ADVERTISEMENT

Well there goes a key piece of this class..

Not that anybody cares what you want, but you may want to go back and listen to some of your, and other BIG coaches on what they thought. I can remember both Jerry Kill and Dantonio speaking specifically about using Iowa as a model in building a program in the BIG. It was Iowa under Fry that put an end to the BIG two, little ten mantra that had gone on for decades. As for Wisky, they would NEVER have become what they are if it weren't for some high school coach that Fry hired and raised up under his wing. You know Barry Alvarez right? KSU would NEVER have become relevant in the big 12 without some guy named Bill Snyder, a Fry disciple. To a lesser extent Bob Stoops who both played and coached under Fry.
Maybe your 12, or you don't know much about the history of college football. There have been many teams who have used "The Iowa model" too build a program, and some have been very open in interviews about it.

Half the time you guys want to fire KF. And yet that's the dream......to be Iowa.

Seriously, are you for real? LULZ

I asked you what Iowa has ever done. Please answer.

Reactions: H20SIS
Half the time you guys want to fire KF. And yet that's the dream......to be Iowa.

5 top 10 teams since Ferentz started.
Plenty of January Bowl Games (Orange x2, Rose, etc.)
14 Bowl Games in 18 seasons.
2 Big 10 Titles.
West Champs.
Sent a ton of players to the NFL.

A lot of P5 teams would love to have that. And it is a fact that Dantonio sat down with Kirk and picked his brain about how to have a successful Big 10 team when you aren't one of the blue bloods.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
5 top 10 teams since Ferentz started.
Plenty of January Bowl Games (Orange x2, Rose, etc.)
14 Bowl Games in 18 seasons.
2 Big 10 Titles.
West Champs.
Sent a ton of players to the NFL.

A lot of P5 teams would love to have that. And it is a fact that Dantonio sat down with Kirk and picked his brain about how to have a successful Big 10 team when you aren't one of the blue bloods.

Now list Wisconsisns!

This board has wanted Ferentz gone time after time. Please explain.

What you posted might as well be viking football. Lots of division titles, some NFC championship games, etc. Teams must dream of being them. LULZ

Don't you win rose bowls, big 10 championships, etc..........to be what others want to be?

I just laugh. Are you saying teams dream of being ordinary?

Now list Wisconsisns!
How about we list Minnesotas?

There are some that still do. Iowa will never be Bama successful, no matter how delusional some fans expectations can get. And to some fans going to bowl games, finishing in the top 25 here and there, being at or near the top of the division/conference, and running a respectable program is just fine.

What you posted might as well be viking football. Lots of division titles, some NFC championship games, etc. Teams must dream of being them. LULZ
At least they aren't Cleveland.

Don't you win rose bowls, big 10 championships, etc..........to be what others want to be?
If you are a bottom feeder then sometimes you have to have attainable goals. Baby steps.

I bet Kansas or ISU wish they had the same success over that same period.

Reactions: Ree4
Now list Wisconsisns!

I can tell you one thing if you asked the other 12 Big 10 schools who'd you rather be like when it comes to football Iowa or Minnesota? i have a hard time thinking anyone would pick Minnesota over Iowa. One thing I know for sure no one wants to be the gophers. You ask what Iowa has done what the heck has Minnesota accomplished?

I can tell you one thing if you asked the other 12 Big 10 schools who'd you rather be like when it comes to football Iowa or Minnesota? i have a hard time thinking anyone would pick Minnesota over Iowa. One thing I know for sure no one wants to be the gophers. You ask what Iowa has done what the heck has Minnesota accomplished?

You are a middle of the pack big 10 ten football team, sir!

Yes Iowa has been better than Minnesota, but dreaming of being Iowa is not the standard one should strive for. I would hope the goals are higher.

Fleck has higher goals than that. Sorry!

What Iowa fans want and want Minnesota fans want can be different. Iowa fans are happy they are not Minnesota and what KF has accomplished, but after some seasons they want more. Just like Minnesota fans want more, and that next step is similar to what Iowa is now. It's not difficult to comprehend.

Yes Iowa has been better than Minnesota, but dreaming of being Iowa is not the standard one should strive for. I would hope the goals are higher.

Newsflash............he doesn't.

Deal with it.

Enjoy running your mouth now, the games will start soon enough. I have a feeling we won't be hearing from you once that happens. :D

Yes Iowa is better than Minnesota, it's been that way for like 30 years now but dreaming of being Iowa is not the standard one should strive for. I would hope the goals are higher.

Totally fixed it for you!

First off way to avoid the premise of my post when push comes to shove Iowa is better than Minnesota. Iowa was middle of the pack last year but over last 10, 15, 20+ years they've had seasons where they've been top of the league. Like remember in 02' we celebrated undefeated big 10 season by taking your goal post down. So if Iowa is middle of the pack like you said what does that make Minnesota? Below average? As for Fleck having goals to be better EVERY coach's goal is to be top tier elite. I'm sure Kiel, Brewster and Mason also had same agenda as Fleck.

But what I love about Goldteam he is the perfect whiny troll. Runs his mouth and disappears for months on end when team loses. I remember in 15' after Pitt game he came here running his mouth talking about how he'd be back after Wisconsin beat us to laugh in our face. Then we didn't hear anything until before Minny game then he disappeared for a long time. Shows up again before Minny game this year and shock he disappeared until they got the Sailboat Capt Fleck and now he's back. I'm sure once season starts he'll disappear again like the little B he is.

O rly?

You do realize Iowa is currently viewed on a national level as an above average B1G team who gets waxed in their bowl games with an overpaid head coach? Is that better or worse than Minnesota, I have no idea and don't really care tbh.

The point is like it or not Iowa is already losing recruiting battles for 2018 prospects to Minnesota and although early, we're not even halfway to signing day. These are the same type of recruits (3* ave. according to Rivals) Iowa would traditionally build their program around. Minnesota and Iowa are basically picking from the same pool. I understand why Kirk's kid might be a little nervous or at 'best' be wasting time worrying about what other programs are doing.

Reactions: Littlefinger
What Iowa fans want and want Minnesota fans want can be different. Iowa fans are happy they are not Minnesota and what KF has accomplished, but after some seasons they want more. Just like Minnesota fans want more, and that next step is similar to what Iowa is now. It's not difficult to comprehend.
It is if you've got your head stuck in a gopher hole. :confused:

I wouldn't worry so much about how many pure high school DT's we sign. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Lattimore, Goldson and Reiff all DE's in HS? So just because a kid plays a position in HS, does not mean he is going to play that at Iowa. This staff has had good success at converting players. See Brandon Scherff to name one.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I wouldn't worry so much about how many pure high school DT's we sign. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Lattimore, Goldson and Reiff all DE's in HS? So just because a kid plays a position in HS, does not mean he is going to play that at Iowa. This staff has had good success at converting players. See Brandon Scherff to name one.
Your certainly correct, Scothawk that Iowa has a long, and pretty successful history of building DT from other positions. Scherff probably not the best example though as he played OL his last year or so in high school, as it was obvious thats where his future was.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
This is why I despise Iowa fans. NO, we don't want to be Iowa.

You haven't won jack squat.

I'd love to be Wisconsin, but seriously, what the hell has Iowa ever done?

Basically, not a dam thing.

You overvalue yourselves very much.

Methinks a nerve has been hit. Does Minnesota ever want to appear in a New Year's Six bowl game again, win a conference title, or finish in the Top 10? Yeah, the Gophers for sure don't want to do those things.

Reactions: kceasthawk
This is why I despise Iowa fans. NO, we don't want to be Iowa.

You haven't won jack squat.

I'd love to be Wisconsin, but seriously, what the hell has Iowa ever done?

Basically, not a dam thing.

You overvalue yourselves very much.

source.gif

O rly?

You do realize Iowa is currently viewed on a national level as an above average B1G team who gets waxed in their bowl games with an overpaid head coach? Is that better or worse than Minnesota, I have no idea and don't really care tbh.

The point is like it or not Iowa is already losing recruiting battles for 2018 prospects to Minnesota and although early, we're not even halfway to signing day. These are the same type of recruits (3* ave. according to Rivals) Iowa would traditionally build their program around. Minnesota and Iowa are basically picking from the same pool. I understand why Kirk's kid might be a little nervous or at 'best' be wasting time worrying about what other programs are doing.

Yeah because Minnesota's so great after 10 of their players sexually assaulted someone and haven't won a big game in ages or even come close to competing for a conference let alone division title. Keep drinking the fleck kook aid. As for recruiting Iowa and Minnesota get players the others want everyone year. Kill, claeys and Brewster got some talented players Iowa wanted too back in the day. But Iowa gets some too. Trey Craemer and ihmer smith-marsette say hi.

Love how minny fans ripping Iowa's program when they haven't been relevant in decades.

I am not overly impressed with flecks recruiting. Am I supposed to be? He has early commits but nothing outstanding.

I am not overly impressed with flecks recruiting. Am I supposed to be? He has early commits but nothing outstanding.
Yes, you are supposed to be overwhelmingly impressed. PJ is ELITE, and he rows a damn boat, and he has big plans for the gobblers stadium, and he's ELITE!

