Welcome to Alabama: the Back Alley State

mstp1992

HR Legend
Dec 10, 2011
Cedar Rapids -- Iowa City
faseb.org
D6n1WxfW4AAiKrG.jpg

XW0KTcz.png

Alabama is a poor state with minimal agricultural or productive capacity, trying to operate within it's means and still recovering from the dire consequences of 100 years of Democrat leadership prior to 1986.

Reactions: aflachawk
Alabama is a poor state with minimal agricultural or productive capacity, trying to operate within it's means and still recovering from the dire consequences of 100 years of Democrat leadership prior to 1986.
Lmao, 33 years and the cons have moved the state downward, and what are they doing to fix it, A bat shit crazy abortion bill, try again, Gold.

Last edited:
Op might have included females, with enough money, getting on airplanes to go have an abortion somewhere legal.

Reactions: lucas80
Sounds like a progressive state hopefully the person who develops the cure for cancer is born in Alabama rather than being the victim of abortion in some other sad state.

You lose as it appears they found the cure for stupidity.
Leaving the state will be a good start, but it'll take more.

It's good that they left out rape and incest though - they had to protect the lives of their future kids/nieces/nephews/cousins/etc

I really think states that want to outlaw abortion should be allowed to do so.
With the following caveats:

• Every child born in the state is tied to that state in perpetuity for any federal aid/child support/social services support; children on welfare who move out of state must still be supported by the state of origin.
  • Federal taxes add in actual costs for any paid services for children on welfare to all taxpayers in that state, to cover those costs, dollar for dollar
  • When those states decide they can pay for all the unwanted children who drain resources on the rest of us, they can outlaw what they want; if they decide that $15k per household surtax is too high, they can decide whether the abortion ban is worth the cost, or not

Outlawing abortions is going to have drastic effects on our social services and welfare services, for children born to people not able to be, or not ready to be parents. Let these states bear those full costs, entirely on their own, so they can make the choices they want.

I really think states that want to outlaw abortion should be allowed to do so.
With the following caveats:

• Every child born in the state is tied to that state in perpetuity for any federal aid/child support/social services support; children on welfare who move out of state must still be supported by the state of origin.
  • Federal taxes add in actual costs for any paid services for children on welfare to all taxpayers in that state, to cover those costs, dollar for dollar
  • When those states decide they can pay for all the unwanted children who drain resources on the rest of us, they can outlaw what they want; if they decide that $15k per household surtax is too high, they can decide whether the abortion ban is worth the cost, or not

Outlawing abortions is going to have drastic effects on our social services and welfare services, for children born to people not able to be, or not ready to be parents. Let these states bear those full costs, entirely on their own, so they can make the choices they want.
I have a novel idea! Don’t get knocked up if you have no intentions of raising kids. This disposable society we live in makes me sick.

I have a novel idea! Don’t get knocked up if you have no intentions of raising kids. This disposable society we live in makes me sick.
Given the propensity of men to create violence, to kill and maim other humans, I find it fanfückingtastic that men think they're fit to also legislate women's bodies. Women, who, by contrast to men (generalizing, of course) are incredibly nurturing, non-violent, and prudent, apparently have to once again cede control of their bodies to men.

Men. SMH.

What did people expect out of Alabama? Why all the fuss? Its not like anyone here actually goes there.
I was listening to public radio yesterday and they had some guy on who runs a tech company in Birmingham. He developed some service that specializes in grocery shopping, and sold it to Target. Made $500 million. He was going on and on about how he was selling the fabulous quality of life in Alabama to prospective employees.
All I could do was shake my head and laugh. The one thing I learned while living in the South is that when someone tells you this is the new South, they are lying. Iowa is experiencing a drain of young talent, but why TF would anyone move to this state unless you are a 70 year old Northerner who thinks Florida is too expensive.

Given the propensity of men to create violence, to kill and maim other humans, I find it fanfückingtastic that men think they're fit to also legislate women's bodies. Women, who, by contrast to men (generalizing, of course) are incredibly nurturing, non-violent, and prudent, apparently have to once again cede control of their bodies to men.

Men. SMH.

Jesus...I dont agree with Alabama...but thats a load of sheet right there.

Men. SMH.

I hope you’re for SOME restrictions on abortion. Roe V Wade makes sense to this cis, white, toxic male. Surely you’re not advocating for what some 3rd wave feminists want.

I have a novel idea! Don’t get knocked up if you have no intentions of raising kids.

It's why they call it an "unplanned" pregnancy. And some people who get addicted to drugs aren't responsible enough to use birth control or abstain, yet here you are advocating that they should be forced in to parenthood, or that The State should then pay to raise those kids.

We saw how that one played out with the meth addicted "parents" who played video games, while their baby died sitting on swingset outdoors, and had maggots eating the body and the unchanged diapers. We can expect more of this, if we insist on forcing people to be parents, who should not be.

What about the millions of girls that are aborted that would have become women with their own bodies? Those women's bodies mean nothing?

States rights. You dont have to live there and i bet none of you complaining do. SCOTUS will sort it out.

Theres a good reason. Hell, make abortion mandatory to create a negative birth rate and standard of living will rise for all. Abortion is the panacea for macro statistics so lets roll wid it
Just a fact that has to be considered. Save your hyperbole.

Of course, when this law gets overturned in the Courts, all my “states rights” folks will cry “Foul!”
All you States fighters need to stop writing laws that are in violation of the Constitution and established law. Also, you states fighters didn’t learn a damn thing from Mr. Lincoln and Generals Sherman And Grant.

Reactions: rchawk
So you're adopting a bunch of unwanted children then? Dude...how about we take care of kids locked in cages and all the other starving and unloved kids on this planet before we force women to have a baby that she doesn't want? Like you want your tax dollars to go to that child once they are born. There is no bigger assbackwards group than pro-lifers.

Of course, when this law gets overturned in the Courts, all my “states rights” folks will cry “Foul!”
All you States fighters need to stop writing laws that are in violation of the Constitution and established law. Also, you states fighters didn’t learn a damn thing from Mr. Lincoln and Generals Sherman And Grant.
It should get thrown out in record time in each court. If I am reading correctly the abortion becomes illegal at the moment the mother becomes aware she is pregnant. How the heck can that be enforced in a legal manner?

Men. SMH.
All that may be true. It’s also true that women make up 52% of the electorate. If they want to be in control, they could be. Women are on the hook for this too. Look who the governor of Alabama is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT