So, why “pick on” Iowa, unless trolling?

He probably is trolling. But he’s right unfortunately

That goes both ways though because you all brag about beating Nebraska's worst teams over the past several years. Just stating a fact.
We bragged the first 2-3 years, by years 4, 5, 6 and 7 it was expected.

It’s quite hilarious though all the Nebraska fans showed up this year to the boards. Congrats, they finally won. And suspect this is about the only board you can run to this year.

If the Hawkeyes aren’t worthy of being your rival why is there a 5 page thread and counting on your board bashing everything Iowa.
—used to express solemn ratification (as of an expression of faith) or hearty approval (as of an assertion)

• Haha
Reactions: HawkedUpOnMyself
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT