ADVERTISEMENT

What a mess!

One more final thought is we have a horrible pick and roll. We need to teach our guards how to cut off a pic to rub their man off and we need to teach our bigs to set solid picks. As it is right now it's broken

I’m also not a fire the coach kind of guy and have liked Fran up until this year. The reason I’m ready to move on is not a very down season by itself but the coaching decisions he’s making. This roster is poorly constructed and lacks true talent. Fran is insisting on going deep into the bench after it’s been proven repeatedly that’s a contributing factor to losing. In fact a contributing factor in our lone B1G win was a shortened rotation in the second half. Yet the next game it’s back to the same brutal subbing.

It’s apparent that no more than 7-8 guys should ever hit the floor for any meaningful minutes this season but in trots 4-5 guys from the bench many of which offer nothing at the first media timeout. Several of the players not only have no business playing but also have no business playing the position they are called on to play.

There’s absolutely no accountability for the playing time rewarded which tells me as a fan the number one object is not to try to win .... it’s just to make sure all my guys play in games. The product is Licklighter’esque bad as a result.

Let’s move on....

The parallels with Alford are there on recruiting/record. Alford to his credit did to a partial reset by getting rid of his Dad as an assistant and Bringing in Neal....Fran needs to do a reset and start prepping for some serious spring recruiting.....

Good point Fran has basically had the top 3 assistants since he has been here. A shake up to the staff could help or least be a start.

I am strongly opposed to Fran firing and replacing an assistant or two. This would only happen if he knew he was about to be fired and wanted to buy another year or two.
The time is now. Let him coach at Idaho State and let his boys play at Idaho State too !
We don't need or want any of them in our basketball program.

The lack of effort and intensity outside of Garza was embarrassing. Sure once in a while a team is on fire but to play with zero pride or intensity minus one player was pathetic. Minus luka Iowa played the exact opposite way chris street played today.

I'm tired of people on here saying, insinuating, or implying that Barta is great at fund raising . Please site me individual examples of individuals donating to the U Athletic Dept. only because of Gary Barta and his sparkling personality ? For the most part individuals donate to a charity or institution because they have a connection and have achieved a certain level of success in life. Then they reach a point in life they want to contribute to that connection as their age/health is a factor more likely than an A.D. .
Most of Barta's perceived success in fund raising is timing/low interest rates, raising ticket prices and Big 10 Headquarters negotiating great media deals for all league schools.
The Dick Jacobson's, Stew Hanson's, Russ Gerdin's, Bill Krause's of Iowa gave regardless of who happens to be Athletic Director. Unfortunately, three of these gentlemen are now gone. Who has Barta single handedly brought in to the donating pipeline ?
Childress, I have seen you go on and on about Barta and his prowess at fund raising , so tell us who is giving to Iowa Athletics because of Barta.

Last edited:
Reactions: And1Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT