ADVERTISEMENT

What a special year for Hawks!

hawkjt

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2004
As I watched Commish Warren announce today that the Big Ten Tourny will go to Minneapolis for 2024 and the football championship game will be staying in Indy for a number of years going forward, he commented how great those title games this past year...it drove home how the Hawks were their for all three title games. In BB we won both.
As the college seasons take break I cannot help but reflect back on this special year for Hawks & fans.
We all want more (human nature)
but sometimes it behooves me to stop and appreciate the journey.
I admit that I am sensing we are entering a new era of professionalzation of college sports where schools like Iowa who cling to the student-athlete model of the past will not flourish.
This year is probably peak Iowa Athletics.
This is a bit of a depressing notion to me which is why I want to make sure I truly acknowledge and appreciate the past year's great accomplishments.
Thanks Hawks!

You are spot on JT. Also won BIG field hockey and Track &Field. A lot to be Happy about with the Hawks in 21-22.

I never thought I would see the Men and Women win the Big Ten tourney in the same year. Who would have expected Keegan to blow up this year and the team play so well with four starters leaving.

It is great to be a Hawkeye!

As I watched Commish Warren announce today that the Big Ten Tourny will go to Minneapolis for 2024 and the football championship game will be staying in Indy for a number of years going forward, he commented how great those title games this past year...it drove home how the Hawks were their for all three title games. In BB we won both.
As the college seasons take break I cannot help but reflect back on this special year for Hawks & fans.
We all want more (human nature)
but sometimes it behooves me to stop and appreciate the journey.
I admit that I am sensing we are entering a new era of professionalzation of college sports where schools like Iowa who cling to the student-athlete model of the past will not flourish.
This year is probably peak Iowa Athletics.
This is a bit of a depressing notion to me which is why I want to make sure I truly acknowledge and appreciate the past year's great accomplishments.
Thanks Hawks!
This has to be fake new! I read on here all the time that all our coaches suck and the same with our athletic director. So there is no way in hell could any of these stories be true....

It was a fun year - in football, West division champs, 3 game trophies stay in IC, long winning streaks against ISU, Minny, Nebby, huge win over PSU.

In basketball - the Keegan Show, stomped MSU, huge wins on the road at Columbus and Ann Arbor, and crushed MD on the road. Four great wins and a BTT title, beating an excellent PU team.

Yep, the football team had a crappy offense and got spanked in the B1G Championship game, and the basketball team didn't make the S16.

But, it was a dam good year!

Thanks for the laugh Chuck... yes sadly that is definitely the take of many here... though I thought that Kevin Warren and everything surrounding him was fake news.....

Reactions: chuck285
Baseball is pretty damn good right now too and I have faith that softball can return to that level.

Agree about baseball, but softball has miles to go to even being average in the B1G.
You can't win in softball without an OUTSTANDING pitcher. This is where the NIL money needs to be spent if you really want to compete in softball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT