ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the best Weezer song?

I love Weezer and:
Don't like Beverly Hills
Hate the Sweater song... only one on the Blue Album I don't like.

My favorite is Buddy Holly or The World Has Turned. Both Blue Album.

Reactions: MR BEEBS
Lot of good ones already. Here is a solid one from their later years. As catchy as their early years. Sounds like mid 90s weezer, awesome bridge and all.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
pcrI7K2JP-e88YAp-YqxWJvFADsq1ntOAvkOtsYL0nc.jpg

Does anyone else think it’s brilliant how on the blue album, track 2, “No One Else,” depicts an insecure dick just hating on his girlfriend, saying things like:

My girl's got a big mouth
With which she blabbers a lot
She laughs at most everything
Whether it's funny or not
And if you see her, tell her it's over now

I want a girl who will laugh for no one else
When I'm away, she puts her makeup on the shelf
When I'm away, she never leaves the house
I want a girl who laughs for no one else

and then the very next song depicts a heartbroken guy feeling sorry for himself in “The world has turned and left me here” who’s jerking off to memories of his ex-girlfriend (I just made love to your sweet memory) and who now remembers her laughing at how witty he is (You laughed enchanted by my intellect)?

I think the songs are obviously meant to be heard together in this order as kind of a way to say, “don’t be a jackass who doesn’t appreciate your girl lest you find yourself alone, miserable, and pathetic.”

artworks-000221493500-blcwdc-t500x500.jpg

This is a difficult question. A lot of the best came off b-sides from the first 3 albums

In no particular order -

Susanne
Teenage Victory Song
Simple Pages aka Mansion of Cardboard
Love Explosion

Does anyone else think it’s brilliant how on the blue album, track 2, “No One Else,” depicts an insecure dick just hating on his girlfriend, saying things like:

My girl's got a big mouth
With which she blabbers a lot
She laughs at most everything
Whether it's funny or not
And if you see her, tell her it's over now

I want a girl who will laugh for no one else
When I'm away, she puts her makeup on the shelf
When I'm away, she never leaves the house
I want a girl who laughs for no one else

and then the very next song depicts a heartbroken guy feeling sorry for himself in “The world has turned and left me here” who’s jerking off to memories of his ex-girlfriend (I just made love to your sweet memory) and who now remembers her laughing at how witty he is (You laughed enchanted by my intellect)?

I think the songs are obviously meant to be heard together in this order as kind of a way to say, “don’t be a jackass who doesn’t appreciate your girl lest you find yourself alone, miserable, and pathetic.”

artworks-000221493500-blcwdc-t500x500.jpg

Holy crap. I had never thought about that. I have always thought about the meaning of both songs but never how you put them together. Good call.

Also, I love My Name is Jonas and Buddy Holly. Best stretch of 4 songs on an album.

ADVERTISEMENT