ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Nebraska Fans!

Maybe there’ll be a 30/30 about the racism scandal at Iowa that won’t get aired and then husker fans can speculate with no proof needed as to why it wasn’t aired. Keep spouting your unsubstantiated opinions, I enjoy shooting them all down.

Here’s what came up when I googled Iowa drug scandal:

“Iowa Football Scandal and the 10 Worst Drug-Related Disgraces in Sports”​

https://syndication.bleacherreport....rst-drug-related-disgraces-in-sports.amp.html
Google Nebraska Football steroid scandal. Try and shoot that down.

I think it might be because Nebraska guy was acting like Iowa had a nice little run from 2015 to now but nothing else. And I think it is also relevant since it's the same coach with sustained success and is tied to more recent winning seasons (jmo)
4 years in the 2000s and 2015-2022 was Iowa’s nice little run and they were better. Nebraska owned the head to head through 2014 and owns a double digit lead in the series. No other fan base views iowa football like iowa fans do. Why isn’t having a solid, consistent program good enough?? I realize Iowa will probably never reach the heights that husker football did, but that shouldn’t bother you. You can’t have it both ways, we get to go back 20 years, but you can’t go back 25, that’s just hypocritical nonsense.

Reactions: HateBigBroHuskers
4 years in the 2000s and 2015-2022 was Iowa’s nice little run and they were better. Nebraska owned the head to head through 2014 and owns a double digit lead in the series. No other fan base views iowa football like iowa fans do. Why isn’t having a solid, consistent program good enough?? I realize Iowa will probably never reach the heights that husker football did, but that shouldn’t bother you. You can’t have it both ways, we get to go back 20 years, but you can’t go back 25, that’s just hypocritical nonsense.
I said earlier had Hayden pulled off what Nebraska did I'd still be talking about it. But I also feel like its an interesting discussion because Nebraska's success (while impressive) was in a different conference in a very different time. They've been pretty crappy for the last decade and mostly irrelevant since they joined the Big Ten. No offense or anything, it's just that they haven't handled the transition well. Maybe Hayden would have dominated the big 12 back in the day? Who knows?

Maybe there’ll be a 30/30 about the racism scandal at Iowa that won’t get aired and then husker fans can speculate with no proof needed as to why it wasn’t aired. Keep spouting your unsubstantiated opinions, I enjoy shooting them all down.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....rst-drug-related-disgraces-in-sports.amp.html
Believe what you want, but you can certainly Google the Nebraska 30 for 30 show to learn more of the background info.

I said earlier had Hayden pulled off what Nebraska did I'd still be talking about it. But I also feel like it’s an interesting discussion because Nebraska's success (while impressive) was in a different conference in a very different time. They've been pretty crappy for the last decade and mostly irrelevant since they joined the Big Ten. No offense or anything, it's just that they haven't handled the transition well. Maybe Hayden would have dominated the big 12 back in the day? Who knows?

Hayden Fry was a great coach with a phenomenal coaching tree and I agree, it’s certainly possible he could have dominated the Big12 coaching Nebraska back in the day, Nebraska had iconic players all over the field on both sides of the ball, heck Frank Solich had success coaching Nebraska’s players, it’s a silly exercise, but yes, who knows??

Believe what you want, but you can certainly Google the Nebraska 30 for 30 show to learn more of the background info.
You can certainly google “hawkeye racism scandal”, “Victims mother believes Ferentz attempted to cover up her daughter’s assault by a hawkeye football player” or “Iowa drug scandal”. What part of “every top 30 team, which includes iowa (granted, barely), has scandals and controversies their fans aren’t or shouldn’t be proud of” do you not understand???? Your program is not any better or worse. I understand, you need an excuse to explain away Nebraska’s stellar football history in light of iowa’s rather pedestrian existence. I get it.

Iowa has been better than Nebraska on the field 11 seasons out of the last 22, that’s an accomplishment, be proud, just understand no other fan base thinks about Iowa football like Iowa fans do, your team is nothing special to anyone outside of Iowa. If you can wrap your mind around that fact, you’ll be a happier fan. Believe me, other than all the offseason college football “best teams of all time” rankings and articles that inevitably include Nebraska and come out this time of year, I understand that Nebraska football isn’t anything special to anyone outside Nebraska and Iowa.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Hayden Fry was a great coach with a phenomenal coaching tree and I agree, it’s certainly possible he could have dominated the Big12 coaching Nebraska back in the day, Nebraska had iconic players all over the field on both sides of the ball, heck Frank Solich had success coaching Nebraska’s players, it’s a silly exercise, but yes, who knows??

You can certainly google “hawkeye racism scandal”, “Victims mother believes Ferentz attempted to cover up her daughter’s assault by a hawkeye football player” or “Iowa drug scandal”. What part of “every top 30 team, which includes iowa (granted, barely), has scandals and controversies their fans aren’t or shouldn’t be proud of” do you not understand???? Your program is not any better or worse. I understand, you need an excuse to explain away Nebraska’s stellar football history in light of iowa’s rather pedestrian existence. I get it.

Iowa has been better than Nebraska on the field 11 seasons out of the last 22, that’s an accomplishment, be proud, just understand no other fan base thinks about Iowa football like Iowa fans do, your team is nothing special to anyone outside of Iowa. If you can wrap your mind around that fact, you’ll be a happier fan. Believe me, other than all the offseason college football “best teams of all time” rankings and articles that inevitably include Nebraska and come out this time of year, I understand that Nebraska football isn’t anything special to anyone outside Nebraska and Iowa.
Iowa football certainly appears special to you.

He wouldn't have even bothered to Google it if there wasn't an attention starved, Husker beta, whining on an IOWA BOARD.

As often as you've been completely power owned, banned and otherwise dismissed over the years, Rubbie, you'd think you'd get it by now.

Iowa fans are just better than you at life.

Iowa football certainly appears special to you.
You lost????bbbbbwwwwwaaaaaaa

High school home board worthy.

You're out of your league here too short stuff.
I did a search for the handle you keep referencing and didn’t find anything, did he turn you in to the authorities for banging your daughter or something? You seem really pissed and lost, according to my search you haven’t posted on this board in a long time, apparently, like in all areas of your life, no one here values your opinion or posts. Were you the guy with the woman in the Iowa stocking cap yelling at the husker players and trying to wrestle the trophy away at Kinnick last season? I bet that was you.

• Wow
I did a search for the handle you keep referencing and didn’t find anything, did he turn you in to the authorities for banging your daughter or something? You seem really pissed and lost, according to my search you haven’t posted on this board in a long time, apparently, like in all areas of your life, no one here values your opinion or posts. Were you the guy with the woman in the Iowa stocking cap yelling at the husker players and trying to wrestle the trophy away at Kinnick last season? I bet that was you.
Keep at it.

The board MIGHT start to believe you're "totally not @Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus, @HateBigBroHuskers, @HawkedUpOnMyself etc etc etc etc"

BTW- what happened to the "civil discourse" you complained about not having earlier?

Actually we all knew you'd decompensate into your typical drivel.

Keep at it.

The board MIGHT start to believe you're "totally not @Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus, @HateBigBroHuskers, @HawkedUpOnMyself etc etc etc etc"

BTW- what happened to the "civil discourse" you complained about not having earlier?

Actually we all knew you'd decompensate into your typical drivel.
Damn, what did that guy do to ruin you so completely, turn you in to the authorities for unnatural acts with your pet pig?

Look up total wins. Minnesota is not close. If Nebraska continues on the recent trajectory they will lose status in 20 years. Top 10 in wins, win percent and 5 NCs in the last 50 years. Don’t let it bother you it’s not that big a deal.
The blue blood argument is perhaps the dumbest argument in all of the sports. All it means is whether you can recruit on name alone or not.

They haven’t cracked the top 15 in recruiting since 2005 when they were 8th. Guess what, Iowa had the 6th rated class that year. That’s how long it’s been since you’ve been a “blue blood”. Show me one other blue blood that has had that long of a recruiting drought?

Blueblood is literally an accumulation of stats over time and is directly related to the history of a program, from the early 60s through 2014 you’d be hard pressed to find a better run than Nebraska’s plus having 10% of the NCs the past 50 seasons, it’s not a disagree or agree situation and it’s not that big a deal. Iowa has been slightly more relevant than Nebraska since 2015 with absolutely nothing on a national scale to show for it. Congratulations to Iowa fans for having a slightly more relevant program for a single decade.

Solich was fired because the AD at the time didn’t think he could recruit and wanted to pick his own guy but Solich should’ve been given more time, Callahan was a bad cultural fit, Pelini is/was a hothead and if he could’ve got it under control at least off the field he’d still be at Nebraska and Nebraska made the right decision as no other P5 program is/was interested in hiring Pelini, Riley was a mistake Nebraska fans saw from day one and Frost was a mistake no unbiased fan saw coming. Rhule too early to tell, I stopped drinking the off season koolaid after the 2019 season.

It would be best for iowa fans to keep focus on facts and not unsubstantiated opinions of what they think goes on in Lincoln. Every program considered a top 30 program has skeletons and issues their fans aren’t or shouldn’t be proud of, including the Iowa program.
Careful your intelligence is showing. You can’t “literally” define something that is completely subjective.

The blue blood argument is perhaps the dumbest argument in all of the sports. All it means is whether you can recruit on name alone or not.

They haven’t cracked the top 15 in recruiting since 2005 when they were 8th. Guess what, Iowa had the 6th rated class that year. That’s how long it’s been since you’ve been a “blue blood”. Show me one other blue blood that has had that long of a recruiting drought?

I understand, you need an excuse to explain away Nebraska’s stellar football history in light of iowa’s rather pedestrian existence. I get it.

Careful your intelligence is showing. You can’t “literally” define something that is completely subjective.
It’s not subjective. It’s an accumulation of wins, win percent and AP/Coaches/BCS/CFP NCs won. The only part of it that’s subjective is where to draw the line. I’m fine with the fact that Nebraska is at worst 8th on the list with 10% of the legit NCs won in the past 50 years. I’ll stop using the word blueblood and just post “top 8 all time team” if that makes you feel better.

Just kidding, I’m going to continue using the term blueblood.

Here it comes!!!

He/she starts to get vile before the inevitable meltdown and getting shown the door!
You still lost??? Bbbbwwwwaaaaaa

Damn, what did that guy do to ruin you so completely, turn you in to the authorities for unnatural acts with your sister? Oh wait, that’s probably legal in iowa. Nm.

I understand, you need an excuse to explain away Nebraska’s stellar football history in light of iowa’s rather pedestrian existence. I get it.

It’s not subjective. It’s an accumulation of wins, win percent and AP/Coaches/BCS/CFP NCs won. The only part of it that’s subjective is where to draw the line. I’m fine with the fact that Nebraska is at worst 8th on the list with 10% of the legit NCs won in the past 50 years. I’ll stop using the word blueblood and just post “top 8 all time team” if that makes you feel better.

Just kidding, I’m going to continue using the term blueblood.
I say again, show me one other blue blood that’s recruited at that mediocre of a level the last 15 to 20 years?

So you’re a “Nebraska is a top 8 all time team” guy instead of a “Nebraska is a blueblood” guy. Cool. The wording isn’t that big a deal. It’s hilarious that the term bothers most Iowa fans.
What's up emojiboy? So, you've posted under 5 different usernames in this one thread alone over the past 3 days. Is it fair to say that your life pretty much revolves around us? Do you have any other interests? Are we all you have?

To

Nice drug scandal mention. Top 10 has no mention of any Hawkeyes but they do have Nebraska! Lol. Way to prove a point. Lmao. Also former players have come out multiple times and taljed about nebbys drug use culture.

Are all of these nebraska dudes just here because they've been shouted down by the sane people on their own board? I for one think it was very generous of @Razorhawk2 to provide them an outlet.
Started this thread to prove Nebraska fans view this board. On their board they say they don’t. If Iowa is insignificant and not viewed as a rival why are they here?

