ADVERTISEMENT

Weren’t attacks supposed to start today?

We will see. I'm guessing some people might have decided being arrested isn't worth it.

Another thing is that it's unlikely that the intensity is going to be overly high before inauguration day.

We will not be your alibi, OP

On a completely unrelated topic, are we sure Bruno Mars wasn’t in “Slumdog Millionaire” playing the role of Salim?

Yks7Ugl95X5xU_mvU_r-Kvm_o_J7BnC6iF7efXYdGYR-oqEUqzxHYygTI87MS5-svMT6rs_GSHW8XGSe91d7AWFm9lf7wU_5taWHeqY-WcS0xLJm9oCeWGtdJEYobRWx6A

Armed protesters gathered at state capitols on Sunday as officials prepared for the days ahead.

An armed demonstrator standing outside the Texas State Capitol in Austin on Sunday.Credit...Tamir Kalifa for The New York Times
The atmosphere was tense in Washington, D.C., and at statehouses across the country on Sunday, as several armed groups arrived at state capitols, where military vehicles and police barricades lined the streets and officials braced for pro-Trump protests that they feared could lead to violence.
While some armed protesters arrived at state capitol buildings in Ohio, Texas, Oregon and Michigan, the grounds of statehouses across the country were largely quiet on Sunday, even as many states had fortified the buildings with an influx of National Guard troops.
Still, officials were readying for the potential of violent protests in the coming days — leading up to the presidential inauguration on Wednesday — after the F.B.I. warned that armed protesters could target capital cities across the country.
On Sunday, about 25 members of the antigovernment extremist “boogaloo” movement were among the heavily armed protesters who gathered at the Statehouse in Columbus, Ohio. But the men — who are part of a group that hopes a second civil war will lead to the U.S. government’s overthrow — said they were there for a long-planned gun rights rally that they insisted had nothing to do with President Trump.
Henry Locke, 27, of the Ohio chapter of the Boogaloo Boys, said he and other members had planned a unity rally to bring different groups together under the Constitution. Many in his group carried military-style rifles, wore camouflage vests and carried ammunition.
“Here in Ohio, we advocate for everyone’s individual liberties equally,” Mr. Locke said.
A handful of Mr. Trump’s supporters did appear at the Ohio rally, as did a group of counterprotesters, but the groups largely milled about peacefully, occasionally trading insults.
At least 19 states deployed National Guard troops to their capitols, and several shut down statehouse grounds and delayed legislative sessions in response to the F.B.I. warning.
Nicholas Bogel-Burroughs and Lucia Walinchus

In Michigan, government officials and law enforcement prepared for the possibility of significant violence ahead of the inauguration, but by Sunday’s end only a small group of armed protesters had ventured to the state capitol.CreditCredit...Yousur Al-Hlou/The New York Times
  • Austin, Texas: Protesters began gathering in the morning at the Texas State Capitol, which the state had closed out of concerns over the protest. Armed officers from the Texas Department of Public Safety patrolled the rolling Capitol grounds and guarded the entrance to the nearby governor’s mansion.
    Daniel Hunter, a 34-year-old handyman, said he had driven from Waco to attend the protest. “The only reason I’m here is to ensure that no one storms the Capitol,” Mr. Hunter said. “If they do, I’ll get in front of them and be trampled.”
    Another protester lounged against a stone wall, holding a semiautomatic rifle and smoking a cigarette. He declined to give his name and said that he, too, was there of his own accord, to “observe what was going on.”
    There was at least one anti-Trump demonstrator, Andrea Ariel, a 63-year-old dance teacher who wore a sandwich board designed to look like a post office box. She danced to a recording of Stevie Wonder’s song, “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours,” with an American flag in one hand and a sign reading “Democracy is for Everyone” in the other.
    — Michael Hardy
  • Salem, Ore.: Five men dressed in military-style clothing marched onto the grounds of the park across the street from the Oregon State Capitol around 10:30 a.m. They waved flags, including an upside-down American flag, and one held a “Disarm the Government!” sign made with marker on a white poster.
    “We want to show the rest of the country that we have rights,” said one of the protesters.
    The five men, who declined to give their names, insisted that they were not part of any group or organization. “We don’t support Trump, and we don’t support Biden,” the man with the patch said.
    “We always end up losing rights, whoever’s in office,” added another, his face hidden by a mask.
    By noon, the number of protesters had climbed to nine. Three counterprotesters stood by and the two sides argued.
    Ace, who is in his mid-20s and from the greater Portland area, wore a military-style combat uniform with built-in kneepads, helmet, and camouflage Vans. An AK-47 was strapped across his chest. He also carried 120 rounds of ammunition, a pistol, and a knife.
    “We’re not here to intimidate people,” he said, “and if people are intimidated, I apologize for that, but that’s not my concern.”
    “The people I hope are intimidated are the people sitting right there,” he said, gesturing toward the Capitol Building. “We are an example of people who voted for them in hopes they would do what they said they were going to do when they were elected. They did the opposite.”
    By 1:00 p.m., most of the small crowd was gone.
    — Emily Shetler
  • Lansing, Mich: A small group of people armed with military-style weapons gathered in front of the State Capitol on Sunday morning, but with National Guard troops and State Police surrounding the building, nearly all of the protesters who had shown up were gone by early afternoon.
    “That’s why I’m here, because my vote got stolen,” said Richard Maurer, 65, a small business owner from Owosso. “Biden is never going to be my president. I’m going to fight him whenever I get the chance.”
    Among the armed men in Michigan were also adherents of the “boogaloo” movement, who warned that the government was the enemy that protesters should be focused on.
    “I’m not here to fight anybody, but I’m not going to keep quiet either, ” said a man in a Trump hat who said he was from Greenville but declined to give his name because, he said, his bosses are a “bunch of libs” who might not look kindly on his participation in the protest.
    There was also an unexpected sign of support for Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat who has for months been the target of right-wing protesters. Lorence Wenke, a former Republican state representative from Kalamazoo, had a large sign attached to his pickup truck outside the Capitol that thanked Ms. Whitmer for her “leadership, grace and integrity.”
    “I wanted to be here as one person representing what I think most of the population of Michigan thinks, and that is that she’s doing a good job,” said Mr. Wenke, who switched from the Republican to the Libertarian party and who had served with Ms. Whitmer in the legislature.

