ADVERTISEMENT

What are the "normal" office hours where you work?

In general - what are the "normal" office hours where you work?

• 6am-3pm

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 6:30am-3:30pm

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 7am-4pm

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • 7:30am-4:30pm

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • 8am-5pm

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • 8:30am-5:30pm

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • 9am-6pm

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 9:30am-6:30pm

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 10am-7pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other / OP's mom works long, irregular hours

Votes: 17 16.0%

• Total voters
8-4

Don’t take a lunch break so work thr straight 8 Monday- Wednesday.

Thursday 8-6:30

Friday 8-1:30

Flexible work is great as long as long as your five coworkers aren't forced to adjust their lives around your schedule.

Our members expect someone to be available 8:00am-5:30pm mountain time since the Association is based in Denver. As for me, I am online 7-8 then off 8-9 to workout and back on 9-5:30 or 6 eastern.

9-3 CST are considered "core" hours. Then upon starting we choose how to fill in where we want to work other hours for our official work day. After they officially gave us the option to remain wfh permanently about a year ago, I switched to a 4 day workweek. 7:00-5:30 M-Th, Friday's off. It's been glorious.

As a side conversation, anyone sending emails after 8pm (except in case of urgent matters) is inconsiderate, unless the recipient expects the late night emails. If not, the sender is simply dumping their anxiety on someone else. If you need to work late, schedule the email to be sent at 7am (or similar time) the next morning.
My email alerts are off after a certain time, if it's an emergency you can call me, if not I'll get back to you in the morning. Don't be bugging me at night for stupid shit.

Office is typically staffed from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday... Lot's of freedom allowed in scheduling individual hours.

Geez, remember when 9-5 was the standard? Now so many of you are putting in an extra 2-3 hours a day.
I start somewhere around 9. If I'm in the office most everyone is there before me. I leave after 5, but not too much after and I'm usually the last one there.

(24/7 - 365) I am available, take calls and monitor my emails.

Monday thru Friday- at office 9-3 daily. I have people at office from 7 am to 4 pm and then security until midnight. It's worked out great. I love it and I have 0 turnover in 3 years. Very flexible with time out of office as long as everyone is monitoring their emails and returning messages.

6:30-4:00 M-TH
6:30-10:30 Friday

I rarely work longer than that. I don’t plan on giving the man any of my free time. They sure as shit don’t care about you so why give them free time (even though I am salary).

My plant is a 24/7 operation and technically I am always on call. Luckily not many 3rd shift calls. I am generally in the office 730-430 but have pulled many 12+ and 16+ hour shifts

I feel like since we went to working remotely, people are a LOT more intolerant at the thought of Friday afternoon meetings, and way more willing to schedule things between Noon-1pm.

I wish we had a no Friday afternoon meeting policy. They did implement a no 11:30AM-1PM policy unless customer facing. People stuck to that for a couple of months but don't really anymore.

In the office = 8-noon and then WFH unless appointments in the office.
WFH = as early as 5AM and as late as 6PM.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Whatever it takes to meet my SLA's and goals. I can have some long Monday - Thursdays depending on the initiatives I am working on and number of peer reviews assigned to me to perform - granted with it being WFH I can break it up to walk my dog, cook, etc. I never work late on Friday or on weekends at least.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT