ADVERTISEMENT

What’s Cookin’?

Nipigu

HR Heisman
Oct 31, 2005
Grilling 3 pounds of little necks
Akashi NY (not a fan of the cut but this looked pretty good)
Hamburgers with sun dried tomatoes and feta for the dogs

Picked up some Spotted Cow too.

w7zllxo.jpg

Black iron sautéed fresh shrimp and scollops. Quinoa for a bit of fiber. From the local stand blue lake green beans juiced with Black Forest bacon. From the yard spinach, maters, and squash to mix with SC peaches and Rainer cherries for a massive salad. Previewed by a fresh maters, banana peppers, avocados, etc... salsa. Highland Brewing Pilsner, Catawba Brewing White Zombie, and Modelo Cerveza are in the cooler, Tito’s Wodka and Sailer Jerry’s Yum are at the ready.
We gonna throw it back.

Black iron sautéed fresh shrimp and scollops. Quinoa for a bit of fiber. From the local stand blue lake green beans juiced with Black Forest bacon. From the yard spinach, maters, and squash to mix with SC peaches and Rainer cherries for a massive salad. Previewed by a fresh maters, banana peppers, avocados, etc... salsa. Highland Brewing Pilsner, Catawba Brewing White Zombie, and Modelo Cerveza are in the cooler, Tito’s Wodka and Sailer Jerry’s Yum are at the ready.
We gonna throw it back.

Pictures later I hope! How you doing the scallops?

Hmmm...I haven’t had a glass of vodka in a while. Thanks for the idea.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Pictures later I hope! How you doing the scallops?

Hmmm...I haven’t had a glass of vodka in a while. Thanks for the idea.
Often we shish kebob the shrimp and scollops with multi colored peppers, onions, and pineapple doused in oil n vinegar or Paul Newman’s Italian dressing. This time it is in the iron with butter, black pepper, and garlic. Time honored and tasty. Drop it on brown rice, or today, quinoa.

Reactions: mstp1992 and Nipigu
Often we shish kebob the shrimp and scollops with multi colored peppers, onions, and pineapple doused in oil n vinegar or Paul Newman’s Italian dressing. This time it is in the iron with butter, black pepper, and garlic. Time honored and tasty. Drop it on brown rice, or today, quinoa.

Sounds good. I make a scallops with Belgium endive in a cream sauce. Pretty tasty but I have a tendency get careless and overcook them.

Likely doing the
Grilling 3 pounds of little necks
Akashi NY (not a fan of the cut but this looked pretty good)
Hamburgers with sun dried tomatoes and feta for the dogs

Picked up some Spotted Cow too.

w7zllxo.jpg
bacon wrapped chicken grilled 4 assortment of stuffing: feta and spinach; jalapeño and popper filling; Caprese ingredients; and ham and cheese. Probably some burgers for good measure. Going on the traeger. Also busting out the new telescope tonight and try it out. Hoping to see the rings of Saturn. Yes we are boring.

Likely doing the

bacon wrapped chicken grilled 4 assortment of stuffing: feta and spinach; jalapeño and popper filling; Caprese ingredients; and ham and cheese. Probably some burgers for good measure. Going on the traeger. Also busting out the new telescope tonight and try it out. Hoping to see the rings of Saturn. Yes we are boring.
That sounds tasty.
Life is good. We are spoiled, but I’ll take it.

Got a recipe for the smoked mac and cheese?
Try this sometime...

Black iron Mac and cheese... Number 10 skillet or maybe Dutch Oven.

Prep about 6 strips bacon. Cook noodles, grate sharp cheddar cheese. ( maybe 10-12 oz.)

Drop a fat spoonful of butter into a hot skillet...(preheat at 400 to start then about 600 degrees.)

Add a cup of milk and a solid teaspoon of smoked paprika.

Add cheese by the handful, saving a solid handful.

After cheese is melted, whisk in 4-5 tablespoons of all purpose flour. Looking for house paint consistency.

Remove from heat, stir in noodles and crumbled bacon. Lay muenster cheese and the handful of grated on top.

Put under broiler for 3-4 minutes, watching it to bubble and brown out. Don't walk away from it!!!

Try this sometime...

Black iron Mac and cheese... Number 10 skillet or maybe Dutch Oven.

Prep about 6 strips bacon. Cook noodles, grate sharp cheddar cheese. ( maybe 10-12 oz.)

Drop a fat spoonful of butter into a hot skillet...(preheat at 400 to start then about 600 degrees.)

Add a cup of milk and a solid teaspoon of smoked paprika.

Add cheese by the handful, saving a solid handful.

After cheese is melted, whisk in 4-5 tablespoons of all purpose flour. Looking for house paint consistency.

Remove from heat, stir in noodles and crumbled bacon. Lay muenster cheese and the handful of grated on top.

Put under broiler for 3-4 minutes, watching it to bubble and brown out. Don't walk away from it!!!

SpecificFrigidIndianskimmer-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: billanole
Got a recipe for the smoked mac and cheese?
You can tweak it however your taste dictates but I mix a stick of butter and 1/4 cup flour in a pan until it turns golden brown. Then add about 3 cups milk and stir until thickens. Once thick, add 8oz of cream cheese cut into chunks and stir until smooth. Add that to 24oz of whatever shredded cheese you like and any other ingredients (I use chopped bacon). Cook a box of elbow macaroni and drain it then mix it with your cheese sauce mixture. Scoop it into an aluminum pan and put in the smoker at 225 for about 2 hours. It will get a golden brown crust on the top. It's pretty dense but the best Mac and cheese I've ever had.

You can tweak it however your taste dictates but I mix a stick of butter and 1/4 cup flour in a pan until it turns golden brown. Then add about 3 cups milk and stir until thickens. Once thick, add 8oz of cream cheese cut into chunks and stir until smooth. Add that to 24oz of whatever shredded cheese you like and any other ingredients (I use chopped bacon). Cook a box of elbow macaroni and drain it then mix it with your cheese sauce mixture. Scoop it into an aluminum pan and put in the smoker at 225 for about 2 hours. It will get a golden brown crust on the top. It's pretty dense but the best Mac and cheese I've ever had.

Thank you.

Reactions: Hwki6sn
Awesome.

Restaurant I'm headed to tonight is s probably preparing the smoked prime rib I'll order later as we speak. Can't fvcking wait. Probably will get some onion rings as an appetizer as well.
ribeye-with-jumbo-shrimp.jpg

images
Wowser!! What restaurant? Looks and sounds AMAZING! Enjoy!!!

Reactions: bojihawk44

Sounds good. I make a baked Mac and cheese starting with roux. It contains smoked Spanish paprika for some smokiness. My step daughter used to love it.

Put steaks on the grill last night and it's a bazillion degrees here so cooking in the kitchen tonight. Arroz con pollo in the oven now.

Reactions: Nipigu
ADVERTISEMENT