5.7 Three Star 6'3" 285 DT Noah Shannon

We were his first offer, and he's since acquired more than 25. Michigan State, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas State & a lot more. I thought we were in a really, really good spot with him. Kudos to the staff for identifying him early on. I believe he was just in town for our Spring Game and recently named us as a leader in his recruitment.

So what the f*ck are they selling up in Minneapolis? He committed to PJ Fleck.

Too bad, he was going to be a key piece for us in this class I thought. Really wanted KF to seal the deal. We need guys like this, within our 500 mile radius, if we can't manage to recruit nationally. This one hurts, guys. :(

You think Brian F's comment a week ago were random, off the cuff?.....I think Brian, like his father, never makes a public comment unless there is a message in it. Remember, Brian and Kirk both worked with Belichek who is a master at this technique.

Yes, you are supposed to be overwhelmingly impressed. PJ is ELITE, and he rows a damn boat, and he has big plans for the gobblers stadium, and he's ELITE!

Not as overwhelmingly impressed as I am with Iowa football. Trust me, buddy!

Not as overwhelmingly impressed as I am with Iowa football. Trust me, buddy!
Great Pal, that's what I want to hear. We over here continue to aim higher. Your preoccupation with us proves your need to ascend to our level. I revel in the fact that you're so worked up about this it keeps you up at night. Keep monitoring this thread, Gomer.

I can't speak for others but the next time I go to a gopher site will be my first. We're not there, you're here.

Trey Craemer and ihmer smith-marsette say hi.

Love how minny fans ripping Iowa's program when they haven't been relevant in decades.

Funny stuff. You actually believe Craemer flipped because he loved IC so much? Lol. It was a stealth visit to see his buddy ISM and he was outed on social media. When he begged Fleck to take him back he was told his spot was no longer available. That's how much he loved his Iowa visit.

Funny stuff. You actually believe Craemer flipped because he loved IC so much? Lol. It was a stealth visit to see his buddy ISM and he was outed on social media. When he begged Fleck to take him back he was told his spot was no longer available. That's how much he loved his Iowa visit.
Nah bro he committed to Minnesota.. the. Iowa came and offered he wanted to visit 2 other schools to make sure the decision was right.. I'm willing to bet a lot of money all 3 schools Iowa, Minnesota and Rutgers would have a spot for him.. don't be sour about it.. there 17-18 year old kids they change their minds a lot.. especially when fleck is a high pressure coach, on recruiting.

Reactions: DocRambo

Yes so when guys leave Minnesota its only because Fleck told them to go and so he could bring in all his WMU recruits, gotcha. I mean who would decommit from Minnesota...

Also trolling 101 it's not smart and you sound like an idiot when you try and troll a program that has won 2 years in a row and 4 out of 5 against you and the big one your program hasn't been relevant since pre WW2.

Reactions: RogerKint
Yes so when guys leave Minnesota its only because Fleck told them to go and so he could bring in all his WMU recruits, gotcha. I mean who would decommit from Minnesota...

Also trolling 101 it's not smart and you sound like an idiot when you try and troll a program that has won 2 years in a row and 4 out of 5 against you and the big one your program hasn't been relevant since pre WW2.

I'm with you bro, but may wanna check your info. The Goophs won a National Title (more or less) in 1960 and were decent in the 60s. So go with "not relevant since the Vietnam War", or "in your lifetime".

I can't speak for others but the next time I go to a gopher site will be my first. We're not there, you're here.

There are actually gopher sites? I thought those were imaginary like unicorns and sasquatches

Goldteam -

You're a fanatic from another fan base - so I don't expect you to see reason. But consider this - Minnesota has not built itself the foundations to make aspiring coaches view it as a "destination" school. Unlike some of my Hawkeye brethren, I actually view PJ Fleck as one of the up-and-comers in the college football coaching profession. Unfortunately for the Gophers, the Minnesota program will, at best, be a stepping stone for Fleck ... it is not the destination.

The Hawks have had nice "heights" under Ferentz ... but have also squandered many huge opportunities under Ferentz too. The chasm between Iowa and Wisconsin in terms of actual football isn't as great as you seem to suggest ... however, I will certainly concede that there is certainly a bigger gap in terms of national perception.

If Kill had remained healthy and happy at Minnesota - then perhaps he could have been a next-gen version of Barry Alvarez or Hayden Fry for the Gophers. Perhaps he could have established the "new tradition" for the Gophers. Maybe then the Gophers could have become a destination school.

However, as much as you might dislike the Hawks, the Hawkeyes have had but 2 head coaches since the 1979. Furthermore, while Hawk fans might whine about it - Iowa has also demonstrated that it is willing to invest in its head coach. These facts, along with Iowa's rich coaching tree, have made Iowa a "destination school." And if you can land an excellent coach who is willing to stay for the long-term ... then your program has a much greater chance of enjoying long-term success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT