ADVERTISEMENT

Welp, you're going to see my house on Dateline tomorrow night.

That’s terrible to hear this happened in your neighborhood. But gotta ask, did you know the lady that disappeared?

Did you DIITB with her as a reason why she disappeared when her husband found out? I’m starting to wonder about this special seasoning we keep hearing so much about. And coming out on HROT about this makes me wonder if this is a cry for help or just a way to let us know you are involved. I’m going to contact the tv show and let them know they should be looking into the guy that likes TDIITB.

New stuff coming out on my neighbor's disappearance tomorrow night on Dateline NBC. I hope they didn't look under my pool.
Per the ghosts thread, start digging under the swingset that was swinging with no one in it when the one next to it was still.

Reactions: jasonrann
Going off that article, is there any question it was the husband?! Seems pretty obvious to me, why else lie to the daughter for so long?

That is what everyone thinks around here too, especially with no body and no funeral. I'm no lawyer, but is it just considered circumstantial at this point?

That’s terrible to hear this happened in your neighborhood. But gotta ask, did you know the lady that disappeared?

Did you DIITB with her as a reason why she disappeared when her husband found out? I’m starting to wonder about this special seasoning we keep hearing so much about. And coming out on HROT about this makes me wonder if this is a cry for help or just a way to let us know you are involved. I’m going to contact the tv show and let them know they should be looking into the guy that likes TDIITB.

It seemed like a very odd relationship. In the four years we lived in the neighborhood prior to her disappearance, we saw her a handful of times, mostly working in the yard. She was about 15 years younger than her husband, I believe they met in Asia while he was in the military. If they were together, only he spoke. If they were coming home and were driving, they would pull into the garage and close the garage door before exiting the vehicle. Strange stuff.

She didn't strike me as a TIITB kind of gal, but I guess we'll never know.

Reactions: Pinehawk
I used to hang with a kid that was the (unfortunate) subject/victim of a Dateline here in Iowa. Dude was a good kid.

Simply sleeping in his bed with fiance and fiance's ex-boyfriend broke in and shot him.

In typical Des Moines fashion the victim and suspect prob crossed paths frequently at Wells Fargo.

If he tries to give you some of this, don't eat it:

soylent-green.png

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I used to hang with a kid that was the (unfortunate) subject/victim of a Dateline here in Iowa. Dude was a good kid.

Simply sleeping in his bed with fiance and fiance's ex-boyfriend broke in and shot him.

In typical Des Moines fashion the victim and suspect prob crossed paths frequently at Wells Fargo.

I remember seeing that. Crazy story!

I had a client 7 or 8 years ago who was arrested & charged with murder in the disappearance of his first wife (20ish years ago). His family owned a big piece of property in the sticks in Tennessee; he claimed she emptied their bank account & took off while he was at work, leaving their young daughter at the day care center. Not long after, he left TN & moved to Florida with his new girlfriend. IIRC, he pleaded out on a much lesser charge & served a few years in prison.

My youngest son was good friends with his youngest son.

She hasn't lived in the house since several months before her mother disappeared. Prior to that, I don't think I have ever seen an open window, everything is covered up.

In cases like that you need to make sure you check out the windows at the back of the house.

Just be careful of leaving footprints.

Is what a friend probably told me once.

Same here. A girl I went to school with and even dated for a little moved to Georgia and while in college was murdered with her then boyfriend while parked at a local lake. There was no evidence... just someone had shot them and left. Was on these sort of shows a couple of times... then years later the shocker was the FBI detective who had been working the case so hard had to turn in his own son for the murders. There ended up being no motive... was just out in the woods and decided to shoot the people in the car. Didn't know them or have any reason... just did it and kept it secret until his father was going through all sorts of issues trying to figure out the crime. His son couldn't take it anymore and admitted his guilt. Crazy shit.

Same here. A girl I went to school with and even dated for a little moved to Georgia and while in college was murdered with her then boyfriend while parked at a local lake. There was no evidence... just someone had shot them and left. Was on these sort of shows a couple of times... then years later the shocker was the FBI detective who had been working the case so hard had to turn in his own son for the murders. There ended up being no motive... was just out in the woods and decided to shoot the people in the car. Didn't know them or have any reason... just did it and kept it secret until his father was going through all sorts of issues trying to figure out the crime. His son couldn't take it anymore and admitted his guilt. Crazy shit.

A friend from my church disappeared back in 1992 when I was in college. It took them three years to get the boyfriend to finally admit to it and take authorities to where he buried the body. I still remember clear as day seeing her sister in church and crying. Just brutal.

If we’re sharing similar stories...a guy i used to work with 10yrs ago, and actually knew him growing up as they went to our church for awhile. Anyway, before he moved to IA he lived down in MO, where his wife was murdered. He was a suspect for awhile but was cleared. When they were going to church with us they had kids (grandkids I believe) that were younger. The way he treated those kids, very quick fuse and pretty bad temper. Never hit the kids that I remember, but would get up during church and drag them out. But we were all convinced that he’d murdered his 1st wife and gotten away with it after seeing the way he acted. Well probably 5 years ago, with some new technology, they were able to use some old dna evidence and run it through the database....turns out it matched a guy that was already in prison, and when asked about it he just admitted to it. Our whole family was shocked when we heard that!
/csb

Good episode, beautiful yet deluded Asian Caucasian young woman, and my sherlock Holmes senses say ole pops did it. Not too bright a guy but good enough to snow the family and daughter's bfs family. Episode could have used some @jasonrann and effective product placement. Stay away from Geoff Greene Jason ;)

What the hell, I cant find this episode? My DVR recorded Return to Shalimar Way and thats what their site show for the episode played last night??

I thought the whole thing was strange. I’m guessing this was more of a mail order bride situation and not ever a loving marriage. Watching the daughter her demeanor was not what I would expect from someone searching for her missing
and likely dead mother. I don’t think she knows anything or had anything to do with it. Just found her demeanor very strange.

I thought the whole thing was strange. I’m guessing this was more of a mail order bride situation and not ever a loving marriage. Watching the daughter her demeanor was not what I would expect from someone searching for her missing
and likely dead mother. I don’t think she knows anything or had anything to do with it. Just found her demeanor very strange.
I thought the same thing! Nobody in that show seemed very sad, or any other real emotion.

If he didn't kill her, the dad didn't seem upset about her being gone. The daughter seemed okay waiting like 7 months before wondering what happened to her own mother. The police seemed content to throw their hands up in defeat and call the case cold.

I thought the same thing! Nobody in that show seemed very sad, or any other real emotion.

If he didn't kill her, the dad didn't seem upset about her being gone. The daughter seemed okay waiting like 7 months before wondering what happened to her own mother. The police seemed content to throw their hands up in defeat and call the case cold.
And did she not have a single friend that wondered where she was? I guess probably not if she wasn’t very fluent in English.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
@jasonrann ... we're neighbors. I live around the corner at 80th and Metcalf. Hell I'll be at the op watching hawks today. I drive past that area every day. Crazy story and somehow I didn't know anything about it, but now intrigued.

@jasonrann ... we're neighbors. I live around the corner at 80th and Metcalf. Hell I'll be at the op watching hawks today. I drive past that area every day. Crazy story and somehow I didn't know anything about it, but now intrigued.
Sweet! I doubt I will make it up there today, but we should connect sometime. You're right it is one crazy damn story too!

ADVERTISEMENT