ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to Alabama: the Back Alley State

I am Catholic. But I'm no religious zealot by any measure.

I don't think a moral compass requires religion.

I firmly believe that much of the support for abortion comes from those that have had them or encouraged others to have them. (Men)

One often needs to justify their acts and decisions by being a loud voice. Every single person that had had an abortion should carry that to their grave. They surgically had a life removed from them that, but for the procedure, stood over a 75% a chance of becoming a life outside the womb in 40 weeks. This should haunt them. I'm dead serious.

This act is simply horribly horribly wrong under any circumstance.

It's quite strange, and I don't mean to offend, but you say you're dead serious and I can't help but think you're intending to be silly.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
It's quite strange, and I don't mean to offend, but you say you're dead serious and I can't help but think you're intending to be silly.

No. I am being a tad harsh sure, and provocative definitely.

But I do feel for those that have chosen abortion because I am sure that that decision weighs on them more often than they would admit. I think people, in their heart of hearts know that this is wrong yet, in most cases, they undertake a procedure that is common because people would be inconvenienced by a pregnancy that they weren't planning on. But should have been.

If this procedure was only undertaken in cases of rape and incest I could see why this choice is made. But those are a significant minority to be sure.

Dude thus is tantamount to saying we should have outlawed slavery because then all those people would no longer have jobs and would require state support.

Killing is killing. No matter the cost this stain on our culture can no longer stand. You don't get to murder. Every other consideration to justify it is irrelevant.
Equating slavery to a job. Bold move.

But I do feel for those that have chosen abortion because I am sure that that decision weighs on them more often than they would admit. I think people, in their heart of hearts know that this is wrong yet, in most cases, they undertake a procedure that is common because people would be inconvenienced by a pregnancy that they weren't planning on. But should have been.

If this procedure was only undertaken in cases of rape and incest I could see why this choice is made. But those are a significant minority to be sure.
Good God. You're still a Catholic. The church that rapes little boys and covers it up for decades. How do you live with yourself? Go to hell with you're sanctimonious I'm better than you attitude.

You have this wrong. It’s the people that have kids who end up poor. People who avoid kids double their income.
il_570xN.457263093_tsmg.jpg

Good God. You're still a Catholic. The church that rapes little boys and covers it up for decades. How do you live with yourself? Go to hell with you're sanctimonious I'm better than you attitude.

The religion is not the sum of its priests. But yes I am still a Catholic. Myself and 1.3 billion others.

I'm not better than anyone. I just think that abortion should be illegal. Big difference. Not because I want to ruin people's lives. Just trying to stand up for those that can't for themselves.

Do you have children?

Reactions: Lurker71999

Well, I'm glad to see you can see why a woman would choose to abort a fetus that was the result of rape. That's progress, I guess.

Well, I'm glad to see you can see why a woman would choose to abort a fetus that was the result of rape. That's progress, I guess.

I think the option of emergency contraception should be the first choice and we should do a public information campaign to make sure women know this is a choice and readily available at any ER country wide.

Dude thus is tantamount to saying we should have outlawed slavery because then all those people would no longer have jobs and would require state support.

No. It's not.

If you want anyone and everyone impregnated to deliver a baby, ready or not, then sack it up come tax time and pay for it.

We'll put a "check box" on your 1040s from here on out:

• Check this box to have $5 added to your taxes to fund free birth control for all, and abortions on demand (actual cost based on last year's data)
  • Check this box to have $15,000 added to your taxes to fund all unwanted babies who now require care, social services support, education, etc. (actual social services costs, based on last year's data)

Give people the choice as to what they want to fund. Check one box or the other. Or get a 10 year jail sentence for tax evasion.

The religion is not the sum of its priests. But yes I am still a Catholic. Myself and 1.3 billion others.

I'm not better than anyone. I just think that abortion should be illegal. Big difference. Not because I want to ruin people's lives. Just trying to stand up for those that can't for themselves.

Do you have children?
I have three children and were the foster parents of two additional children. Don't preach to me. Evangelicals caring about children is a scam. Good God man. Alabama caring about children is absurd. Off the charts. Snake oil.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Not because I want to ruin people's lives. Just trying to stand up for those that can't for themselves.

You should be really really pissed off at God, then.

Because He aborts far more children each year than Planned Parenthood could ever hope to.
It's estimated that at least 1 in 3 pregnancies naturally miscarries (maybe even one in two!!!) - most w/o anyone ever even knowing they were pregnant.

