ADVERTISEMENT

Well this isn’t what Joes Place has been saying…..’COVID deaths overcounted’

Gus is dead

HR MVP
Aug 14, 2022
Last edited:
Thus entire article from her basically uses some of the exact language I did in a related thread a few days ago and was accused of not understanding the data. Lol

Some quotes:

“Two infectious-disease experts I spoke with believe that the number of deaths attributed to covid is far greater than the actual number of people dying from covid. Robin Dretler, an attending physician at Emory Decatur Hospital and the former president of Georgia’s chapter of Infectious Diseases Society of America, estimates that at his hospital, 90 percent of patients diagnosed with covid are actually in the hospital for some other illness.”

“Since every hospitalized patient gets tested for covid, many are incidentally positive,” he said. A gunshot victim or someone who had a heart attack, for example, could test positive for the virus, but the infection has no bearing on why they sought medical care.”

“If these patients die, covid might get added to their death certificate along with the other diagnoses. But the coronavirus was not the primary contributor to their death and often played no role at all.”

“This tracks with Doron’s experience at her hospital, Tufts Medical Center, where she also serves as hospital epidemiologist. Earlier in the pandemic, a large proportion of covid-positive hospitalizations were due to covid. But as more people developed some immunity through vaccination or infection, fewer patients were hospitalized because of it. During some days, she said, the proportion of those hospitalized because of covid were as low as 10 percent of the total number reported.”

“…overcounting covid deaths undermines people’s sense of security and the efficacy of vaccines.”

In a complete and utter rebuke of @Joes Place and an affirmation of what many of us have been saying in recent threads.

Those without access may have to read this referred to or linked elsewhere admittedly. So apologies in advance.

See here for alternate

Op Eds? That's your "evidence" here?

In a complete and utter rebuke of @Joes Place and an affirmation of what many of us have been saying in recent threads.

Those without access may have to read this referred to or linked elsewhere admittedly. So apologies in advance.

See here for alternate

I see lots of discussion on "hospitalizations" being overcounted, due to incidental Covid.

Virtually NO evidence that "deaths" are in that Op Ed.
And that's because if Covid doesn't contribute to the death, it's listed incidentally on the death certificate, but NOT as an underlying cause.

I see lots of discussion on "hospitalizations" being overcounted, due to incidental Covid.

Virtually NO evidence that "deaths" are in that Op Ed.
And that's because if Covid doesn't contribute to the death, it's listed incidentally on the death certificate, but NOT as an underlying cause.
Didn’t expect you to admit you were wrong even when so clearly are.

During the Trump years it was pretty obvious the Covid scoreboard was being artificially ran up for attempted political gain by the Democrats.
Great, we've heard from another idiot who's never filled out a death certificate or taken a class in public health.

Can we get Oscar the grouch's opinion next?

Interesting take.
How many has Dr. Fauci filled out?
You'd have to ask him. I wish i wanted to know your warped reasoning for your question, but to be honest I don't really care. I'm sure you thought it was clever. It wasn't, but enjoy your self congratulatory pat on the back.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Great, we've heard from another idiot who's never filled out a death certificate or taken a class in public health.

Can we get Oscar the grouch's opinion next?
SMH. Read, then form an opinion. The byline. You’ll find it at the top of the article I linked.

Uh doc….Dr Leana Wen wrote the op ed.

I hope this isn’t representative of your attention to detail.

It's behind a paywall. I made assumptions based on your stellar other work.

I'm sure it's similar to every other time an article like this has been posted in the last 3 years

• Haha
It's behind a paywall. I made assumptions based on your stellar other work. Dr. Wen has obvious biases based on her prior writings.
Dr. Wen has biases? She's been on cnn since the pandemic began advocating for vaccines. There are many questioning the safety of vaccines, including her. You can be a scientist or a physician and still be critical.

You'd have to ask him. I wish i wanted to know your warped reasoning for your question, but to be honest I don't really care. I'm sure you thought it was clever. It wasn't, but enjoy your self congratulatory pat on the back.
Yet here you are responding. 🤔

If anyone disagrees in hort, well their sources obviously are crackpots and have biases. Haha.

It's fine to ask questions. But I also think it's pertinent to know the reasoning and motivations behind the questions. We (people who have some basic understanding of medical science and statistics) should critically analyze data. Those with a degree from "the school of life" should sit this one out.

At this point, almost 3 years in, why does someone care if the death numbers have been over or underestimated? What point are they trying to make? Even if overestimated, are they trying to say millions of people didn't die as a result of covid?

It reminds me of some of my favorite nonsense from early in the pandemic. When people claimed we were falsely calling deaths covid related to make more money. Despite the fact literally no provider gets paid to fill out death certificates.

It's fine to ask questions. But I also think it's pertinent to know the reasoning and motivations behind the questions. We (people who have some basic understanding of medical science and statistics) should critically analyze data. Those with a degree from "the school of life" should sit this one out.

At this point, almost 3 years in, why does someone care if the death numbers have been over or underestimated? What point are they trying to make? Even if overestimated, are they trying to say millions of people didn't die as a result of covid?

It reminds me of some of my favorite nonsense from early in the pandemic. When people claimed we were falsely calling deaths covid related to make more money. Despite the fact literally no provider gets paid to fill out death certificates.
I'm not a public health expert or epidemiologist but I work with the virus. Since day 1, I've lost track of how many variants we've grown. My reservations are on the vaccine itself. Ample data suggests the presence of tiny blood clots both in the brain and pulmonary vasculature. We see this in vaccinated individuals as well. Some evidence suggests that injected mRNA does not stay resident at local sites and goes to distal privileged sites, allowing for expression of the s protein epitope coded by the mRNA. This portion, in and of itself, might be toxic. Repeated dosing might just lead to stoking burning embers. Many scientists, myself included, are circumspect about these vaccines and endless booster shots. They aren't tic tacs. Sometimes it's good to step back and recalibrate things. Better vaccine approaches are desirable and treating people like idiots just because you might have an MD or PhD or both isn't justifiable. I thank you for your medical acumen but this forum is an echo chamber for the usual suspects. I think people deserve better. And if you trust Pfizer or Moderna, well what to say haha.

I'm not a public health expert or epidemiologist but I work with the virus. Since day 1, I've lost track of how many variants we've grown. My reservations are on the vaccine itself. Ample data suggests the presence of tiny blood clots both in the brain and pulmonary vasculature. We see this in vaccinated individuals as well. Some evidence suggests that injected mRNA does not stay resident at local sites and goes to distal privileged sites, allowing for expression of the s protein epitope coded by the mRNA. This portion, in and of itself, might be toxic. Repeated dosing might just lead to stoking burning embers. Many scientists, myself included, are circumspect about these vaccines and endless booster shots. They aren't tic tacs. Sometimes it's good to step back and recalibrate things. Better vaccine approaches are desirable and treating people like idiots just because you might have an MD or PhD or both isn't justifiable. I thank you for your medical acumen but this forum is an echo chamber for the usual suspects. I think people deserve better. And if you trust Pfizer or Moderna, well what to say haha.
I appreciate you and JWolf’s perspective. I do think the virus isn’t as respected as it should be by the general public. I understand the pushback on vaccine mandates but I know a couple middle -aged, healthy people who’ve yet to recover from contracting COVID. A teacher friend of mine is still taking steroids and trying all kinds of different treatments just to be able to breathe normally again. And this is a fit guy who jogs and plays competitive tennis.

I don’t know if there’s a good answer for COVID but some of these attitudes about it are pretty ridiculous.

Reactions: SB_SB and GOHOX69
Accurate data is pretty important. If you actually want to learn anything from our response and how we can do better in the future.

Pretty surprised anyone would even ask this question…

I appreciate you and JWolf’s perspective. I do think the virus isn’t as respected as it should be by the general public. I understand the pushback on vaccine mandates but I know a couple middle -aged, healthy people who’ve yet to recover from contracting COVID. A teacher friend of mine is still taking steroids and trying all kinds of different treatments just to be able to breathe normally again. And this is a fit guy who jogs and plays competitive tennis.

I don’t know if there’s a good answer for COVID but some of these attitudes about it are pretty ridiculous.
Thank you. There are things you can take to beat covid available on Amazon. I don't post it because this place is basically a joke. And yes, there's data. The virus has nearly 30,000 base pairs of information. By comparison hiv-1 is about 9,500. You don't think it might have some tricks up its sleeve? Mother nature, unlike this place, isn't a buffoon.

Reactions: goldmom and EZ2BJZ
Thank you. There are things you can take to beat covid available on Amazon. I don't post it because this place is basically a joke. And yes, there's data. The virus has nearly 30,000 base pairs of information. By comparison hiv-1 is about 9,500. You don't think it might have some tricks up its sleeve? Mother nature, unlike this place, isn't a buffoon.
Well, if you don’t mind, I’d be interested in what you would recommend. I’m a fairly healthy guy but when I get sick I tend to go down hard.

Btw, I’m starting to agree with you about this board. I don’t remember it being this hostile.

Reactions: goldmom
Well, if you don’t mind, I’d be interested in what you would recommend. I’m a fairly healthy guy but when I get sick I tend to go down hard.

Btw, I’m starting to agree with you about this board. I don’t remember it being this hostile.
Dm me.

Accurate data is pretty important. If you actually want to learn anything from our response and how we can do better in the future.

Pretty surprised anyone would even ask this question…
Sure accurate data is important

If we taking about it in terms of response the difference between 10 and 1 million plays a huge difference. The difference between 5.6 million and 6. 2? Not so much

That was the point jwolf was making and one you completely missed or made a silly argument.

Sure accurate data is important

If we taking about it in terms of response the difference between 10 and 1 million plays a huge difference. The difference between 5.6 million and 6. 2? Not so much

That was the point jwolf was making and one you completely missed or made a silly argument.
Good grief. Any argument against accurate data is a silly argument.

Stop being silly 😂

Yet you had a strong opinion about the article and conclusion of the article without reading it because it is behind a pay wall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT