ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to Wrexham

Watched the first two episodes, thought it was pretty good. Only bummer is there likely won’t be a happy ending.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I wish we had relegation in an American sport. I love the idea.

It makes sports so much better. It would actually force billionaire owners to do their job rather than let their teams suck while their net worth increases

That said, I'm a fan of the show and will following Wrexham to see how they do this season

I knew that they didn't get promoted but felt that the last few episodes were kinda weak. Tried to hard to make it emotional.

I loved it..I thought it was great...yeah, they didn't get promoted...but I enjoyed how they really told the story of how engrained the club is in the community....super good. Really enjoyed it, can't wait for season 2!

I enjoyed it. Liked the stories of the people mixed into the workings of the club and of course the games. There were a few episodes they could have cut out and made it more concise, but it was a good quick watch. I'm more interested to see season 2 now that everyone knows what they are and have a target on their backs... and if they live up to expectations.

I enjoyed it. Liked the stories of the people mixed into the workings of the club and of course the games. There were a few episodes they could have cut out and made it more concise, but it was a good quick watch. I'm more interested to see season 2 now that everyone knows what they are and have a target on their backs... and if they live up to expectations.
Injuries played a big part at the end. Next season they'll have to contend with the team that was just demoted who will likely have decent talent - correct?

They’re already getting deep into the season if you want to follow the table live.
I was looking at that. Played a bit in September and October. Goes thru April. Currently in 2nd. Assuming the 1st place team is the one that dropped down as I don't recognize the name from last season but could be wrong.

I knew they didn't get promoted but I had no idea how intense that playoff game was. I think losing in the 119' has to be worse than on penalty kicks.

I knew they didn't get promoted but I had no idea how intense that playoff game was. I think losing in the 119' has to be worse than on penalty kicks.
That was just the semi-finals though wasn't it? That was the give away (aside from the fact that I google it when the series began), they spent the entire episode on the first game. Pretty sure they weren't going to win the playoff if they didn't get to the second game.

That was just the semi-finals though wasn't it? That was the give away (aside from the fact that I google it when the series began), they spent the entire episode on the first game. Pretty sure they weren't going to win the playoff if they didn't get to the second game.

Yeah, it was the semis. Think the final would have been back at Wembley.

Yeah, it was the semis. Think the final would have been back at Wembley.
The team that beat them won in the final. I know they are off to a good start, so we’ll see if they keep it up and avoid the injury bug. I’d like to see more of the players stories and more of the behind the scenes operations that they do to improve the facilities, roster, etc. The stands on the one side were shit and they covered them with a large banner so interested to see what they do there.

Crazy how they're on ESPN2 right now for a FA Cup qualifier. Stadium they're at maybe seats 1000 people

I really enjoyed the show. There was only 1 episode that I didn't care for. I refer to it as the Sports Center episode.

Need just a tad less of the owners next season. Rob started to annoy me at times.

I really enjoyed the show. There was only 1 episode that I didn't care for. I refer to it as the Sports Center episode.

Need just a tad less of the owners next season. Rob started to annoy me at times.
I liked the parts where they went into them getting involved and the decisions and checking in on the club and that stuff, but some of the stuff with Rob jealous of Ryan stuff was corny and could have done away with.

The wife and I enjoyed it, to the point that I went to my first professional soccer game today, the season finale for Union Omaha.
Turns out their offense is as bad as Iowa football; they lost 2-0. They still made the playoffs and will try to defend the USL League 1 title.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT