ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia Coach Nails It: RE - 3rd Assistant

Was listening to an episode of the B1G Baseball podcast as I mowed my lawn last night. The hosts (based out of West Lafayette) were interviewing the University of Minnesota's head coach and he reiterated the same view. Start the season after April 1st. End it right before the beginning of college football season.

Was listening to an episode of the B1G Baseball podcast as I mowed my lawn last night. The hosts (based out of West Lafayette) were interviewing the University of Minnesota's head coach and he reiterated the same view. Start the season after April 1st. End it right before the beginning of college football season.

Good luck getting the SEC,ACC, and Texas 12 on board

Reactions: Incredible Hawk
From Kendall Rogers of D1Baseball.com:

• The Big Ten, as expected, voted ‘NO’ on the proposal, but what’s interesting is the league actually had eight votes against the legislation. Big Ten commissioner Jim Delaney also had four votes as ‘FBS Autonomy Commissioner’, along with the league’s four votes, all for ‘NO’. Losing the Big Ten on this proposal clearly was a killer for the legislation, especially with leagues around the Big Ten like the Mid-American Conference and Ohio Valley Conference following suit with ‘NO’ votes. It’s worth mentioning the Missouri Valley and Horizon Leagues were both ‘YES’ votes.

So... only 4 voted in favor in the B1G. Never heard of Barta's vote, but I'd be surprised if it was in favor.

From Kendall Rogers of D1Baseball.com:

• The Big Ten, as expected, voted ‘NO’ on the proposal, but what’s interesting is the league actually had eight votes against the legislation. Big Ten commissioner Jim Delaney also had four votes as ‘FBS Autonomy Commissioner’, along with the league’s four votes, all for ‘NO’. Losing the Big Ten on this proposal clearly was a killer for the legislation, especially with leagues around the Big Ten like the Mid-American Conference and Ohio Valley Conference following suit with ‘NO’ votes. It’s worth mentioning the Missouri Valley and Horizon Leagues were both ‘YES’ votes.

So... only 4 voted in favor in the B1G. Never heard of Barta's vote, but I'd be surprised if it was in favor.
All P5 conference’s vote counted as 4 votes. Smaller conferences counted as 2 votes and even smaller conferences only counted as 1 vote. The B1G voted no.

Delaney had 4 votes as FBS Autonomy Commissioner and voted no.

Hence the B1G/Delaney had 8 no votes against the legislation.

This is the only listing of how the ADs voted:
t

All P5 conference’s vote counted as 4 votes. Smaller conferences counted as 2 votes and even smaller conferences only counted as 1 vote. The B1G voted no.

Delaney had 4 votes as FBS Autonomy Commissioner and voted no.

Hence the B1G/Delaney had 8 no votes against the legislation.

This is the only listing of how the ADs voted:
t

Gary voting no doesn’t surprise me. What a putz, guy came to Iowa claiming he wants to compete for a B1G title in every sport yet I feel like he is holding Iowa athletics back.

Gary voting no doesn’t surprise me. What a putz, guy came to Iowa claiming he wants to compete for a B1G title in every sport yet I feel like he is holding Iowa athletics back.
If the compromise was to push back the start of the season to fund the 3rd assistant and the other conferences wouldn’t play ball, I don’t blame Delaney voting no. There’s no good reason to be playing baseball in February.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT