ADVERTISEMENT

Welp...I was completely wrong(Bohannon)

Legend - so a member of Iowa’s staff and another person from another team’s staff just volunteered this info to you? Wow. Sure the Iowa staff member wanted that out there on a message board. Surprised you didn’t cite as “evidence” a family friend. I mean I know you are so connected so thanks for all the inside info. Being an assistant to the assistant of a G League team has its perks I guess.

Legend - so a member of Iowa’s staff and another person from another team’s staff just volunteered this info to you? Wow. Sure the Iowa staff member wanted that out there on a message board. Surprised you didn’t cite as “evidence” a family friend. I mean I know you are so connected so thanks for all the inside info. Being an assistant to the assistant of a G League team has its perks I guess.

Jordan transferring has been discussed on this site before. He and at least one of his brothers were pretty blunt about him not being happy. It's not like this was top secret information.

Legend - don’t disagree with the rumor. And know it has been discussed. But you cited someone from the Iowa staff told you as did another staff member from another team. I realize your vast array of knowledge as well as your Rolodex of contacts, just weird an Iowa staff member would discuss with you info on a player and also that you would choose to post it. Oh and that you would have another coach from another team tell you. Just seems um weird. That’s all champ.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Jordan transferring has been discussed on this site before. He and at least one of his brothers were pretty blunt about him not being happy. It's not like this was top secret information.
What has unhappiness stemmed from? His last year he was knocking on a sweet 16. This year, Iowa likely a sweet 16 team and potential to go deeper.

Team chemistry seems great. He gets his minutes and shots.

Honestly curious what was making him "unhappy"?

Legend - don’t disagree with the rumor. And know it has been discussed. But you cited someone from the Iowa staff told you as did another staff member from another team. I realize your vast array of knowledge as well as your Rolodex of contacts, just weird an Iowa staff member would discuss with you info on a player and also that you would choose to post it. Oh and that you would have another coach from another team tell you. Just seems um weird. That’s all champ.
giphy.gif

What has unhappiness stemmed from? His last year he was knocking on a sweet 16. This year, Iowa likely a sweet 16 team and potential to go deeper.

Probably, Tyler Cook, I know he made me unhappy lots of times:rolleyes:

What’s your beef with TC?

He's gone to the pro's and If you didn't see anything wrong with him then there's really no need to rehash my misgivings with Tyler, but It's not just a coincidence that Garza became the player he has become with the absence of TC and I'll leave it at that.

Drama, like you get with the large majority of college kids (and plenty of older folks).

Seriously, everyone on the planet reflects on what-if's and has bad moments, yada, yada, yada. He's normal, nothing to see here.

He's gone to the pro's and If you didn't see anything wrong with him then there's really no need to rehash my misgivings with Tyler, but It's not just a coincidence that Garza became the player he has become with the absence of TC and I'll leave it at that.
I saw a guy who was loaded with talent, did what Fran asked of him, and loved being a Hawk, and I appreciate him for it all. It seems like a lot of people are mad at him because things never clicked like they hoped and because he ended up not being capable of doing all that Fran asked him to do at a super high level. I also don’t get why you dislike him enough to invoke him on a thread about Jordan Bohannon

Reactions: Ronman
I see no reason why JBo should feel anything but completely blessed to be at Iowa. Or why he would assume to be wanted at any place "better".

I love JBo for what he is. But what he is is a gunner off the bench. And the reason for that is he is the worst perimeter defender in the history of power5 conference basketball. Know how I know that? Because it's impossible for anyone playing at that level to be any worse. Painful to watch him almost fall over leaning after the guy that just blew by him time after time.

Hopefully the new hips help him defensively. And I'm truly not a JBo hater. He is a brilliant shooter and I'm happy to have him as a Hawk. It's just that circumstances that landed him as a starting point guard in the Big Ten were a blessing and a curse. Defensively, he just isn't cut out for that roll. And when telling the true story about a player, defense must be taken into account

I see no reason why JBo should feel anything but completely blessed to be at Iowa. Or why he would assume to be wanted at any place "better".

I love JBo for what he is. But what he is is a gunner off the bench. And the reason for that is he is the worst perimeter defender in the history of power5 conference basketball. Know how I know that? Because it's impossible for anyone playing at that level to be any worse. Painful to watch him almost fall over leaning after the guy that just blew by him time after time.

Hopefully the new hips help him defensively. And I'm truly not a JBo hater. He is a brilliant shooter and I'm happy to have him as a Hawk. It's just that circumstances that landed him as a starting point guard in the Big Ten were a blessing and a curse. Defensively, he just isn't cut out for that roll. And when telling the true story about a player, defense must be taken into account

Somebody was heavily into the beverages and wanted to give us a wob.

I wouldn’t under estimate JBo defense as we haven’t seen him play with 2 good hips for a couple of years, which is why JBo wanted to end his Iowa career playing “pain free” his senior year.

Me thinks he already knows Garza is coming back. He wasn’t considering leaving for any scandalous reasons/issues with Fran; he simply wanted a legit shot at the final 4. I know he can be cocky, but I at least respect the transparency. And how can you not respect the competitiveness ?

I would imagine that any team who's "more accomplished" and a "legit" Final Four candidate (other than Iowa) probably already has a set rotation, relegating JBo, as a grad transfer, to a come-off-the-bench-if-needed role. Not sure what he'd be gaining by that. Smart choice to stay at Iowa.

Wow! That covers thousands and thousands of players. JBo should be ashamed to even show up for the games.

About this time, 5 years ago, Fran McCaffery who'd seen JBo play a bunch at
Linn Mar, dropping 7-8 3 pointers per game for the Lions, made a bold move.

The 'basketball gurus' wanted Fran to offer kids from Chicago and points unknown.

Fran, a Philly guy, made the audacious move of offering this short kid from
Marion, IA, who did have a brother that played at Wisconsin..........well couple brothers.

The HR board and tos melted down about why Fran would waste a scholarship on this kid.

LOL......................FRAN KNOWS !!! And J Bo knows !! :cool:

The Best Bohannon caught fire, again and TORCHED Roy Williams, last night.

MIC DROPS boom

ADVERTISEMENT