I'm guessing most of this is conspiratorial hot air that won't amount to much in the wake of the events on 1/6 and the spotlight it resultingly put on them. We'll probably see random acts of MAGA in the ensuing months, though.

I'm guessing most of this is conspiratorial hot air that won't amount to much in the wake of the events on 1/6 and the spotlight it resultingly put on them. We'll probably see random acts of MAGA in the ensuing months, though.
If these dudes learn encryption and the dark web, I may need to get a gun. They can't all be stupid

Reactions: h-hawk
Police in Richmond stand ready as gun-rights advocates descend on state capital
Dozens of police officers stood at the ready in this historic state capital Monday as gun-rights advocates descended for their annual day lobbying state lawmakers, while a few residents paid tribute to the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
The demonstrators, who for the most part drove in a car caravan because of the coronavirus pandemic, were joined by members of the Proud Boys and Boogaloo Boys extremist groups, who briefed reporters in small clusters outside the Capitol complex.
Authorities were taking no chances, with nationwide alerts for the possibility of right-wing attacks in state capitals ahead of Wednesday’s presidential inauguration and after the Jan. 6 mob attack at the U.S. Capitol. While Sunday had been quiet, state officials warned that the gun-rights event had the potential to draw violent actors from extremist groups.
Metal barricades, dump trucks and armies of law enforcement were arrayed around Capitol Square. For most of Monday morning, members of the media far outnumbered demonstrators in downtown Richmond. And police officers far outnumbered media.
Some of the demonstrators had been in the same spot a year ago, when the Virginia Citizens Defense League organized a massive gun-rights rally that drew more than 20,000 people from around the state and country as a new Democratic majority in the legislature prepared to tighten gun restrictions.
This year, gun-control groups managed to beat VCDL to the punch in getting permits for events on the square. And with Gov. Ralph Northam (D) imposing limits on public gatherings because of the coronavirus pandemic, the organization planned the vehicle caravan instead.
Buses, cars and trucks decked out with Second Amendment and pro-gun slogans were headed to Richmond from all points of the compass. The caravans were scheduled to file up and down the city’s busy Broad Street all afternoon, and organizers planned awards for the best-decorated vehicles.
While participants were not encouraged to carry weapons or get out of their cars, organizers pointed out that they could if they wanted to. That left law enforcement officials on edge for possible violent clashes.

Reactions: BelemNole
If we have any attacks in DC it will be done by the dumbest of the dumb. It has been made more than clear how much security and firepower the US Military has put in place so at this point if your goal Is prison or death then come on down, you're the next contestant on MAGA Idiots.

If we have any attacks in DC it will be done by the dumbest of the dumb. It has been made more than clear how much security and firepower the US Military has put in place so at this point if your goal Is prison or death then come on down, you're the next contestant on MAGA Idiots.
How about these guys?
3500.jpg

Let me know when Vanilla ISIS confronts someone face to face in a scenario where the other side is ready for you.

They won't do shit because they're cowards. The Supreme Leader is fleeing to Mar a Lago. They've pillaged the WH are arranging one last glorious sendoff. Trump wants that big departure with a 21 gun salute. Maybe, just maybe... those guns won't be pointed upward?

Fortunately Trump, Cruz and Hawley have STFU

I think there’s a lot to this. Just getting Trump off social media has dialed stuff back by 50+%, then you have Cruz and Hawley looking really, really bad after 1/6, so they’ve quieted down. Add in the show of force in DC combined with the open commentary on investigations into National Guard and Secret Service to determine if there are sympathizers and I think we’ve greatly reduced the chance of major sh1t going down.

Its best you go to sites like the donald.win and the QAnon link posted in another thread to see when they are planning their activities
It's fascinating that only the progressives on this board know about these sites. I've never heard of these, and neither have my family nor any of my friends. I guess I'm not cool enough.
Or perhaps I am just so ready to march with the rest of you into the abyss. Y'all go first. I'll catch up in a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
I think there’s a lot to this. Just getting Trump off social media has dialed stuff back by 50+%, then you have Cruz and Hawley looking really, really bad after 1/6, so they’ve quieted down. Add in the show of force in DC combined with the open commentary on investigations into National Guard and Secret Service to determine if there are sympathizers and I think we’ve greatly reduced the chance of major sh1t going down.
This is what I'm thinking, too.
I notice the daily copy and paste from Ciggy didn't include Tallahassee. Maybe because all was quiet in front of the Capitol on Sunday.
Let's ALL hope that the prep and the quiet on the propaganda front leads to what we count on in America. The orderly transition of power. 🙏

Reactions: hawkifann
It's fascinating that only the progressives on this board know about these sites. I've never heard of these, and neither have my family nor any of my friends. I guess I'm not cool enough.
Or perhaps I am just so ready to march with the rest of you into the abyss. Y'all go first. I'll catch up in a bit.
I get my news from a wide spectrum of sources and believe you should know thy enemy.

Reactions: torbee
Well we know you aren’t worried about the radicalization of a giant swath of the GOP due to the fact you’re an embittered, close-minded hack. So BAU? 🤔

Reactions: nelly02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT