ADVERTISEMENT

Western Illinois Time On Tuesday

This morning's WarrenNolan predictor has Iowa winning out and ending with an RPI of 56. If that happens we're right back in the thick of things. I don't see how winning those 4 games makes up 23 spots in the RPI however...

Reactions: AuroraHawk
This morning's WarrenNolan predictor has Iowa winning out and ending with an RPI of 56. If that happens we're right back in the thick of things. I don't see how winning those 4 games makes up 23 spots in the RPI however...

Thank you for having the intestinal fortitude to check this . . . I've been absolutely sick to my stomach since yesterday afternoon. My only solace involved firing up the grill, making a great dinner and mixing good drinks for my wife and daughter (no pics and no alcohol!) on Mother's Day. Even my Buccos grabbing 3 of 4 against the Cardinals after a Thursday beat down didn't raise my "baseball spirits."

Win out.
Make a statement in the B1G tournament.

That's the new goal. I'm not sure that the pitching is there but the last time that the season appeared to be on the ropes, Iowa swept Illinois. Maybe the Hawks need to find a chip on their shoulder and play better as an underdog as opposed to the target.

Thank you for having the intestinal fortitude to check this . . . I've been absolutely sick to my stomach since yesterday afternoon. My only solace involved firing up the grill, making a great dinner and mixing good drinks for my wife and daughter (no pics and no alcohol!) on Mother's Day. Even my Buccos grabbing 3 of 4 against the Cardinals after a Thursday beat down didn't raise my "baseball spirits."

Win out.

That's the new goal. I'm not sure that the pitching is there but the last time that the season appeared to be on the ropes, Iowa swept Illinois. Maybe the Hawks need to find a chip on their shoulder and play better as an underdog as opposed to the target.
I just hope we don't implode and get swept and miss the Big Ten Tourney. Not expecting that but now for the past two years I got fully roped into baseball, the metrics, RPI, etc. Went to TDA last year to watch them, had tickets for all sessions only to see them get pounded and two and BBQ. Hoping that doesn't happen again, Iowa gets really great fan support here in Omaha and the fans were just waiting for a reason to pull the Hawks through last year!

I just hope we don't implode and get swept and miss the Big Ten Tourney. Not expecting that but now for the past two years I got fully roped into baseball, the metrics, RPI, etc. Went to TDA last year to watch them, had tickets for all sessions only to see them get pounded and two and BBQ. Hoping that doesn't happen again, Iowa gets really great fan support here in Omaha and the fans were just waiting for a reason to pull the Hawks through last year!

IF Iowa were to get swept god forbid they would need OSU to lose once, Rutgers lose once, or NW lose twice to make it. They'd need 2/3 to happen.

Iowa loses a multiple team 12-12 tie breaker.

Win out.

I don't think the pitching or bats are consistently there. Maryland has a few quality arms especially Hunter Parsons.

I don't think the pitching or bats are consistently there. Maryland has a few quality arms especially Hunter Parsons.
Baseball is a funny game. The MSU series had the most consistent offensive effort from the Hawks since Purdue but also probably the worst pitching effort over a 3 game stretch of the season. One more strike, a ground ball, or pop fly in that 7th inning and it is a completely different narrative today.

That's baseball?

Reactions: Couppee

Win out.

I was searching for a path to a bid yesterday afternoon and it had Iowa getting swept at Maryland and finishing somewhere in the 90s. That was sobering... Being 130ish points out of that mid-50s spot, I don't see how Iowa gets there without a lot of indirect help or a helluva run in the B1G.

I was searching for a path to a bid yesterday afternoon and it had Iowa getting swept at Maryland and finishing somewhere in the 90s. That was sobering... Being 130ish points out of that mid-50s spot, I don't see how Iowa gets there without a lot of indirect help or a helluva run in the B1G.

We get swept at Maryland and it's probable our season is done.

Reactions: whatsup13579er
Soo....what's the most logical regional path now? Beat WIU, sweep Maryland and win at least 2 in Big Ten Tourney? Would that get us in?

The path is whatever get Iowa gets back to 50s in the RPI, possibly low 60s. Iowa has a tournament quality resume outside of the RPI. Right now its all about getting that RPI number down. Baseball America and D1 Baseball have both talked about how weak the bubble is this year. Hopefully Iowa can take advantage of that.

Iowa finishing T-3 in the B1G standings would be a huge positive in the eyes of the committee so getting a sweep at Maryland is almost a must to meet that metric. Finishing T-3, but getting the 6th seed is likely most beneficial for Iowa. Iowa needs games against the better RPI teams in the tourney.

Iowa winning 2 in the B1G Tourney would mean they also would lose 2 likely negating any positive RPI growth. I have a real hard time envisioning a scenario where Iowa gets in without 3 wins in the B1G Tourney without massive RPI help from the indirect games.

Remember Minny is going to be in the field with their RPI of 70 and either NW (94), Rutger (176), or tOSU (152) will be the 7 and 8 seeds. Iowa needs to avoid these teams in the tourney to avoid the RPI hit especially with a loss.

I don't think there is a video stream for the Iowa at Western Illinois game.

FIRST PITCH: Noon CT, Tues May 14.

Go here for more info on this game: https://hawkeyesports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=470

You can also follow along or check the game's progress via Iowa's Twitter account, which is here:
https://twitter.com/UIBaseball

ON IOWA!!!
GO HAWKEYES!!!
Just saw that the game with Western Illinois was cancelled due to weather. On to Maryland. Let’s go Hawks.

Reactions: Franisdaman
The path is whatever get Iowa gets back to 50s in the RPI, possibly low 60s. Iowa has a tournament quality resume outside of the RPI. Right now its all about getting that RPI number down. Baseball America and D1 Baseball have both talked about how weak the bubble is this year. Hopefully Iowa can take advantage of that.

Iowa finishing T-3 in the B1G standings would be a huge positive in the eyes of the committee so getting a sweep at Maryland is almost a must to meet that metric. Finishing T-3, but getting the 6th seed is likely most beneficial for Iowa. Iowa needs games against the better RPI teams in the tourney.

Iowa winning 2 in the B1G Tourney would mean they also would lose 2 likely negating any positive RPI growth. I have a real hard time envisioning a scenario where Iowa gets in without 3 wins in the B1G Tourney without massive RPI help from the indirect games.

Remember Minny is going to be in the field with their RPI of 70 and either NW (94), Rutger (176), or tOSU (152) will be the 7 and 8 seeds. Iowa needs to avoid these teams in the tourney to avoid the RPI hit especially with a loss.
I'm still hoping for a cancellation.
You got your wish!

Reactions: hersh236
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT