ADVERTISEMENT

What’s on the menu this weekend?

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
First cool front rolled through Houston. Woke to temps on the 60s. Had to go to Galveston today to help my FIL so Went down at the crack of dawn to run on the beach and swing by the piers to see what was fresh. Got a beautiful red snapper and blue crabs. Think I’m going to grill whole fish Veracruz style and make some fresh tortillas

First cool front rolled through Houston. Woke to temps on the 60s. Had to go to Galveston today to help my FIL so Went down at the crack of dawn to run on the beach and swing by the piers to see what was fresh. Got a beautiful red snapper and blue crabs. Think I’m going to grill whole fish Veracruz style and make some fresh tortillas

What time is dinner? I'll bring the brewskies and liquor!

Reactions: Fijimn
My kids asked to do the "Drive Thru Challenge". Basically you choose a place that has a drive thru and ask for the exact same thing the person in front of you got. Youngest chose Dunkin and got two powdered donuts so she was happy. It's as dumb as it sounds but they seem to enjoy it. Glad it's a cheat day 🤣

We are on quarantine for another week so it will be a good time to raid the freezer. I will be firing up the grill for sure tonight, probably burgers and grilled potatoes.

Grilling
Gas grill: corn, potatoes and asparagus
Charcoal grill: pork and beef ribs, hot dogs, burgers, Italian and smoked sausage, t bones and whatever fish I come across at the grocery store today

Reactions: jasonrann
Grilling
Gas grill: corn, potatoes and asparagus
Charcoal grill: pork and beef ribs, hot dogs, burgers, Italian and smoked sausage, t bones and whatever fish I come across at the grocery store today

Damn, dude, how many you cooking for?!

I made an ancho venison chili last night. I’m trying to make some room in the freezer for the upcoming archery season. I’ll probably eat that for most of the weekend. I might slice up a roast to make some jerky, but that would have to start pretty soon here and I’m feeling like I might have a pretty low say:do ratio today.

I'm going to smoke some country ribs and wings today. We'll have the wings with some slaw and curry roasted potatoes tonight and the ribs will be used to make black bean soup tomorrow for the wife's, nopic, soup coop she and her friends created with the help of a feq bottles of wine.

Reactions: JMNSHO
I'm going to smoke some country ribs and wings today. We'll have the wings with some slaw and curry roasted potatoes tonight and the ribs will be used to make black bean soup tomorrow for the wife's, nopic, soup coop she and her friends created with the help of a feq bottles of wine.
Yum. Pro tip: I find the trick with smoking pork is to make sure the fuel is actually on fire.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
I made an ancho venison chili last night. I’m trying to make some room in the freezer for the upcoming archery season. I’ll probably eat that for most of the weekend. I might slice up a roast to make some jerky, but that would have to start pretty soon here and I’m feeling like I might have a pretty low say:do ratio today.

Have you or Gully ever tried to make your own venison summer sausage? I've smoked some already prepped product that turned out great, but I've never done it from start to finish.

I’m headed to OP’s mom’s house. Also expecting to get some snapper and crabs.

We broke out for a trip down to Myrtle Beach. So far, so good regarding masks and distancing. Tonight we will slip down to a sweet spot we have hit before. https://www.sarajs.com/menu
Four of us will divvy up, Oysters Rockefeller, Boiled Shrimp, Mahi Mahi, Lump CrabMeat, and an Anglers Casserole. Finished with Key Lime Pie and juiced coffee.

ADVERTISEMENT