In the last 21 years Nebraska has,been rated in the top 20 only 3 times. 14th, 19th, and 20th. During that same time Iowa has been rated in the top 10 five times much less all the other seasons Iowa was rated in the 11-20 range. 30 years ago Nebraska had some great teams. Especially the 95 team. Plus the very real tragedy of the QB being killed in an accident. But anyway, that's the difference in programs. And I've said before i think Rhule might be a very good hire.

Besides all the mud slinging this is kind of an interesting topic. I looked up some articles on blue bloods, and there are quite a few that still mention Nebraska, and a few others that didn't. Also surprised that Miami won 5 national championships in the last 40 years (last one being in 2001).

There is no doubt that Nebraska had quite a run. I really do believe that this new era of college football (NIL, expanded playoffs, new conference deals, etc), will begin to shape and solidify the top tier.

That's probably my argument against Nebraska. If the new coach doesn't elevate the program in the next 5-10 years, then they will get buried for good by the current blue bloods that were traditionally great but also still relevant (Alabama, Ohio State, etc), and the new ones that will sneak in like Clemson and others. You have to do well to remain somewhat relevant, even if not championships, you have to have a respectable program so they can keep telling your story.

Besides all the mud slinging this is kind of an interesting topic. I looked up some articles on blue bloods, and there are quite a few that still mention Nebraska, and a few others that didn't. Also surprised that Miami won 5 national championships in the last 40 years (last one being in 2001).

There is no doubt that Nebraska had quite a run. I really do believe that this new era of college football (NIL, expanded playoffs, new conference deals, etc), will begin to shape and solidify the top tier.

That's probably my argument against Nebraska. If the new coach doesn't elevate the program in the next 5-10 years, then they will get buried for good by the current blue bloods that were traditionally great but also still relevant (Alabama, Ohio State, etc), and the new ones that will sneak in like Clemson and others. You have to do well to remain somewhat relevant, even if not championships, you have to have a respectable program so they can keep telling your story.
I agree completely. That's why i don't consider nebby a blue blood. Over 20 years and only rated at the end if the year 3 times. They were a blue blood 30 years ago or even 25 or so. I just think that it has been so long since the days of Nebraska being a relevant program that the title of blue blood has passed them by. If Rhule turns the program around though they could reclaim that standing. It might take a decade of success or maybe even a 5 or 6 year stretch could do it.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeRealist
In the last 21 years Nebraska has,been rated in the top 20 only 3 times. 14th, 19th, and 20th. During that same time Iowa has been rated in the top 10 five times much less all the other seasons Iowa was rated in the 11-20 range. 30 years ago Nebraska had some great teams. Especially the 95 team. Plus the very real tragedy of the QB being killed in an accident. But anyway, that's the difference in programs. And I've said before i think Rhule might be a very good hire.

I agree completely. That's why i don't consider nebby a blue blood. Over 20 years and only rated at the end if the year 3 times. They were a blue blood 30 years ago or even 25 or so. I just think that it has been so long since the days of Nebraska being a relevant program that the title of blue blood has passed them by. If Rhule turns the program around though they could reclaim that standing. It might take a decade of success or maybe even a 5 or 6 year stretch could do it.
So you guys are “Nebraska is a top 8 all time team” guys instead of “Nebraska is a blueblood” guys. Cool. The wording isn’t that big a deal. It’s hilarious that the term bothers most Iowa fans.

I understand, you need excuses to explain away Nebraska’s stellar football history in light of iowa’s rather pedestrian existence. I get it.

So you guys are “Nebraska is a top 8 all time team” guys instead of “Nebraska is a blueblood” guys. Cool. The wording isn’t that big a deal. It’s hilarious that the term bothers most Iowa fans.

I understand, you need excuses to explain away Nebraska’s stellar football history in light of iowa’s rather pedestrian existence. I get it.
Dang man, easy does it. I wouldn't consider them a top 8 or a blue blood. My posts have been pretty consistent throughout this thread. I totally give Nebraska credit for the storied program of the 20 century. I would probably still hold on to those titles from the 90s had it been Iowa. But at some point in time perceptions change. Nebraska has done very little to enhance their brand since they joined the big ten.

If Nebraska goes on a tear and competes with Ohio State, Michigan and USC for championships the next 5-10 years, I"m sure Nebraska will get some of that status back no doubt. And I would rather see that than see Wisconsin take the next step.

Dang man, easy does it. I wouldn't consider them a top 8 or a blue blood. My posts have been pretty consistent throughout this thread. I totally give Nebraska credit for the storied program of the 20 century. I would probably still hold on to those titles from the 90s had it been Iowa. But at some point in time perceptions change. Nebraska has done very little to enhance their brand since they joined the big ten.

If Nebraska goes on a tear and competes with Ohio State, Michigan and USC for championships the next 5-10 years, I"m sure Nebraska will get some of that status back no doubt. And I would rather see that than see Wisconsin take the next step.
Oh, maybe you don’t understand how this works, see you look up all time wins, win percent and NCs won (10% won by Nebraska in previous 50 years) then you list the teams highest to lowest. Nebraska is a top 8 all time team based on any ranking you look up on line. It’s not open for interpretation, I get it, you don’t like the term blueblood, that’s just part of being an Iowa fan, you’re not going to argue the all time facts are you??? It’s an all time fact based ranking.

I hsve no problem with Nebraska’s history. Iowa had a Heisman trophy winner and a couple national championships. My thing is that Nebraska’s been irrelevant for longer than their players and recruits have been alive. I'm old enough to remember Nebraska’s good years and happily say they had some incredible teams. I've also had some nice times tailgating with Nebraska fans. I'll just take issue with the perception of Nebraska’s program by those not Nebraska fans. It's a completely different outlook. What i don't appreciate is nebby fans on here being unable to actually talk about football. I'd much rather hear about the new hires and nebby fans initial takes. Who they think might have an edge or rankings in the big west for next year as it's the last year of divisions. But after constantly being degraded by fans who are always here and in every thread it gets old. I don't mind talking football history either. But i am an Iowa fan on an Iowa football forum so don't really want to be insulted constantly. It gets tiresome. And Iowa fans are as hard on their own program so we don't need to be harassed by nebby fans talking nonsense. I don't get nebbys obsession with Iowa. I have no obsession with nebby at all. They are just another team in the big. But i do spend my time on the last 20 years at the longest. The last 5 the most. I would never have guessed that nebby would be ranked that high in wins over the last 50 years, especially considering the last 21.

Oh, maybe you don’t understand how this works, see you look up all time wins, win percent and NCs (won 10% won by Nebraska in previous 50 years) then you list the teams highest to lowest. Nebraska is a top 8 all time team based on any ranking you look up on line. It’s not open for interpretation, I get it, you don’t like the term blueblood, that’s just part of being an Iowa fan, you’re not going to argue the all time facts are you??? That would just make you ignorant.
That's not my argument at all. I personally don't really care about the past 50 years.

• Haha
I hsve no problem with Nebraska’s history. Iowa had a Heisman trophy winner and a couple national championships. My thing is that Nebraska’s been irrelevant for longer than their players and recruits have been alive. I'm old enough to remember Nebraska’s good years and happily say they had some incredible teams. I've also had some nice times tailgating with Nebraska fans. I'll just take issue with the perception of Nebraska’s program by those not Nebraska fans. It's a completely different outlook. What i don't appreciate is nebby fans on here being unable to actually talk about football. I'd much rather hear about the new hires and nebby fans initial takes. Who they think might have an edge or rankings in the big west for next year as it's the last year of divisions. But after constantly being degraded by fans who are always here and in every thread it gets old. I don't mind talking football history either. But i am an Iowa fan on an Iowa football forum so don't really want to be insulted constantly. It gets tiresome. And Iowa fans are as hard on their own program so we don't need to be harassed by nebby fans talking nonsense. I don't get nebbys obsession with Iowa. I have no obsession with nebby at all. They are just another team in the big. But i do spend my time on the last 20 years at the longest. The last 5 the most.
The thread title is “welcome Nebraska fans” and so if you don’t want Nebraska fans here, don’t invite them and you do not need to participate in this thread. I only respond with insults when insulted first. I do not discount what Iowa football is or was and I will correct Iowa fans that spout off unsubstantiated, biased opinions that do not have any factual basis.

