ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the best Winger song?

JMNSHO

HR Heisman
Mar 11, 2010
I’m thinking process of elimination is called for here. Definitely not Purple Haze. Can you get all the way through it?

Yeaaah....um....I have Seventeen on my 80's playlist. When I listen to it I can't help think that song would get a lot of negative attention today.

winger sucks

The one with the video where Kip prowls around the stage, pretending to play guitar while gyrating his hips in a sexually suggestive manner.

Yeaaah....um....I have Seventeen on my 80's playlist. When I listen to it I can't help think that song would get a lot of negative attention today.
LOL. Loved that song when I was, you know, 17. Saw KISS, Winger, and Slaughter in concert.

Now that I am almost 49 I click on that video and a grown ass Kip Winger singing about banging a 17 year old, yeah, I'll still jam that on an 80's playlist and like the song for nostalgia reasons but the song is pretty F'ed up.

Another example of how awesome the 80's were. Nobody even batted an eye or thought that song was out of line.

Reactions: steelrain
The one about how fun statutory rape is.
Age of consent in Iowa is 16...but that is one upbeat tune about banging a teenager as a then 26 year old when he wrote the song...Winger claims he based it on The Beatles "I Saw Her Standing There"'

The one with the video where Kip prowls around the stage, pretending to play guitar while gyrating his hips in a sexually suggestive manner.
I get it that Winger's music aged horribly. And they're the laughing stock of the 80s hair fad. However, Kip Winger is a classically trained musician. He can play a long list of instruments at a high level. He also writes, produces and composes. The other members of Winger were/are equally accomplished. Other bands might have "better" songs, but where musicianship is concerned, Winger destroys pretty much all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT