ADVERTISEMENT

WFL NCAA Challenge Time

CowboyUp61

HR MVP
May 22, 2016
Stillwater, OK
WRESTLING FOR LIFE NCAA CHALLENGE

Gentlemen, and other wrestling fans;

After missing a COVID year, (I know, bad word) we are continuing the spirit of friendly competition while supporting the growth of our sport, thought maybe we could get an across the boards bragging rights challenge for the NCAA tournament going. We are just a couple of weeks away away, but it is never too early to start thinking about Wrestling for Life and growing the sport we all love. Plus, you can start saving money to donate!

Rules are simple;

• Openly pledge any amount per team point scored by your team at the 2022 NCAA tournament to be donated to Wrestling For Life. MAKE SURE TO DESIGNATE YOUR TEAM. Example: CowboyUp61 pledges $1 per point for OKLA STATE. If OSU scores 150 team points, my donation would be $150.00. Any amount is welcome, and appreciated. If you don’t want to keep track, you can just donate a flat amount, and it counts for your board! Any receipt posted(to WFL J) dated after the original post is made, through April 2nd counts!
  • ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PLEDGE, and post your receipt by March 31. (DON’T BE A SPYKER!)
  • The winning board and team will be decided by the amount of receipts to WFL posted by April 2.
  • The winning board gets bragging rights for the next year.
  • All who donate get the knowledge their money went to provide shoes to those that otherwise may not have them, tickets to events for kids who otherwise may never be able to attend, and that these young kids may stick with wrestling due to your support!
DISCLAIMER: I hate fundraising. However, the cause is close to my heart as I was that kid who wouldn’t have been able to have wrestling shoes, equipment, trips to tournaments, etc. without the aid and assistance of others. Wrestling For Life (Jim) does wonders in the wrestling community in getting equipment to where it can do the most good. Feel free to jump in and play along, with all funds going to a great cause!

Conference tourneys over, you know where you stand point-wise. Time to build the list! The demand for shoes will probably be higher for next season than ever.

OK, getting worried. Know some are doing individual bets is Slush's thread, which is great. But know there are a lot of PSU fans who just NEED to donate to a good cause!

Plus, Jim might show me to the door if i can't cover the bill for the shoes I ordered a couple weeks ago :(

I’ll bet $50 to WFL that Kaleb Young places higher than Brady Berge. If both don’t AA, both pay.

Reactions: Grip220
Hey Jim. I just realized I'm spending more on my donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club than I donate to WFL. Gonna correct that today. Check is in the mail. Forgive me for being so slow to wake up to help the kids get needed shoes. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Hey Jim. I just realized I'm spending more on my donation to Hawkeye Wrestling cCub than I donate to WFL. Gonna correct that today. Check is in the mail. Forgive me for being so slow to wake up to help the kids get needed shoes. Keep up the good work.
another good man stepping up!

WRESTLING FOR LIFE NCAA CHALLENGE

Gentlemen, and other wrestling fans;

After missing a COVID year, (I know, bad word) we are continuing the spirit of friendly competition while supporting the growth of our sport, thought maybe we could get an across the boards bragging rights challenge for the NCAA tournament going. We are just a couple of weeks away away, but it is never too early to start thinking about Wrestling for Life and growing the sport we all love. Plus, you can start saving money to donate!

Rules are simple;

• Openly pledge any amount per team point scored by your team at the 2022 NCAA tournament to be donated to Wrestling For Life. MAKE SURE TO DESIGNATE YOUR TEAM. Example: CowboyUp61 pledges $1 per point for OKLA STATE. If OSU scores 150 team points, my donation would be $150.00. Any amount is welcome, and appreciated. If you don’t want to keep track, you can just donate a flat amount, and it counts for your board! Any receipt posted(to WFL J) dated after the original post is made, through April 2nd counts!
  • ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PLEDGE, and post your receipt by March 31. (DON’T BE A SPYKER!)
  • The winning board and team will be decided by the amount of receipts to WFL posted by April 2.
  • The winning board gets bragging rights for the next year.
  • All who donate get the knowledge their money went to provide shoes to those that otherwise may not have them, tickets to events for kids who otherwise may never be able to attend, and that these young kids may stick with wrestling due to your support!
DISCLAIMER: I hate fundraising. However, the cause is close to my heart as I was that kid who wouldn’t have been able to have wrestling shoes, equipment, trips to tournaments, etc. without the aid and assistance of others. Wrestling For Life (Jim) does wonders in the wrestling community in getting equipment to where it can do the most good. Feel free to jump in and play along, with all funds going to a great cause!
I'll go $10 for every Hawk who AAs, another $10 for every Hawk in the finals, and $25 more for any Hawk who brings home the gold.

i posted my receipt on the other boards, and I am going to be lazy. Here is the link to donate

CC or paypal work!

Iowa Stats

TeamBonusAAchamp
PointsPoints
Iowa
74​
9.5​
5​
0​

If needed, I have the calculations done.

i posted my receipt on the other boards, and I am going to be lazy. Here is the link to donate

CC or paypal work!

Iowa Stats

TeamBonusAAchamp
PointsPoints
Iowa
74​
9.5​
5​
0​

If needed, I have the calculations done.
Don't know how to insert a receipt here, but I paid $50. Says it was transaction ID 2035-1929-2193-8718 if that helps confirm. Thanks for all the good work WFL does.

Date: March 23, 2022
Transaction ID: 6JM99060ST442483X
Purpose: Wrestling For Life
Donation to:
Wrestling for Life

Donation from: sstark46
Donation amount: $124.00

This is $74 for my pledge for Iowa team points plus $50 for Kerk placing higher than Cass as per bet with @PSU Mike

Date: March 23, 2022
Transaction ID: 6JM99060ST442483X
Purpose: Wrestling For Life
Donation to:
Wrestling for Life

Donation from: sstark46
Donation amount: $124.00

This is $74 for my pledge for Iowa team points plus $50 for Kerk placing higher than Cass as per bet with @PSU Mike

Just in case …

You donated $25.00 USD to Wrestling for Life​
Thank you for using PayPal​
Donation Details​
Date:​
March 19, 2022​
Transaction ID:​
9K9861403A6886233​
Purpose:​
Wrestling For Life​
Donation to:​
Wrestling for Life

Thanks to those that have donated, either through this thread, or other ways. I think this is a great organization doing great things for wrestling, on a nationwide scale. The demand for shoes was greater this year than any time since I got involved, first by just donating, then by trying to help fundraise, then by buying every pair of clearance shoes that we can afford. These donations are a great help!

If anyone wants to donate at any time, it would be welcomed and appreciated! Jim started a great thing-lets help him continue!

All the donations pledged for this particular event have been added. I will continue to add in donations from those who didn’t pledge, but meant to but just didn’t post. This is the current standings, which I think will change before April 1st, which is when I will finalize the sheet.

3rd place Iowa $274

2nd place OSU $317

1st place PSU $664

Don’t want this to be the final score? Below is the link to change!

All the donations pledged for this particular event have been added. I will continue to add in donations from those who didn’t pledge, but meant to but just didn’t post. This is the current standings, which I think will change before April 1st, which is when I will finalize the sheet.

3rd place Iowa $274

2nd place OSU $317

1st place PSU $664

Let’s go Hawks! This is the one time we can beat PSU at the money game😁!!

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyUp61

3rd place Iowa $274

2nd place OSU $317

1st place PSU $664

Are we sure we can trust you? I heard on the PSU board you said we were in 1st and they were in 3rd. Bet you have a rivalry marketing degree. 😎

Kwood has been supporting Wrestling for Life from the beginning and, yes, he did send a check.

If you take my donation for shoes, even though I didn't play your silly little pledge game. Just a straight up donation for shoes........we are already in 2nd place ahead of fOSU.
rules, my friend, rules. So if we added yours in from outside, then you have to add mine in from outside the game. Might be a push there-but that $10K definitely pushed HR over the top!

ADVERTISEMENT