If "every fertilized egg" is sacred, then God is fillin' up his garden with the freshest, ripest ones....

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Sounds like a progressive state hopefully the person who develops the cure for cancer is born in Alabama rather than being the victim of abortion in some other sad state.

Somehow you snuck through whatever state you were born in. Unfortunately.

No. It's not.

If you want anyone and everyone impregnated to deliver a baby, ready or not, then sack it up come tax time and pay for it.

We'll put a "check box" on your 1040s from here on out:

• Check this box to have $5 added to your taxes to fund free birth control for all, and abortions on demand (actual cost based on last year's data)
  • Check this box to have $15,000 added to your taxes to fund all unwanted babies who now require care, social services support, education, etc. (actual social services costs, based on last year's data)

Give people the choice as to what they want to fund. Check one box or the other. Or get a 10 year jail sentence for tax evasion.

Wrong. If we were forcing people to have children that that they had no time in creating I could see your point.

The people that had sex that predictably resulted in a child should bear that responsibility. I am for forcing the father to bear his portion of the financial burden however. Nowadays, the paternity issue can be solved with a 99 dollar DNA test and if court involvement is required to sort that out, so be it.

If fathers knew that they would be held legally financially responsible for a child they had a part in creating, maybe the pressure to have sex would diminish.

That seems to toss a logistical problem into your plan.

Well the catholic hospitals are typically in large metro areas with more than one hospital choice. Urgent care clinics can also preform this service. Public health. Tons of options available.

You should be really really pissed off at God, then.

Because He aborts far more children each year than Planned Parenthood could ever hope to.
It's estimated that at least 1 in 3 pregnancies naturally miscarries (maybe even one in two!!!) - most w/o anyone ever even knowing they were pregnant.

If "every fertilized egg" is sacred, then God is fillin' up his garden with the freshest, ripest ones....

Id dispute the basis for your belief.

God doesn't abort babies.

For reasons often difficult to determine, babies don't make it to term because of issues with any number of factors.

I don't believe we have an activist God. He/she doesn't cause certain things or allow certain things. So your premise is flawed. IMO.

If i have to chose between 2 M unborn children being killed each year against 100's of women dying in bad abortions, that is no brainer, logic dictates that you choose that path of least destruction, so I have to side with the children. Seems to me that logic dictates that you can not choose abortion unless you are certain as to when life begins, because if you are wrong, you have committed murder, and if you support abortion, you are guilty of aiding someone to commit murder. Liberals then start making arguments about viability, which is completely irrelevant. So as far as I can tell, before conception, you are not human, and at the very instant of conception, you are human and from that point on noting changes. So until someone can prove other wise, I have to assume you are human when you are a single cell. This is purely a LOGIC argument, this is not about people emotions, this is not about women's rights.I know that democrats are going to go full blown bonkers on emotional arguments (they always do), but thinking with emotions is actually a stupid way to think.

Reactions: haw-key
When Alabama's law is not allowing for exceptions in the case of rape or incest, that's exactly where you are, spud.

OK then in cases of rape or incest, the state would provide financial support as you suggest.

Id be ok with that, sure.

You know as well as I that your use of the term Governette was a sexist remark, so man up (if you can) and admit it answer the question how long have you been a sexist?
So, no, the term “Governorette” is not sexist. The word would be used to describe a female governor. Because you think something is sexist does not mean it is. When you gonna correct your moniker?

So, no, the term “Governorette” is not sexist. The word would be used to describe a female governor. Because you think something is sexist does not mean it is. When you gonna correct your moniker?
It is and you are, deal with it.

OK then in cases of rape or incest, the state would provide financial support as you suggest.

No. In all cases. If Alabama wants "unwanted" children that people are unable or incapable of raising themselves, then Alabama can pay for 100% of their welfare until they are adults. That's Alabama's responsibility, because Alabama wants irresponsible people to have children and overburden our already underfunded welfare systems and social systems with more kids.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Three times with two children. My first pregnancy ended with a spontaneous abortion or miscarriage. I'm a murderer according to some of you.

An spontaneous abortion and an elective abortion are medical parlance and are obviously vastly different terms. 'Elective abortion' is the term for what the lay person knows of as an abortion. A 'spontaneous abortion' is what the lay person knows of as a miscarriage.

Let us not cloud the debate with misinformation and hyperbole that you obviously know to be such. I thought you two were better than that.

ADVERTISEMENT