ADVERTISEMENT

What are you reading???

Finally getting back into reading pretty regularly

About halfway done with this one, enjoying it:

71Iw79oBg+S.jpg

Reactions: Bonerfarts
This is tremendous, pretty tough read though. A lot of the public narrative on the killings is false. This also gets into the psychology of the killers, which I found fascinating.

R.b880e4aa115999c863ff40f3ccf611af

Last edited:
Rereading the Stormlight Archive. Lots I missed the first read thru. Hope I remember it all when book 5 comes out sometime in the next year or so.

Reactions: PackerHawkeye1
me2 except i’ve been at it seems like for the last 2 months and have barely made a dent. expecting to finish it when biden’s term ends.
Loved the stormlight series but I've been trying to get into this since it came out. SO FREAKING SLOW. The stories that have been expanding over two books just keep getting more intricate. I've pretty much given up on it after 400 pages. The 1800s version of changing the channel I guess.

Two depending on my mood

A Dark History: The Kings & Queens of Europe - Brenda Ralph Lewis
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - Heinlein

I have gone back and started to reread this one

It is basically a recounting of the Scottish Enlightenment, but it sure puts a lot of stuff in perspective, even religion. In the end it is a sort of pre-history of the United States:

8374766.jpg

From Goodreads:

'It's one of the eternal mysteries why so much of the modern world seems to have come out of this remote, rainy corner on the edge of Europe. Most people will point to the technology – television, telephones, macadamised road surfaces, pneumatic tyres, the bicycle, penicillin, Buckfast. But even more important were the new concepts and attitudes that made it all possible. For two hundred years, from the start of the eighteenth century to the end of the nineteenth, Scotland churned out ideas at a ridiculous pace: David Hume remade empiricist philosophy, Adam Smith invented economics, Francis Hutcheson invented modern liberalism, James Hutton invented modern geology, Walter Scott invented modern fiction…. "

(I think the publisher came up with the title, thinking that "A History of the Scottish Enlightenment" would not have sold as many copies.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT