ADVERTISEMENT

Well this is awkward...

What a bunch of horrible people. And you guys here cheer it on then have the audacity to claim others are using her death for political gain. Here people won't even allow him to pay his respects without turning it political. Shame on everyone involved including those on this board who praise it. Shame.

Surely you can't be serious.

Galatians 6:7

It would have been no different. The left would still hate him. But to see this reaction at this time, shows Dems to be hateful people
Is this serious? This can not be real. Can someone... ANYONE... tell me why the left is held to such a higher standard than the right?

Reactions: BelemNole
I myself have never defended Trump on his behavior. His behavior is the main thing I dislike about him. I have only ever defended his job as president (bringing troops home, economy pre-corona, executive orders that the media never covers, etc).
You don’t get to pick and choose. If you support Trump you support all his bad behavior as well. You are part of the problem

Reactions: lucas80 and torbee
Amazed his handlers could let this happen. If he had kept mouth shut until now about her replacement etc., that would have been a different scene. But after musing on her replacement and calling her dying wish a hoax, you can’t do this.
His handlers will turn it into an ad to motivate his base more.

“The liberal mob is real and they are after you. Only Trump stands between you and the liberal mob.”

Probably only the 2nd or 3rd time I've ever typed "Sleepy Joe"...if it bothers you, I can refrain. Makes no matter to me...simply the "when in Rome" concept since each side seems to have nickname for a political figure they don't like. I don't like or dislike Joe...he's literally a meh candidate...reminds me of Kerry, the "not Bush" answer.

Also, of note, this is the 2nd time I've been put on blast for a seemingly minor offense right in the middle of an onslaught of much more egregious posts. This thread/forum constantly refers to Biden as Sleep Joe and other monikers...the left calls Trump so many different terms, I can't even remember them all. I mention "Sleepy Joe" for like the 3rd time and it's the worst thing ever.

In the other thread about "what will you do if Trump gets reelected", I simply say life will go on as it always has while others literally post a play-by-play of their November 4th and I'm the one who gets called out for not caring.

I can't figure this place out. I think you either need to be a flaming liberal who spews Trump hate or the opposite...moderate interference is tolerated less than violent disagreement.
It's not that hard really, if you sound like a MAGA you'll get treated like one. You keep trying to dance along the line - using their terms and arguments while claiming not to be one.
Yes, you an be ambivalent to the destruction of democratic establishments, but that wont' protect you from scorn.

Is this sarcasm? Have you been paying attention at all?

In all honesty, though, I agree with the premise of this. The problem is Trump has set the temperature and mood of the country and turned everything into a shit-show, three-ring circus. What were you expecting?

Name anything Trump has done that is worse than the shit-show three-ring circus Democrats subjected Judge Kavanaugh to.

It's amazing how quick you guys are to pretend y'all have a clean slate when it comes to proper political behavior.

It's not that hard really, if you sound like a MAGA you'll get treated like one. You keep trying to dance along the line - using their terms and arguments while claiming not to be one.
Yes, you an be ambivalent to the destruction of democratic establishments, but that wont' protect you from scorn.
Being a moderate not associated with either side isn't dancing...it's recognizing you agree with some policy and ethical view-points each sides holds, but not enough for one to significantly outweigh the other. This isn't hard, Bel. It's what an Independent is. For example, I'm pro-life, but also pro-marriage equality. That's 1 for the libs and 1 for the cons. So, once we have a draw, then I have to weigh how important those things are on my list of political policy. ...and that's just one example.

I've actually sided with you (and other liberals) on many threads while not on others...the problem around here is there are so many liberals, that it is easier to notice a hiccup from the status quo.

p.s.
In the Sleepy Joe post, I was actually passive aggressively attacking the right, but apparently folks can't read past "Sleepy Joe".

Last edited:
Being a moderate not associated with either side isn't dancing...it's recognizing you agree with some policy and ethical view-points each sides holds, but not enough for one to significantly outweigh the other. This isn't hard, Bel. It's what an Independent is. For example, I'm pro-life, but also pro-marriage equality. That's 1 for the libs and 1 for the cons. So, once we have a draw, then I have to weigh how important those things are on my list of political policy. ...and that's just one example.