That's not my argument at all. I personally don't really care about the past 50 years.
The argument you interrupted was about the term blueblood. The term blueblood is strictly a historical ranking of teams based on wins, win percent and legit NCs won, so if you don’t care, don’t respond. Iowa has been slightly more relevant than Nebraska since 2015, congrats on that, but neither has been nationally relevant in many years.

The thread title is “welcome Nebraska fans” and so if you don’t want Nebraska fans here, don’t invite them and you do not need to participate in this thread. I only respond with insults when insulted first. I do not discount what Iowa football is or was and I will correct Iowa fans that spout off unsubstantiated, biased opinions that do not have any factual basis.
Well i actually tried repeatedly to get into a conversation about the new coaching hire, Solich who i liked and thought he could have had a little more time, portal players, expectations for next season, etc. I'd much rather talk football than trade insults but have been continuously insulted anyway. So i probably shouldn't have devolved into trading insults but as you do, i respond as approached. I have had good experiences with Nebraska fans, Maryland, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and even Minnesota fans. Oh and Rutgers were some really nice fans as well. Not sure why that surprised me so much, lol.

The argument you interrupted was about the term blueblood. The term blueblood is strictly a historical ranking of teams based on wins, win percent and legit NCs won, so if you don’t care, don’t respond. Iowa has been slightly more relevant than Nebraska since 2015, congrats on that, but neither has been nationally relevant in many years.
Sure, if that's the definition that that's fine. I thought it was an interesting discussion so I wanted to get in. Plus, what else is there to talk about until signing day and spring ball? When I hear the term blue blood used in football, I think of more relevant teams is all and it's been fun to read everyone's take on it.

Sure, if that's the definition that that's fine. I thought it was an interesting discussion so I wanted to get in. Plus, what else is there to talk about until signing day and spring ball? When I hear the term blue blood used in football, I think of more relevant teams is all and it's been fun to read everyone's take on it.
Would you consider Michigan and Penn State blue blood programs? Just curious.

• Haha
Would you consider Michigan and Penn State blue blood programs? Just curious.
That's a great question. Michigan is just getting back to form again and Penn State has been solid since joining the big ten. Prior to the past couple of years I thought Michigan was losing their status as a power.

Penn State has taken Ohio State and Michigan to task and has won some Big Ten titles recently. Both very good programs and respectable teams in the new era, and I think they've both established themselves as powers for the foreseeable future. I'm sure they'll both be in the top 10 preseason polls this year.

That's a great question. Michigan is just getting back to form again and Penn State has been solid since joining the big ten. Prior to the past couple of years I thought Michigan was losing their status as a power.

Penn State has taken Ohio State and Michigan to task and has won some Big Ten titles recently. Both very good programs and respectable teams in the new era, and I think they've both established themselves as powers for the foreseeable future. I'm sure they'll both be in the top 10 preseason polls this year.
I was surprised at how good Penn States recruiting class was for 23. 2nd in the big is really good but they weren't that far behind the Buckeyes. It will be interesting to see if Harbaugh stays and how both teams do going forward over the next few years.

Why does it bother you that so many Iowa fans and even many non-Iowa fans think Nebraska is no longer a “blue blood” program?

Oh, maybe you don’t understand how this works, see you look up all time wins, win percent and NCs won (10% won by Nebraska in previous 50 years) then you list the teams highest to lowest. Nebraska is a top 8 all time team based on any ranking you look up on line. It’s not open for interpretation, I get it, you don’t like the term blueblood, that’s just part of being an Iowa fan, you’re not going to argue the all time facts are you??? It’s an all time fact based ranking.
However, Nebraska’s all-time win totals are certainly padded by playing in the weak Big 8 all those years when they only had to gear up for an annual Oklahoma match up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT