ADVERTISEMENT

Well there goes a key piece of this class..

ChuckThomas12

Team MVP
Jan 15, 2016
Western Iowa
5.7 Three Star 6'3" 285 DT Noah Shannon

We were his first offer, and he's since acquired more than 25. Michigan State, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas State & a lot more. I thought we were in a really, really good spot with him. Kudos to the staff for identifying him early on. I believe he was just in town for our Spring Game and recently named us as a leader in his recruitment.

So what the f*ck are they selling up in Minneapolis? He committed to PJ Fleck.

Too bad, he was going to be a key piece for us in this class I thought. Really wanted KF to seal the deal. We need guys like this, within our 500 mile radius, if we can't manage to recruit nationally. This one hurts, guys. :(

We were his first offer, and he's since acquired more than 25. Michigan State, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas State & a lot more. I thought we were in a really, really good spot with him. Kudos to the staff for identifying him early on. I believe he was just in town for our Spring Game and recently named us as a leader in his recruitment.

Too bad, he was going to be a key piece for us in this class I thought. Really wanted KF to seal the deal. We need guys like this, within our 500 mile radius, if we can't manage to recruit nationally. This one hurts, guys. :(
meh

Reactions: cocoem

Might as well get used to it!

Sizzle, something this staff is no good at selling. Don't worry though, they will fight off the Southern Illinois and Northern Iowas of the world in their annual dumpster dive to finish off the class. I'm sure whomever they end up getting will be far better than anyone they have offered thus far.

Reactions: Tim Dodge Rules
Promises of early playing time, commodore of the boat, first official recruiting class, urban city atmosphere...what's not to like in the pitch?

Promises of early playing time, commodore of the boat, first official recruiting class, urban city atmosphere...what's not to like in the pitch?

I think in Shannon's case early playing time was probably a huge selling point most schools couldn't offer. We lose 3 starting caliber DT's after this year. And old staff failed to recruit a single DT last 2 years. So heading into next year we have one 1 SR, 0 JR, 0 Soph DT's on roster. Also he is good friends with our other commits Henderson and Teague.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
I think in Shannon's case early playing time was probably a huge selling point most schools couldn't offer. We lose 3 starting caliber DT's after this year. And old staff failed to recruit a single DT last 2 years. So heading into next year we have one 1 SR, 0 JR, 0 Soph DT's on roster. Also he is good friends with our other commits Henderson and Teague.

GoldTeam, you could learn something from this guy. Reasonable post.

GoldTeam, you could learn something from this guy. Reasonable post.

Ya, but you are the mighty and great Iowa. We are lowly Minnesota.

The kid must not be very bright is all I can think of.

Lovie has immediate playing time all over the field in Illinois. Why isn't this working for them?

Maybe he just picked Minnesota.

Reactions: Viperman69
Ya, but you are the mighty and great Iowa. We are lowly Minnesota.

The kid must not be very bright is all I can think of.

Lovie has immediate playing time all over the field in Illinois. Why isn't this working for them?

Maybe he just picked Minnesota.

For some odd reason, Lovie doesn't offer any of the good Illinois recruits. Not sure what his plan is there.

Dude we get it anytime Iowa loses in a recruit you got to post and complain about our staff.

Maybe your coaches could whine to the media and see if that helps? ...

Reactions: Bronco Nagurski

Too bad, he was going to be a key piece for us in this class I thought. Really wanted KF to seal the deal. We need guys likidIke this, within our 500 mile radius, if we can't manage to recruit nationally. This one hurts, guys. :(
I think the kid from Solon is every bit as good a prospect at DT as Shannon is, if not better. Go Hawks!

Sizzle, something this staff is no good at selling. Don't worry though, they will fight off the Southern Illinois and Northern Iowas of the world in their annual dumpster dive to finish off the class. I'm sure whomever they end up getting will be far better than anyone they have offered thus far.

You mean like late class signees Josey Jewell and Akrum Wadley? I guess I and many other programs would love to consistently get those talented players.

I think the kid from Solon is every bit as good a prospect at DT as Shannon is, if not better. Go Hawks!
I'll say this sucks we missed out on Shannon but Iowa is still in it for Michael Thompson and Trevor trout.. very much in to it.. Iowa schools/could land one of those guys

I hope Minn doesn't change a thing from last year!

Iowa - 14
Minn - 7

Yes we won and had a better conference record.

We also had fewer wins and lost to an FCS school and lost our bowl game while they won theirs.

I vote for Iowa to turn things around and not worry about others doing so.

NOPE! Not the Annual Dumpster Dive!! LOL!

For the record Pajamas Fleck hasn't proven anything. Kirk has a winning record against the Gophers.

I'm hoping this year Iowa lives up to its potential. That would be a nice change of pace for KF.

Reactions: 0418hawkguy1001
I gotta nasty feeling we haven't heard the last of the Fleckster... We may take some L's in some recruiting battles that we did not used to...

Last edited:
Reactions: JTristesse
I swear to god that this is exactly what my Gopher friends were telling me ... almost word for word..... when Tim Brewster was hired at Minnesota.

Well I'm no Gopher friend just live in West Michigan and Fleck is way more of a dazzler than Tim Brewster could ever even imagine to be.. He was in our face every second on the radio, new papers and tv here.. He captivated the area more so than even tBrain Kelly did when he was at Grand Valley and Central Michigan...

Reactions: cornhuskersfan1
Well I'm no Gopher friend just live in West Michigan and Fleck is way more of a dazzler than Tim Brewster could ever even imagine to be.. He was in our face every second on the radio, new papers and tv here.. He captivated the area more so than even tBrain Kelly did when he was at Grand Valley and Central Michigan...

Did you just compare Brewster to Fleck?

LULZ

The whole program is in up upheaval and the 2018 class is a train wreck because we didn't get Shannon. There are no other good recruits out there especially at the DT position. In fact, because the knobgobblers got him I'm going to start rooting for them.

Reactions: Ree4

He must realized that Minnesota's Scholly "meant something" to! And I'm sure those 10's of people at your spring game really impressed him lol!

Play4Fleck.com. Maybe making sex tapes and living in the hood was too tempting to pass up.

ADVERTISEMENT