I've actually sided with you (and other liberals) on many threads while not on others...the problem around here is there is so many liberals, that it is easier to notice a hiccup from the status quo.

p.s.
In the Sleep Joe post, I was actually passive aggressively attacking the right, but apparently folks can't read past "Sleepy Joe".
Being a moderate and using the 'both sides' routine is all well and good when one side isn't associated with someone publicly musing over a third term or suggesting he may refuse to leave if he loses. You keep acting like things are normal. We're so far from normal you can't see it from here. Former heads of the GOP are begging people to vote against his party's candidate. Generals are speaking out. People need to understand the fundamental danger to the country that had to exist for things like this to happen.
For you to quote trump's insults and claim you're treading middle ground comes off as tone deaf at this point.

Being a moderate and using the 'both sides' routine is all well and good when one side isn't associated with someone publicly musing over a third term or suggesting he may refuse to leave if he loses. You keep acting like things are normal. We're so far from normal you can't see it from here. Former heads of the GOP are begging people to vote against his party's candidate. Generals are speaking out. People need to understand the fundamental danger to the country that had to exist for things like this to happen.
For you to quote trump's insults and claim you're treading middle ground comes off as tone deaf at this point.
Which part of "I didn't vote for Trump" and "I'm still NOT voting for Trump" are you not understanding? Also, just because I'm not voting for Trump doesn't mean I'm automatically voting for Biden either. I don't trust the political machine that's surrounding him any more than I trust the lying POS that is Trump. Just because I can recognize he's done some things I support, doesn't mean I support Trump. It's called thinking for myself.

I'm sorry you're all in and excited about Biden, I am not. Sure, he'll read a teleprompter better than Trump and behave better, but I'm very curious to see the debates and how he responds...not to earn my vote, per se', but just so I can have a better idea of our next four years because I'm fairly certain Trump doesn't have a chance no matter what he thinks. Have I ruled out voting for Biden? No...there's a chance he may get it, but I want to see more of him off script and see what we're really in for. I'm glad it's simple for you, but I have a feeling you'd vote for my dog if he were running opposed to Trump.

Which part of "I didn't vote for Trump" and "I'm still NOT voting for Trump" are you not understanding? Also, just because I'm not voting for Trump doesn't mean I'm automatically voting for Biden either. I don't trust the political machine that's surrounding him any more than I trust the lying POS that is Trump. Just because I can recognize he's done some things I support, doesn't mean I support Trump. It's called thinking for myself.

I'm sorry you're all in and excited about Biden, I am not. Sure, he'll read a teleprompter better than Trump and behave better, but I'm very curious to see the debates and how he responds...not to earn my vote, per se', but just so I can have a better idea of our next four years because I'm fairly certain Trump doesn't have a chance no matter what he thinks. Have I ruled out voting for Biden? No...there's a chance he may get it, but I want to see more of him off script and see what we're really in for. I'm glad it's simple for you, but I have a feeling you'd vote for my dog if he were running opposed to Trump.
This is so dumb. Where in my post did I mention Biden? I asked to to defend our democracy and you went on a rant against Biden. And you wonder why I question you.
I'm voting for the candidate who has the best chance to unseat the person who is a threat to our democracy. Beyond that nothing else matters. I'd expect someone who took and oath along those lines to understand.

This is so dumb. Where in my post did I mention Biden? I asked to to defend our democracy and you went on a rant against Biden. And you wonder why I question you.
I'm voting for the candidate who has the best chance to unseat the person who is a threat to our democracy. Beyond that nothing else matters. I'd expect someone who took and oath along those lines to understand.
My point is simply, I'm not excited about Biden...I'm disenfranchised by politics these days in general, but I care more than just "well, at least he's not Trump". Too many people here sincerely believe the millionaires in Washington really have the middle class's best interest at heart and that simply isn't true. You'll have a hard time convincing me Mitch McConnell or Nancy Pelosi really care about the American people...they care about power and the votes that give them said power.

After the debates, who knows, maybe I will get off my lazy a$$ and go vote for Biden...I'll even post one of those fun selfies of me with an "I Voted" pin...hell, maybe I'll vote early who knows.

Once Biden is in, though, what changes are we expecting to see? Will there be term limits on Congress finally? What about taxes? This seems to be a good article on what to expect there. https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-bidens-tax-plan-might-affect-five-american-households-11599739200
What about climate change...important topic for sure, but how aggressive will it be...will it be overly aggressive and cost jobs? I'm looking forward to the debates, for sure.

Probably only the 2nd or 3rd time I've ever typed "Sleepy Joe"...if it bothers you, I can refrain.
I don't care. Just was honestly curious.
This thread/forum constantly refers to Biden as Sleep Joe and other monikers...the left calls Trump so many different terms,
For me the difference is that Trump himself uses those nicknames (which aren't even funny). I don't recall Biden coming up with adjectives for each one of his opponents or people he doesn't like.

I'm just thinking if you are going to call a political candidate a name, at least make it funny or original. Just my two cents.

I don't like or dislike Joe...he's literally a meh candidate...reminds me of Kerry, the "not Bush" answer.
Actually, Biden reminds me of George W Bush, not Kerry but I get what you are saying.

Biden is the affable goofy kind of guy like W. Kerry was a boring statesmen. None of the 3 are exactly insprining. But then again, inspiration is a hard thing to find when you have two geriatric candidates.

Anyone know if Obama did the same when Scalia died? Would be interesting to contrast the crowd's response.

I don't care. Just was honestly curious.

For me the difference is that Trump himself uses those nicknames (which aren't even funny). I don't recall Biden coming up with adjectives for each one of his opponents or people he doesn't like.

I'm just thinking if you are going to call a political candidate a name, at least make it funny or original. Just my two cents.
Ahhh, that's why folks are triggered. I wasn't referring to Trump's "Sleepy Joe". I actually forgot for a minute he was calling him that, but yes Trump's reference coupled with folks talking about Biden's handlers is what led me to post this in another thread, so it stuck with me. When I posted Sleepy Joe, this is what's in my head, not Trump....a character from a Star Trek episode named John Gill.

st-patterns22.jpg

So many folks have posted about Biden having "better handlers" than Trump it made me humorously think about this episode Return to Tomorrow.

I think the thread was deleted, though, because I can't find it...was going to link it in my response. It was one started by z_ape.

Last edited:
For four years we've had Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog as president. Weird that so many of you are indignant now about public behavior.
It was hard to tell because she was wearing a mask, but Melanja did not look very happy to be there. The subjects are not supposed to boo the queen. It looked like she wanted them beheaded.

Name anything Trump has done that is worse than the shit-show three-ring circus Democrats subjected Judge Kavanaugh to.

It's amazing how quick you guys are to pretend y'all have a clean slate when it comes to proper political behavior.
Leveraging foreign aid for election assistance
Firing IGs and whistleblowers
Ignoring Russian interference with elections
Absence of leadership in COVID response
Pepper spraying peaceful protestors for a photo op
Inciting violence against the news media

Need more?

My point is simply, I'm not excited about Biden...I'm disenfranchised by politics these days in general, but I care more than just "well, at least he's not Trump". Too many people here sincerely believe the millionaires in Washington really have the middle class's best interest at heart and that simply isn't true. You'll have a hard time convincing me Mitch McConnell or Nancy Pelosi really care about the American people...they care about power and the votes that give them said power.

After the debates, who knows, maybe I will get off my lazy a$$ and go vote for Biden...I'll even post one of those fun selfies of me with an "I Voted" pin...hell, maybe I'll vote early who knows.

Once Biden is in, though, what changes are we expecting to see? Will there be term limits on Congress finally? What about taxes? This seems to be a good article on what to expect there. https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-bidens-tax-plan-might-affect-five-american-households-11599739200
What about climate change...important topic for sure, but how aggressive will it be...will it be overly aggressive and cost jobs? I'm looking forward to the debates, for sure.

It is very simple for me. Once Biden is in, I'll actually trust the President to do what is BEST for the entire COUNTRY and not what is best for himself. I would vote for your dog over Trump ;-). I hope you will vote Biden, but if you don't vote Trump, good enough for me ... this time around no vote IS a vote for Biden.

It is very simple for me. Once Biden is in, I'll actually trust the President to do what is BEST for the entire COUNTRY and not what is best for himself. I would vote for your dog over Trump ;-). I hope you will vote Biden, but if you don't vote Trump, good enough for me ... this time around no vote IS a vote for Biden.
Dear God, don't get Trump started about millions of ballots being turned in with dog names on them.

And I think that's a very fair assessment...and I agree mostly. He'll do what's best for his party, not for himself which is certainly better. A no vote for Trump is a (passive) vote for Biden.

I'll let you know if my dog decides to run.

But it’s a binary choice in a presidential election- and this time, if you don’t vote, that is a tacit vote for the incumbent.

Im not thrilled with Biden as a candidate, but it just doesn’t matter. And the fact I had to ponder pretty hard whether the United States would be better off with your dog as POTUS than Trump and that the conclusion I cam to is YES, makes it even harder to understand your ambivalence.

But it’s a binary choice in a presidential election- and this time, if you don’t vote, that is a tacit vote for the incumbent.
Im not thrilled with Biden as a candidate, but it just doesn’t matter. And the fact I had to ponder pretty hard whether the United States would be better off with your dog as POTUS than Trump and that the conclusion I cam to is YES, makes it even harder to understand your ambivalence.
Clearly that's objective that the guy above said if I stay home, it's basically a vote for Biden. ...looking more and more like my vote actually is important (which, sadly it isn't because I live in Texas Trump country).

Leveraging foreign aid for election assistance
Firing IGs and whistleblowers
Ignoring Russian interference with elections
Absence of leadership in COVID response
Pepper spraying peaceful protestors for a photo op
Inciting violence against the news media

Need more?

Fake interference in ukraine, (not the real interference by Joe Biden)...Are you gonna believe Adam Schiff, the guy who lied about not knowing even the name of the so-called whistleblower who was actually a diehard democrat?

Trump has been tougher on Russia than Obama. Are you saying Obama was easy on Russian interference...which by the way happened under his Administration...

Covid I think you are right somewhat on this one, Trump should have told Gov Cuomo that he would have Federal Marshalls arrest him if he persisted in killing thousands and thousands of elderly by purposely exposing them to covid 19.

One liberal testified in congress ( coincidentally he had recently run for liberal democrat office) and said they were peaceful protestors, Other officials who were witnesses there said the batshit crazy liberal Joe Biden voters and anarchists were throwing dangerous objects...

Trump does not advocate violence against any American. only liberals like Nancy Pelosi and other liberal nutjobs do that.

Do you have more?

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
Fake interference in ukraine, (not the real interference by Joe Biden)...Are you gonna believe Adam Schiff, the guy who lied about not knowing even the name of the so-called whistleblower who was actually a diehard democrat?

Trump has been tougher on Russia than Obama. Are you saying Obama was easy on Russian interference...which by the way happened under his Administration...

Covid I think you are right somewhat on this one, Trump should have told Gov Cuomo that he would have Federal Marshalls arrest him if he persisted in killing thousands and thousands of elderly by purposely exposing them to covid 19.

One liberal testified in congress ( coincidentally he had recently run for liberal democrat office) and said they were peaceful protestors, Other officials who were witnesses there said the batshit crazy liberal Joe Biden voters and anarchists were throwing dangerous objects...

Trump does not advocate violence against any American. only liberals like Nancy Pelosi and other liberal nutjobs do that.

Do you have more?
JHFC you are stupid. Keep chugging that orange koolaid, dolt.

Do you have more?

to think you type and actually believe this stuff only confirms that you are dumb and part of a cult.

Reactions: torbee
to think you type and actually believe this stuff only confirms that you are dumb and part of a cult.

Cuomo’s deliberate actions didn’t result in thousands and thousands of unnecessary Covid-19 deaths?

uhhhh ok...

ADVERTISEMENT